YouTube Red - the Premium YouTube service...

I use adblock.

I allow for ads on the channels I actually care about (Linus, Carey(Kinda a Special Case), Jay, Barnacules, Kyle, and Paul)

and the channels I know that still have a job, I let them live off their own income.

the terms changing just means that you need to accept the terms and conditions again, just like you did when you joined youtube

if you dont accept the term and conditions that means you basically cant use youtube for anything other than uploading private videos

this service just adds a feature, its not taking anything away from the regular youtube

I never "accepted" the new, current channel page layout and the change still happened, yet no bad effects have come.

I'll pay for it, I guess...

Sig under construction.

Youtube red sucks, 10 dollars every month? How about no? 10$ is waaaay too much in eastern european countries.

Google has become crazy.

Youtube red sucks, 10 dollars every month? How about no? 10$ is waaaay too much in eastern european countries.

Google has become crazy.

I'm guessing there will be regional pricing eventually.

And 10 dollars a month is NOT too expensive for ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who pays for a music streaming service.  They ALREADY pay 10 dollars a month in the US, and now they get ad free youtube for free.

But Sammael, I ALREADY had ad free youtube with an ad blocker.  Sure, but look at the scenarios.

Pay for apple music/spotify, run an ad blocker and you get a streaming music service and youtube with no ads for 10 dollars.

Pay for google music/youtube red and get a streaming music service and youtube with no ads for the same 10 dollars.

Same thing?  Yes and no.  In the first scenario, the youtube creator is not getting paid for the youtube ads, in the second scenario he is.  Option 2 is the ONLY ethical option if you are already paying for a music service and typically use an ad blocker to avoid ads because you pay the SAME money but this time people creating content can actually get revenue and paid from it aside from their inline ads.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

And 10 dollars a month is NOT too expensive for ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who pays for a music streaming service. They ALREADY pay 10 dollars a month in the US, and now they get ad free youtube for free.

But Sammael, I ALREADY had ad free youtube with an ad blocker. Sure, but look at the scenarios.

Pay for apple music/spotify, run an ad blocker and you get a streaming music service and youtube with no ads for 10 dollars.

Pay for google music/youtube red and get a streaming music service and youtube with no ads for the same 10 dollars.

Same thing? Yes and no. In the first scenario, the youtube creator is not getting paid for the youtube ads, in the second scenario he is. Option 2 is the ONLY ethical option if you are already paying for a music service and typically use an ad blocker to avoid ads because you pay the SAME money but this time people creating content can actually get revenue and paid from it aside from their inline ads.

I don't pay for anything. No money and no time for job. I bought some of my games, BF3(0$) BF4(50% discount) NFS HP 2010, Rivals and Payday2(steam summer sale), I have 20 games atleast.

And 10 dollars a month is NOT too expensive for ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who pays for a music streaming service.  They ALREADY pay 10 dollars a month in the US, and now they get ad free youtube for free.

But Sammael, I ALREADY had ad free youtube with an ad blocker.  Sure, but look at the scenarios.

Same thing?  Yes and no.  In the first scenario, the youtube creator is not getting paid for the youtube ads, in the second scenario he is.  Option 2 is the ONLY ethical option if you are already paying for a music service and typically use an ad blocker to avoid ads because you pay the SAME money but this time people creating content can actually get revenue and paid from it aside from their inline ads.

Where does it say that content creators are going to be paid any more money?

Where does it say that content creators are going to be paid any more money?

Nowhere.  It's an alternative revenue stream to ads though, so it will not take away the revenue directly from ads from people that don't use the service, but for those that do, it will add some subscription revenue that was not previously there.

I don't know the details, but my guess is that youtube creators will likely gain MORE revenue per user that pays for the subscription service compared to those that just use the free ad service.

We know spotify shells out a lot more money to artists from the paid service compared to just the ad supported format.  Video ads generate more revenue, but still, paying for something directly is a lot of revenue too.  I can't imagine a scenario where people paying for no ads will generate less revenue for the youtube creators on average.  And remember, some of the people paying for google music/youtube red already ALSO use an ad blocker.  So youtube is getting ZERO ad revenue from me currently on the desktop.  Now, since I'm already a subscriber to google music, some of the subscription revenue I am ALREADY paying and generating will go to the channels I am viewing.  That is money that was NOT THERE AT ALL before because the ads were not getting through to me at all.

Except the Linus ads, that is the open question.  While the youtube ads did not reach me, the linus ads sometimes did if I did not click past them in the links provided.  If Linus and co can continue to do some of that, this will be a total gravy train because they'd lose NOTHING but gain more revenue. IF they are forced to stop those in line ad spots then the lost revenue there might not be replaced by the added subscription revenue.  They probably get some revenue from having them in video, but I remember some off hand comments about the live portion of the show generating money because live viewers are so valued.

I don't know how it all shakes out, but you know who might?  Linus !!!!!!!!!!   I'm sure he will talk about this, even if he does not go into too much detail for not wanting to allow us to see how many lambos he can really afford but chooses not to to keep up appearances.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

YouTube announced YouTube Red which will let users watch any video on the site without ads and I was wondering if Adblock Plus will still work to block the ads on YouTube videos?

Probably not, considering ADP and Google are basically in bed together.

I love the idea of directly supporting content creators. But I don't like vessle, because I want to watch everything in one place.

If the content creators still get paid okay, then I am all for it! I already pay for the music subscription so if it's included in that, hell yay. 

Many people are commenting on the "no ad" part but I thinks it's more about the content they want to use as the "selling" point since they can get a direct "cut" from Google by joining this Red program rather than needing to build up subscribers, wait for youtube to notice, and yadi-yadiya they can just sell their stuff straight away.

I dunno it's just my thoughts and it's interesting for sure cuz Google looks like they want to swift all the general media consumption to an online platform and this would be their big step towards it. We need to wait for more details on this thig.

Currently I see no reason as to why I should take a sub for Red and feel like the special video's for it is just cheap bait to get people subbed using the fear that they are missing out on contect from there beloved YouTuber. I will be keeping an eye on it too see if it becomes interesting at some point in the future but they would have to do something special before I would be convinced it is worth my money.

NAY!!!!!!!

Cuz of adblock! :ph34r:

P.S - I unblock linustechtips and other channels... ;)

My $600 Rig - Intel-i3-3250 , XFX AMD Radon R7 260x , 430w 80+ PSU , Thermaltake Commander MS-I Case , WD BLACK 1TB HDD...  :D