GTX 770 suddenly crashing

LukaP

I havent OCd the card or anything...

When i play CSGO, after about 10min it crashes like this. First i thougth it may be overheating, but then i tried Kombustor, and it crashed in the first 140 frames or so. The BSOD error says DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION...

12177892_1142497719111572_1397412563_n.j

Should I RMA? Its still under warranty...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Which GTX 770? EVGA? Asus? Please be a bit more specific :P You can try get afterburner and turn down any factory overclocks and if that still isn't stable turn up the voltage.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Which GTX 770? EVGA? Asus? Please be a bit more specific :P You can try get afterburner and turn down any factory overclocks and if that still isn't stable turn up the voltage.

Im pretty sure the manufacturer doesnt matter. Its Gainward. Also as i said, i havent overclocked, and there are no factory overclocks applied. Cant change the voltage at all anyway.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Is your CPU overclocked?

A very tiny bit, since its a locked motherboard. Completly stable. went through 24 hours of XBU

When i play CSGO, after about 10min it crashes like this. First i thougth it may be overheating, but then i tried Kombustor, and it crashed in the first 140 frames or so. The BSOD error says DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION...

RMA IT!  Is it the 4GB OR 2GB?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

It's dying. That's severe artifacting :/ - RMA.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

This sounds stupid but that's probably your problem

it's not connected  - CPUs can't cause artifacts :/

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

RMA IT!  Is it the 4GB OR 2GB?

2GB

This sounds stupid but that's probably your problem

OK ill try

It's dying. That's severe artifacting :/ - RMA.

RIP :'(

it's not connected  - CPUs can't cause artifacts :/

kombustor.. thats like card killer no?

Its MSI's take on FurMark...

This. Try it, Watchdog timed out is usually a CPU related error. If it fixes it, then good.

Ok will do :/

kombustor.. thats like card killer no?

NO.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just try to disable you CPU overlcock and  then downclock your card.

If it gets stable after downlclock I would RMA.

If it gets stable after disabling CPU OC it is not the GPUs fault. Why did you need to OC on a non-OC motherboard anyways. You are just going to cock you mosfets or gain so little you will never-ever notice.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Just try to disable you CPU overlcock and  then downclock your card.

If it gets stable after downlclock I would RMA.

If it gets stable after disabling CPU OC it is not the GPUs fault. Why did you need to OC on a non-OC motherboard anyways. You are just going to cock you mosfets or gain so little you will never-ever notice.

Its an old i5-750, i did it because fuck it ;)

Ok update, disabled the overclock, didnt help, BUT i managed to stop kombustor when it happened, and the system recovered with this error

post-51946-0-51203200-1445543381.jpg

ill try a driver update, though i fail to see how a working driver would suddenly not work

Didnt work, latest driver, same crash...

Try installing an older driver then. (Like the ones that came with your card, fixed a issue I had before)

Try installing an older driver then. (Like the ones that came with your card, fixed a issue I had before)

did. no help...

The ones that come with your card are usually stone-age version.

The first thing you do is update them as soon as everything is up and running. That is not a valid "tip" imho.

3.Use

12177892_1142497719111572_1397412563_n.j

Update Drivers, Test it . if same then RMA. I own a 770 and it never has done this. Although mine has produced some coil whine.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Out of curiosity what Manufacturer is yours from? Mine is a MSI.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),