Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will a H90 fit on my Motherboard??? :>

So i'm looking to get a Corsair H90 for this motherboard but will it work? - http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboards/amdam3plus760gchipset/90-mibhh0-g0eay0gz.html

The main reason i'm asking is that i'm unsure how the backplate works and whether my motherboard can even have the backplate? It doesn't look like there are any holes on the back.....

Thanks for any help guys

Robbie

I'm an 18 year old Tech Lover and YouTuber from South England. Subscribe here - *Link removed* :D

If the cooler is compatible with AM3+, the it's compatible with this mobo. Simple as that.

If the cooler is compatible with AM3+, the it's compatible with this mobo. Simple as that.
Well it says AM3 not AM3+. Any difference?? =D

I'm an 18 year old Tech Lover and YouTuber from South England. Subscribe here - *Link removed* :D

Yes it will. the holes are covered by amd stock cooler mounting on the photos.

make sure your case will fit the 14cm rad

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

Yes it will. the holes are covered by amd stock cooler mounting on the photos.

make sure your case will fit the 14cm rad

Yeah thanks for clearing that up for me =D Yes i have a fractal design define mini and it has a 140mm slot on the top which is what i will be using for this =D Also with the H90 does the fan go in between the rad and case or does it go in front of the rad?

If you want it to push air through the rad, have it in front; if you want to pull air out though the rad, have it between the case and the rad. If you're only running 1 fan, i would have it in front of the rad. :)

If you want it to push air through the rad, have it in front; if you want to pull air out though the rad, have it between the case and the rad. If you're only running 1 fan, i would have it in front of the rad. :)
Yeah i thought that would be good =D Thanks!

So you know Push or Pull either way no no practicle difference in performance. and if you use pull your rad will be easier to clean. Thats what linus recomends.

So you know Push or Pull either way no no practicle difference in performance. and if you use pull your rad will be easier to clean. Thats what linus recomends.

It will fit on the motherboard, but make sure it fits in your case!

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -