Is that a safe HD 7950 Vapor-X overclock?

gilgha

Hi,

I recently bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X and this is my first time overclocking.

At first, I didn't want to adjust the core voltage in order to not damage the card.

I managed to get these results but I was a little bit disappointed: 1050/1575 @ 1.125v.

Since I've seen on many forums that many vapor-x cards overclock with a core voltage of 1.2v+ I tried again and I got these results: 1150/1575 @ 1.2v. I cannot push it further without starting to see artifacts.

So my question is: is that a safe DAILY overclock to run at ? Or should I rather push it back to the one I managed to get at stock core voltage (1.125v) ? I don't want to damage my card and I'm a little bit scared of running it at 1.2v on a daily bases.

I should also mention that I've used MSI Afterburner to tweak the card parameters, Heaven Benchmark to stress test it and max temperature was 64°C.

I think 1.2v is safe

Edit: That overclock is actually a really good overclock. It seems you got lucky with the silicon lottery.

1.2 V on thahiti cards is still safe, but I would not go much further.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

yes, i got a club 3d 7950 i can overclock everything to the max also on 1.2 volt

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Great :-D !

I've just finished playing Crysis 3 for 15min and everything looked stable but the max temperature was a little bit higher: 66°C.

Thanks for your quick replies :-).

Great :-D !

I've just finished playing Crysis 3 for 15min and everything looked stable but the max temperature was a little bit higher: 66°C.

Thanks for your quick replies :-).

lol the temp is ok. 66°C is XFX 7950 with stock voltage and clock haha. vaporx is awsum

My 7950 Vapor-X doesnt overclock for shizzle, am still yet to try the OC button though, that might get me a good OC.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

My 7950 Vapor-X doesnt overclock for shizzle, am still yet to try the OC button though, that might get me a good OC.

You'll get an overclock of 925/1250 with the OC button.

You'll get an overclock of 925/1250 with the OC button.

Says 950 on the box.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Says 950 on the box.

I know but mine only got to 925 with the Boost bios.