Are dead people among us?

Asulenovcer

well yes and im one of them, seriously my heart stopped for 27 seconds when i got food poisoning. so yes im pretty much undead. 

You're still alive and aware of your surroundings. You're not a dead man walking. Things that are undead are neither alive nor dead.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Once your brain dies, that's it, you're done, you don't come back.

Souls?, come on, we live in the 21st century, if anything, we are part of dead stars and that's a fact, we are made from the remnants of stars that died billions of years ago.

I know people who believe that the soul is what does all the work when thinking, remembering, etc. I asked them "What's the point of the brain if the soul does all the work?" I think they said that the brain acts as a receiver. Yes, the ability to do petaFLOPS worth of calculations and it's only a receiver. That's logical.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Look what I believe is that you people did not get what I really meant. Least most of you! It's my fault for not really addressing in a good way.

What I meant by "dead people among us" is that their souls are with us ,not their physical body. They can see us but we can't. They are like spectators. We living people are in the game. Spectators can only watch,right?

I don't know if I should share my story because I am sure that all of you are going to make fun of me and call me a 'caveman' since its year '2015' and we have become so advanced that we have conquered the universe....not just universe but multiverse! /s

Sigh...

Ok, what have you "witnessed"

What made you positive that there are dead people among us?

I would like to know.

Do you believe in 'true' dreams?

Look what I believe is that you people did not get what I really meant. Least most of you! It's my fault for not really addressing in a good way.

What I meant by "dead people among us" is that their souls are with us ,not their physical body. They can see us but we can't. They are like spectators. We living people are in the game. Spectators can only watch,right?

I don't know if I should share my story because I am sure that all of you are going to make fun of me and call me a 'caveman' since its year '2015' and we have become so advanced that we have conquered the universe....not just universe but multiverse! /s

Define "living." If they are aware and conscious of what's going on, that could be defined as being alive. Really, the only thing that changed is their form. Nothing else. Additionally, while your comment was sarcastic, we have not conquered the universe. We haven't even conquered Earth.

Define "living." If they are aware and conscious of what's going on, that could be defined as being alive. Really, the only thing that changed is their form. Nothing else. Additionally, while your comment was sarcastic, we have not conquered the universe. We haven't even conquered Earth.

Yes, they are not physically alive but they are spiritually alive. If I tell a story,would you make fun of me? Be honest because the story is of my father.

Yes, they are not physically alive but they are spiritually alive. If I tell a story,would you make fun of me? Be honest because the story is of my father.

If I make fun of you, I wouldn't be doing my job(moderator). You may tell the story, but I am highly skeptical of things like people seeing ghosts, demons, etc.

Stop being scared to tell a story.  If anyone makes fun of you... screw 'em.

*after I kinda poked fun earlier =/

:)

No, at least I will not. I will not criticize or ridicule another human being for what they believe in. But, I will, however, do my best to describe and explain what you are experiencing in a scientific way, because it's the only thing I know.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

If they are invisible to us I.E. light can penetrate them, then seeing is the last thing they will do.

If light penetrates them, then their eyes won't be able to catch light and they will be totally blind.

Also, we have no evidence to suggest that consciousness outside of the physical, so we have a lot of work to do before we can even begin to speculate about non-physical consciousness.

And please do share your story. It is the week up to Halloween after all.

Even if I don't believe in ghosts, I still enjoy a good ghost story. 

And no, I promise that I won't make fun of you and the mod team will most likely give me ample punishment if I do.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If I make fun of you, I wouldn't be doing my job(moderator). You may tell the story, but I am highly skeptical of things like people seeing ghosts, demons, etc.

Alright then.

First of all I didn't saw my father's soul standing right I front of me. A relative of mine had a dream that my father came and said to her that my mother had "pain in her joints and is sad,tell her that do not worry(my aunt) will be there to help her(in dream to the person having that dream). That relative lives in another city and we rarely have communications with her. Then she(my relative) next morning calls my mother and tells her about the dream and asks that if she had pain in her joints and have been sad.

I am sorry I can't really explain how to write because English isn't my native language. It's not just this,he have come in my dreams too and confronted me,after 1 week he died.

If they are invisible to us I.E. light can penetrate them, then seeing is the last thing they will do.

If light penetrates them, then their eyes won't be able to catch light and they will be totally blind.

Also, we have no evidence to suggest that consciousness outside of the physical, so we have a lot of work to do before we can even begin to speculate about non-physical consciousness.

And please do share your story. It is the week up to Halloween after all.

Even if I don't believe in ghosts, I still enjoy a good ghost story.

And no, I promise that I won't make fun of you and the mod team will most likely give me ample punishment if I do.

No, they do not have concept of time(what I believe) and they are totally not in the physical world. They are in another world. It's very hard for me to explain.

No, at least I will not. I will not criticize or ridicule another human being for what they believe in. But, I will, however, do my best to describe and explain what you are experiencing in a scientific way, because it's the only thing I know.

I would totally love to know.

No, they do not have concept of time(what I believe) and they are totally not in the physical world. They are in another world. It's very hard for me to explain.

Now I understand a belief in brain-to-brain communication... I actually toy with that.  What is this massive jump to the dead?

Now I understand a belief in brain-to-brain communication... I actually toy with that. What is this massive jump to the dead?

Because how is one human beefing is supposed to know bra out another human being when he does not even lives wit him?

Do you believe in 'true' dreams?

No

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not for most except for a few

1) Graveyard workers

2) Forensic Doctors and personnel doing autopsies

3) Funeral service workers.

Other than that it's not even a matter of superstition or faith: If the "dead" are among us by definition, they were never truly dead: they just changed forms to spirit or whatever that is. But dead means it's just finalized for good.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not for most except for a few

1) Graveyard workers

2) Forensic Doctors and personnel doing autopsies

3) Funeral service workers.

Other than that it's not even a matter of superstition or faith: If the "dead" are among us by definition, they were never truly dead: they just changed forms to spirit or whatever that is. But dead means it's just finalized for good.

I know. I am sorry I used "dead" word for describing.

I know. I am sorry I used "dead" word for describing.

Nah that's ok, I don't really mind I just thought it was a good in for my little joke there :D

-------

Current Rig

-------

Then I would have to ask: How does something exist without the concept of time?

Everything we know to exist, exists in time. If something exists for -0 seconds then it's the same to us as that thing being non-existent.

And how can the dead see us if they are in another world?

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this works.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Then I would have to ask: How does something exist without the concept of time?

Everything we know to exist, exists in time. If something exists for -0 seconds then it's the same to us as that thing being non-existent.

And how can the dead see us if they are in another world?

I'm not trying to be a dick here. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this works.

It is bit scientific and bit religious related. So I don't think we should start on it. But for what I believe,our world works with time,their world does not. You can not apply physics in another world just like you can put apply physics on Blackholes.

It is bit scientific and bit religious related. So I don't think we should start on it. But for what I believe,our world works with time,their world does not. You can not apply physics in another world just like you can put apply physics on Blackholes.

Black holes have physics. We just don't know what they are.

Because how is one human beefing is supposed to know bra out another human being when he does not even lives wit him?

Electro-magnetic fields?  :D