[WCCF] ASUS Radeon R9 Nano "White Edition" Spotted

Decon

Source: http://wccftech.com/asus-radeon-r9-nano-white-edition-spotted/

The first non-refernce R9 Fury may have just been leaked:

oday we get to look at what is probably the first non-reference design of the Radeon R9 Nano. The design comes from the Add In Board Manufacturer ASUS and will feature a cool white shroud with a custom made PCB. The aesthetic of the cards have also been shifted from red to white-black. The output port configuration on the other hand will remain the same at 3 Display Ports and 1 HDMI.

Custom PCB?  That should be interesting.  I wonder how the Fury Nano cooler will handle overclocking with presumably better VRMs...

The report comes courtesy of ComputerBase.de and we get to take a cursory look at the product itself. The PCB used in this card is custom made, so the it won’t just be a pretty face. While not much else is known about the card, I am willing to bet that a higher quality power circuitry (with more phases) will be used as compared to the generic flavor. This will result in a longer life span and more overclocking potential. Not to mention that the short form factor monster can really pull off the cool and collected white aesthetic. The design of the shroud however, remains the same. I suspect AMD hasn’t been lenient on that count since if it had not been expressly forbidden, we should have seen a different cooler by now.

Apparently the card remains at stock clock speeds out of the box, despite the "custom PCB" 

Still, the default cooler should fare pretty well considering the SFF card features an advanced power throttling algorithm that is not present on the Fury X. This allows it to remain cool (and not overwhelm the modest heat dissipation equipment) while maintaining peak efficiency. It has a core clock of 1000 Mhz. The card rocks a 4096 bit wide bus and 4GB of HBM memory clocked at 500 Mhz. The recommended power supply unit of a system with this GPU is 600Watts (with support for one 8 Pin connector). We already know the card itself has a rated TDP of 175 Watts.

Pictures:R9-Nano-ASUS-White-Boxart-635x635.jpg

Hope this card leads the way for a potential non-refernce Fury X...  The high-end overclocking AMD market has really been lacking as board partners have so far not received approval on releasing non-reference versions of Fiji parts.  Fury X lightning anyone?  Maybe unlocked memory and a good VRM solution would lead to a true "TITAN killer" Fury X as AMD was hoping.

Also ASUS ARES IV with dual air-cooled fury nano needs to be a thing

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

that PCB is not white at all...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

that PCB is not white at all...

It doesn't say it is .-.

Just a white shroud. Even amd itself lets you customize it. The template is on their site.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just a white shroud. Even amd itself lets you customize it. The template is on their site.

Aparently asus has altered the underlying PCB as well, probably to shift 8pin to top

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Just letting you know, none of the fiji cards overclock for shit. Including the fury versions with super custom pcb and power deliver and awesome coolers.

Fiji just is an AWFUL overclocker.

That said. This card looks really nice. If I didn't think it will only go into ssff builds I would be really pleased.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

S E X Y

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That image looks like it could have been easily photoshopped enhanced with Adobe Photoshop software. I'm not saying that it definitely is, but I'll take this with a grain of salt for now.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Nice, could also make the PCB white though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just letting you know, none of the fiji cards overclock for shit. Including the fury versions with super custom pcb and power deliver and awesome coolers.

Fiji just is an AWFUL overclocker.

But the nano is clocked a lot lower. So with the beefed up power delivery you may be able to raise the power limits and TDP limits and overclock it to Fury-X performance.

Of course you could just buy a Fury-X instead...

Let's hope this doesn't mean the LEDs (if applicable) are blue now.

I fucking hate how anything white "has to" have fugly blue LEDs.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.