Microsoft Says If You are Going to Buy a Console for Games, You Will Buy an Xbox One

StrongAsFe

"If you're buying a console for games"

What else would I buy it for?! This isn't 2000 when the PS2 was one of the first affordable DVD players you know?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

PS4 already has inbuilt live streaming and recording... cannot do streaming/lets play with any nintendo shit... unless you wanna get sued.

Xbox One has the ability to Live Stream and Record as well.... Nintendo doesn't like free advertising unfortunately for them and the people who make money doing just that.

Forza .... its nice but GT is better imo. From a pure physics and vehicle selection standpoint. Forza has more artistic maps.

We'll never really know who has better physics. We've never driven a Lambo, so the chances of us knowing arn't too high. I'll dismiss that as a subjective issue. 

GT Does have a lot more cars, but a good number weren't good ones. Anyone remember the low quality cars found in GT5 & 6? I don't think it's the number that matters, but some people like the verity where as some people like the quality. 

I personally like Forza becuase of the customization and livery editor, i spent more time kitting out cars than actually racing. I feel like Forza allows you to do much more than just race. Which some people may find extremely awesome. But some people just want to race. 

Fable is a good point, but Fable will come to PC. So it is not exclusive at all.

Indeed it will, but it will technically still be a Microsoft exclusive, which imo has a lot more potential for MS.

halo is dead... they're just milkin it now. Like AC....

Ehhh, Yeah, I've heard this. Some people like it. Others hate it. I never really found Halo all that fun so i can't really say. But Yes, Halo 5 seems to be a missed opportunity. 

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but we have played these games already... very few games on any platform offers good replay value. 

It is very nice, Some people aren't willing to let go of their copies of Forza 4 or the like. It's one of those "It's a good feature that i won't use but it's there for those who do" type of thing. 

the Pro controller just adds basic features found in the PS4 controller :|

I don't think i quite understand where you're coming from... The normal controllers are pretty much the same imo with some intresting... Features here an there. But overall both are solid.

There really isn't anything like the Elite controller.

EDIT: 

Yea...but I still need two goddamn double AA batteries lad.

It's true. I guess it can be a good thing for those who have a stash of AA batteries... But I agree that MS should move on from that and include the Play & Charge kit as a default option. It would be very nice.

Oh that. I'm sure it's a great controller and all, I've yet to see one that can beat the stock console controllers for that matter, but I wouldn't call a optional $150 controller that came out few weeks ago (afaik) a deal breaker. It's a plus without a doubt, but it doesn't mean the console that has is "more for gamers". It just doesn't make sense, at least to me. I'd agree if it came as a stock controller, but it's an option.

That's fine, Some people do need/want the features of the controller because it can up their game to the next level.

MS has made a bundle that seems to be targeted to the Hardcore players, the Elite bundle includes the controller in all it's glory along with a 1TB Hybrid Drive Xbox One. Just in time for the holidays, As someone who want's a controller that goes above and beyond and a Xbox one, I'd definitely would be buying the Elite bundle. But it's $630 Canadian Dollars after Taxes... So... A normal Xbox One shall suffice for now.

If you're going to play games you buy an Xbox One?, ok, then what was all that crap of using the Xbox One to watch TV?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

and that is over-milked and dried out exclusives at that!

Halo died with hte second installment. After that, it turned into the new "mario" or "CoD" or "Battlefield" franchise...

although i will give battlefield one point over the other titles i mentioned as they make the explosions bigger and the destruction more detailed every time... CoD just increases texure reslution.

barely

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

In other news: NetFlix says you should get NetFlix if you want to watch movies.

Apple says you should get an iPhone if you want a smartphone.

Google says you should search with Google if you want to find something.

BMW says you should get one of their cars if you want a 4-wheeled vehicle for personal transportation.

Is this really news?

BMW says you should get one of their cars if you want a 4-wheeled vehicle for personal transportation.

Is this really news?

nop

but their still wrong AF

Oh that's cute.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really? I'm going to buy a Xbox? Seems like a bold statement.

The only system I'm going to get is the PS4. Xbox One exclusives don't interest me and those that do (Tomb Raider) will not get my money for the decisions they made.

edit

Wii U eventually too, of course. I want the new Zelda games. <33

why cant just everyone move to pc?

...because some people can't afford it, console exclusives and many other features that a PC won't give them?

Why can't people just stop sticking their noses into other people's interests? Sometimes the bias and ignorance of the PCMR makes me want to nuke the planet...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Because people are lazy? I have friends that see the value of pc but feel uncomfortable playing it on their living room tv

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

nop

but their still wrong AF

That is more of a personal opinion than a fact. Sure I like PS more, more games I'm interested in, even though XB has some as well, PS has slightly better hardware, but from a software side, seems like Sony is losing. My gf has PS4 but haven't used it in few months because I don't have time so not sure what they changed, but from what I read about XB, Sony could learn a thing or two. Not related to games, but why can't I run movies from a USB on PS4? Really? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

pc still has a huge barrier to entry and learning curve. it might be hard for us to realise that, since as well started playing games on a pc as well, but with pc you don't have that pick the stuff off the shelf plug it in and you good to go situation. you don't have to install the store's app, or deal with multiple stores, or configure options etc.

the steam boxes were made to solve that but failed to do so, because most major titles don't come to linux, there are some exceptions like shadow of mordor but those are rare.

Even on a tech enthusiast forum, the console war rages on...

Plastic, you guys a worshipping plastic and it's sad AF...

Okay,

1. Halo 5 is already confirmed to be sub-par at best. 

2. PC has...more (and probably better) exclusives than Xbox and PS4, jesus....eg. CSGO, LoL.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I like Forza

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

really? I'm going buy a Xbone? a console that can't handle its games in 1080p? sounds pretty desperate if you are saying that.

If I'm going to buy new console, it'll be PS4 only because it's has slightly better hardware, and it doesn't look like a giant VCR.

Or you know, build your own fucking PC and leave behind the PeasantStation4 or MicroshitboxOne?

I got tired of wasting money on peasant crap when I could experience something multitudes greater. I'm sorry but these consoles are just pure and utter garbage. It's evident now and will be far far far more evident as new PC hardware comes out in the next year.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Except for the part where PS4 is whopping Xbone in every way.

Are they on another planet or just got their heads buried?

No it doesn't, not every way. They both have benefits. Yes, PS4 has more sales. That doesn't mean Xbox One is worse or unsuccessful. Just because Samsung sells the most smart phones does that make Apple, Lg, Asus or any other seller not as good or unsuccessful? Of course not. I know, you're not saying XO is unsuccessful. If you look at the features Xbox One has things that PS4 doesn't. Backwards compatibility, continuous updates that keep giving the XO more features or better designs (there have been a lot of updates since the start of XO), the Elite controller that is great for pros or people who want more features and better design, better voice activation and soon Cortana, and HDMI pass through.

Yea, we can go over what PS4 has like slightly better hardware or being able to take over your friends game. Most of the stuff is very similar but in no way is one really better then the other. It all depends on what you like more.

This comment caught my attention.

I know literally 1 person that likes the XB controller more than the PS one. What is so special about it that the "pros" want it? 

Also Fable: The Lost Chapters is the only good Fable so I wouldn't call that a plus.  :lol:

Only one? I know a ton of people who prefer the Xbox over the PS controller. Even Luke aka Slick likes the xbox controller better. To answer your Elite controller question, exchangeable parts, they put a rubber grip on it (similar to the PS4 controller), ability to shorten the travel of the triggers, paddles aka buttons on the bottom of the controller that you can put on for more buttons which you can be mapped to any other button, and I think shorter travel for the xyab buttons

Yea...but I still need two goddamn double AA batteries lad.

LOL NO YOU DON'T!!!! The Xbox One controller has 3 ways to be powered.

1. It can be a wired controller and no batteries at all need to be plugged into the controller. Just use a USB to Micro USB cord. There is an official Xbox One Controller cord.

2. There is a battery pack that can be purchased with the controller. It is a dedicated battery for the controller. It can be charged by either having the controller plugged in or using a dock that is connected to an outlet. You can then buy two of these battery packs and use one while having the other charged up ready to go. Then when the one that you are using runs out of energy just switch to the other battery pack. The Xbox 360 controller had this feature as well so you didn't need AA batteries.

3. AA batteries. If you don't buy a battery pack or your battery pack runs out of energy and you still want to play wirelessly then simply put 2 AA batteries. You can use rechargeable ones as well.

This is WAY more vertatile then the PS4 controller which ONLY has a battery pack built into the controller that has to be charged by plugging your controller in. The xbox one controller has that feature with the battery pack that you can buy.

PS4 already has inbuilt live streaming and recording... cannot do streaming/lets play with any nintendo shit... unless you wanna get sued.

Xbox One has the ability to Live Stream and Record as well.... Nintendo doesn't like free advertising unfortunately for them and the people who make money doing just that.

Forza .... its nice but GT is better imo. From a pure physics and vehicle selection standpoint. Forza has more artistic maps.

We'll never really know who has better physics. We've never driven a Lambo, so the chances of us knowing arn't too high. I'll dismiss that as a subjective issue. 

GT Does have a lot more cars, but a good number weren't good ones. Anyone remember the low quality cars found in GT5 & 6? I don't think it's the number that matters, but some people like the verity where as some people like the quality. 

I personally like Forza becuase of the customization and livery editor, i spent more time kitting out cars than actually racing. I feel like Forza allows you to do much more than just race. Which some people may find extremely awesome. But some people just want to race. 

Fable is a good point, but Fable will come to PC. So it is not exclusive at all.

Indeed it will, but it will technically still be a Microsoft exclusive, which imo has a lot more potential for MS.

halo is dead... they're just milkin it now. Like AC....

Ehhh, Yeah, I've heard this. Some people like it. Others hate it. I never really found Halo all that fun so i can't really say. But Yes, Halo 5 seems to be a missed opportunity. 

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but we have played these games already... very few games on any platform offers good replay value. 

It is very nice, Some people aren't willing to let go of their copies of Forza 4 or the like. It's one of those "It's a good feature that i won't use but it's there for those who do" type of thing. 

the Pro controller just adds basic features found in the PS4 controller :|

I don't think i quite understand where you're coming from... The normal controllers are pretty much the same imo with some intresting... Features here an there. But overall both are solid.

There really isn't anything like the Elite controller.

EDIT: 

It's true. I guess it can be a good thing for those who have a stash of AA batteries... But I agree that MS should move on from that and include the Play & Charge kit as a default option. It would be very nice.

That's fine, Some people do need/want the features of the controller because it can up their game to the next level.

MS has made a bundle that seems to be targeted to the Hardcore players, the Elite bundle includes the controller in all it's glory along with a 1TB Hybrid Drive Xbox One. Just in time for the holidays, As someone who want's a controller that goes above and beyond and a Xbox one, I'd definitely would be buying the Elite bundle. But it's $630 Canadian Dollars after Taxes... So... A normal Xbox One shall suffice for now.

Review of Xbox One Elite Controller

It gives plenty more features then the regular one or the PS4.

Halo isn't dead. Halo 5 has gotten 9/10 ratings and a lot of people are talking about how good of a game it is. Also, I've been playing Halo Online which is a alpha PC online Halo game that is a combination of Halo 3, odst, reach, and 4. I have so much fun playing it.

Is this really news?

FINALLY Someone who has some sense. Of course the head of the Xbox Games Marketing is going to say they have the best stuff that gamers are looking for.

nop

but their still wrong AF

Head of Xbox Marketing thinks you should get an Xbox One this holiday? NO WAAYYYYY!!!! He's not wrong. He thinks Xbox One offers the best exclusives and features. Compared to the PS4 and WiiU, it does have good exclusives and features. It all depends on what exclusives and features you are looking for which will decide which console to buy. He's not wrong but of course there are other good options as well.

Halo isn't dead. Halo 5 has gotten 9/10 ratings and a lot of people are talking about how good of a game it is. Also, I've been playing Halo Online which is a alpha PC online Halo game that is a combination of Halo 3, odst, reach, and 4. I have so much fun playing it.

Oh, that's nice to know. I guess long time players won't exactly be the best candidates for changes or the evolution of the game.

But now I do remember hearing good things about Halo 5 here and there.

cost and convenience. Consoles offer superb value vs their equivalent PC. 

Actually, if you're buying a console for games, you're buying a Wii U or 3ds.  I can get shooters and racing games on PC.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The ONLY game that I would get a Xbone for, would be Forza 6 & that's all

I don't know why this is causing such a stir and furthermore, I don't know why some of you are even bringing up PC. Even in the title, the term 'console' was specified. Microsoft is marketing their own machine as the best console for gaming - why wouldn't they? That's marketing for you.

It's a subjective issue, which will be addressed with subjective answers. IMO, the games on the xbone just appeal to me more. I like the controller more and I always saw XBL as the superior online service - PSN isn't even free anymore so even that's not a selling point. That of course is not to say PSN or the controller is bad, I'm just stating my feelings.

But once again.. subjective. It's stupid to give Microsoft crap for trying to sell their own product lol

Ps. Halo is not dead, I don't even know where that is coming from.

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

If I were to buy a current gen console (they don't deserve to be called next gen) It's be a Halo Box as that's what I grew up with pre-PC

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6