goodbye Catalyst Control Center, hello Radeon Sofware

Honestly, even though I don't particularly care for the metro look, anything is better than what we have right now. So I'll take it. 

I just really hope they offer it for Linux. I'm really tired of Linux being neglected. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I just really hope they offer it for Linux. I'm really tired of Linux being neglected. :(

Yeah, Linux CCC still use the 2006 version, i hope this new one will be port over to Linux since it's on QT and not .net.

radeon2.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad they're focusing on software side more. It looks nice I may say.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This looks like it will wipe the fucking floor with nvidia control panel. God nvidia's software is pure shit.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

For the first time in God knows how many years, these drivers were a huge PITA to get to work properly. It took a whole lot of tinkering to get my clocks to lower from 1200Mhz, there were very weird artifacting at full RGB color range, Radeon Settings outright not working, my monitor refusing to go over 60Hz and other problems.

Now after finally getting the drivers to play nice, everything's fine and dandy and there's some 3-10% improvement in some games, most notably UT4 where I can now run it at nearly 100% stable 120 FPS at 2560x1440, when previously it hovered in between 70-90.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling