Performance issue in Skyrim

Go to solution Solved by ashtaroth,

Youre not the only one mate! But then again I have one of the K enbs on quality present plus a crap ton of mods. Get about 40-45 in whiterun and about the same in riverwood, 65-85 open world depends on the action, 95-110 indoors, maxed out at 1440p. When on 3d vision shit hits the fan at 30 fps open world. 55-65 indoors.

Skyrim is a cpu intensive game. I think gpu as well? When i OCed my 4820k i had more or less 9 fps boost xD I think it helps the gpu a bit better.

Have you made any multithreaded ini tweaks yet?  Think the default settings were for dual core without HT.  There is usually mention of it in performance guides.

Have you made any multithreaded ini tweaks yet?  Think the default settings were for dual core without HT.  There is usually mention of it in performance guides.

It was the first thing I tried, but it caused some really weird gliches. Not worth at all, in my opinion. I already resigned to deal with the fps drops... I mean... Is not that bad. But thank you, anyway :).

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

This is what a wanted to know all along, there wasn't any need to turn this thread into a AMD vs Intel fanboy discussion.

Thanks, mate! I didn't imagine skyrim was such a crappy port, I'm kinda sad.

The thing is, it's still your FX-6300 falling behind.

I had an FX-8350 and GTX 780, at the same time I fell in love with modding Skyrim. I had to stop at a little more than 100 mods and upgrade my PC to continue playing because I'd get 15-20FPS in towns while getting a stable 60FPS in the outdoors, I had way too many extra NPC mods and city expansions to continue playing, it was too much of a load on a single thread for my FX-8350.

If Skyrim had been properly multithreaded it probably wouldn't be an issue anymore, but the problem is it's single threaded so unless you have an Intel processor, you're not going to be able to aim for very high frames or even very many mods.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

BS, it's their CPU. I have never seen anything under 60fps with 36 mods running.

I'm only running10 mods and I get drops down to 30

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I'm only running10 mods and I get drops down to 30

Then I really don't know what you guys are doing. I never drop like that. In fact my rig runs the same temps running Skyrim with 36 Nexus Mods and a handful of Workshop mods, as it does here on the forum. Room temp. I never saw drops running the 290. You're using Steam, right?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Then I really don't know what you guys are doing. I never drop like that. In fact my rig runs the same temps running Skyrim with 36 Nexus Mods and a handful of Workshop mods, as it does here on the forum. Room temp. I never saw drops running the 290. You're using Steam, right?

running a enb 4k textures and various other graphics overhauls

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

running a enb 4k textures and various other graphics overhauls

I have 4k everything, pretty sure my characters nuts are in 4k. I've spent 7 hours modding Skyrim, I kept track. I've tried to get it to fail, that's why I have 36 mods :lol: . Everyone was talking about Skyrim filling your Vram so I grabbed every high end mod I could find. I use just over 3g.

I have 4k everything, pretty sure my characters nuts are in 4k. I've spent 7 hours modding Skyrim, I kept track. I've tried to get it to fail, that's why I have 36 mods :lol: . Everyone was talking about Skyrim filling your Vram so I grabbed every high end mod I could find. I use just over 3g.

You're probably doing something wrong :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You're probably doing something wrong :lol:

I have given it great thought, something that does not come easy to me. I can run Skyrim the way I can because I can't run Fallout 3.

*in booming god voice* Todd Howard has spoken, and so it was done.

I have given it great thought, something that does not come easy to me. I can run Skyrim the way I can because I can't run Fallout 3.

*in booming god voice* Todd Howard has spoken, and so it was done.

Texture mods aren't the only vram filling mods. Get yourself an intensive enb, some dense grass and bigger trees. Oh and dyndolod if you want.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Texture mods aren't the only vram filling mods. Get yourself an intensive enb, some dense grass and bigger trees. Oh and dyndolod if you want.

Got it, I actually have trouble seeing the wildlife. I've been pounced by many a wolf I don't see until they're right on top of me. Some of the mods actually LOWERED my Vram usage because they were more efficient than the mod they replaced, even though they offered better textures. I even have Skyrim on my HDD, but I do have a Black. And everyone knows you don't go to another HDD after that.

Got it, I actually have trouble seeing the wildlife. I've been pounced by many a wolf I don't see until they're right on top of me. Some of the mods actually LOWERED my Vram usage because they were more efficient than the mod they replaced, even though they offered better textures. I even have Skyrim on my HDD, but I do have a Black. And everyone knows you don't go to another HDD after that.

And those mods were?

And those mods were?

Honestly lost track. I think I started with the bulk texture mod and replaced things as I went. That's where you spend a bulk of your time making changes. Doing bottles separate from food, separate from baskets, and so on. I can dig around in my mod manager later, if I find anything interesting I'll update.

Honestly lost track. I think I started with the bulk texture mod and replaced things as I went. That's where you spend a bulk of your time making changes. Doing bottles separate from food, separate from baskets, and so on. I can dig around in my mod manager later, if I find anything interesting I'll update.

Neh no matter. There those few mods that are more efficient than vanilla but I don't keep track of which. Anyway, how does your skyrim look like?

Neh no matter. There those few mods that are more efficient than vanilla but I don't keep track of which. Anyway, how does your skyrim look like?

Freaking epic. I probably have over 500hrs in the game and I got lost right outside of Whiterun. It's that big a change. And the attractive women are a nice touch. That's my biggest fear going into Fallout 4 is losing that, because Bethesda and attractive women are not to be mentioned in the same sentence without modding the sentence first.

Freaking epic. I probably have over 500hrs in the game and I got lost right outside of Whiterun. It's that big a change. And the attractive women are a nice touch. That's my biggest fear going into Fallout 4 is losing that, because Bethesda and attractive women are not to be mentioned in the same sentence without modding the sentence first.

Let me guess, you have a bulk load of characters and constantly post them on LL/nexus? ;)

Let me guess, you have a bulk load of characters and constantly post them on LL/nexus? ;)

Na, I have the one on PC. I've had to restart is a few time on account of the Deathstar not playing well with a weather mod. I actually keep forgetting to get a capture when I play, and now I'm playing Witcher again so haven't been back in a week.