Why I Think I should NOT use filters on my PC

So first off, I am using non pressure rated fans on fairly dense radiators in push-pull, and airflow through my case is not ideal. My temps are pretty good, but the VRMs and chipset run very hot. Everything else is watercooled and they run in the 60s max while gaming and that is with the ten fans running whisper quiet. But I notice quite a decrease in general airflow with the filters on! The top filter (which is an EXHAUST) has as much dust in it as the front INTAKE does. I do have two small fans on the only two other openings and they are pretty much balancing out the pressure. But I have noticed that the dust builds up pretty quick, and I might as well just air compressor the entire machine out every once in a while rather than the filters. Any comments on my thoughts?

This is my filtered EXHAUST after what, a month?

post-128204-0-99193800-1445463748_thumb.

think of it this way:

would you rather have that dust on the filter, or inside your PC?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Is your PC in a construction site...?  I have less dust after a year than you and I leave my windows open... Also, you might have negative pressure that sucks dust in from the side panels and other some such crevice.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Don't use filters on exhaust fans, that defeats the point of a PC filter. 

That isn't too bad for dust, but you are also using what I would think are fairly fine and thick filters, so you will inevitably collect more dust than others who may have different a kind of filter. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well I don't filter exhaust, intake I do but it really doesn't matter what you do something in your pc will need to be cleaned and it would be better if it was the filter rather than the cooler fins.

That being said the exhaust doesn't need filtering

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Don't use filters on exhaust fans, that defeats the point of a PC filter. 

Well I don't filter exhaust, intake I do but it really doesn't matter what you do something in your pc will need to be cleaned and it would be better if it was the filter rather than the cooler fins.

That being said the exhaust doesn't need filtering

The case comes this way.

I recently got called to clean out my brother's PC.  The front filter was so caked with dust it was literally a solid slab... the orange case fans were just a subtle glow against the now solid grey front panel.  Clearly no air was getting through because the whole rest of the machine was simply immaculate... weirdest thing I'd even seen...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The case comes this way.

Well that's dumb, I'd remove the filter if possible without destroying it.

Actually I'm sure some people use it as intake which is an ok reason to have it

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

think of it this way:

would you rather have that dust on the filter, or inside your PC?

considering that either way, I need to clean something, and not using the filters makes it run cooler, I am almost thinking that dust in the PC is better...

Well that's dumb, I'd remove the filter if possible without destroying it.

Its to keep debris from going through the top and landing on the PCB of something, probably. It is easy to remove the foam...

The case comes this way.

The designer doesn't know how you are going to use the case. Remove it, it doesn't look that difficult to do from your pictures. 

What case is it anyway? 

Its to keep debris from going through the top and landing on the PCB of something, probably. It is easy to remove the foam...

If you are worried about something falling in potentially wrecking components, you should most definitely move your computer to a safer spot. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The designer doesn't know how you are going to use the case. Remove it, it doesn't look that difficult to do from your pictures. 

What case is it anyway? 

If you are worried about something falling in potentially wrecking components, you should most definitely move your computer to a safer spot. 

Case is an ARC Mini R2. I absolutely love it. My PC is in a safe spot, on my desk where the carpet isnt. But the debris filter is something that someone else pointed out. I made a topic about why the heck the top was a filter anyway. but debris would have to go through the top mesh, the chassis, two layers of fans, and a radiator...

I recently got called to clean out my brother's PC.  The front filter was so caked with dust it was literally a solid slab... the orange case fans were just a subtle glow against the now solid grey front panel.  Clearly no air was getting through because the whole rest of the machine was simply immaculate... weirdest thing I'd even seen...

Can I have those dust filters? It sounds like you've gotten really good ones :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just buy the whole case and take them off the front :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You should have seen the ones on my cooler master cosmos case when I got it. Four years of cooling a core2quad at 5ghz with 2,000RPM fans running 24/7 and not ONCE cleaning it. HOLY BALLS I DIED WHEN I CLEANED THAT DAMN THING

You should have seen the ones on my cooler master cosmos case when I got it. Four years of cooling a core2quad at 5ghz with 2,000RPM fans running 24/7 and not ONCE cleaning it. HOLY BALLS I DIED WHEN I CLEANED THAT DAMN THING

"How'd you die?"

"Asphyxiation."

"How.?"

"Dust"

"Damn..." 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I use super fine mesh filters on all my intakes and exhausts for mine so I rarely see much dust inside, mainly the only reason for the exhaust to have dust filters is because to prevents stuff from falling in the top of the case.

I don't use any filters and I clean the system monthly, everything works fine, temps are great, noise is low. But my PC isn't really something in display, it's just tucked away in a black square case. If I had a windowed case and nice cables inside I wouldn't want to see dust in it.

I removed the foam filter on my front intake when I ripped it for cleaning... removing it required bending some metal tabs that would not go back in place after doing so (this is the main reason why I'm reluctant to buy from Aerocool again)...

Currently using a negative pressure setup in a dusty place... for some reason I haven't had the need to clean for the past 4 months aside from wiping down the case...

I like having a top filter since it stops a lot of dust from settling in the PC when I have it turned off. It's a must for me running a fan in the summer.

I don't have top filters on my case but can't you just cover them with cloth or something when turned off, then remove them when you're using it ?

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.