Motherboard for i7 4770k ?

Go to solution Solved by applesuxD,

thanks you all guys for the opinions. I live in Argentina and these fucking providers are overcharging a LOT! for the electronic devices that are imported.

Also i know that $800 still is a lot just for a motherboard, but i don´t wanna to money be a problem for me on choosing for the motherboard.

Also i prefer stability rather than supreme overclock.

Again thanks you all guys for the opinions!.

I will see the asus z97 products

http://www.asus.com/latin/Motherboards/Intel-platform-Products/

What do you think about the asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1/usb 3.1 and the z97-pro wifi ac usb 3.1 ? Z97 Pro Wifi Ac Usb 3.1

I suggest z170 if the prices are the same

Go for z97 krait if u save alot

If all boards are the freaking same then jus go any good motherboard brand with your fav color coding

White-asus mark s

Black-asus sabertooth

Red-asus again

Blue-MSI

And so on

Gigabyte is good too

Hello Linus Tech Tips.

What Motherboard do you recomend for a good and stable overclock for the i7 4770k ?

Having in mind that i have the Corsair Hydro H100i GTX for the CPU, and that i have a budget of $800 dolars exclusive for the motherboard.

$800 dolars exclusive for the motherboard.

WHAT!?!?!

Unless you live in a remote location a motherboard should never cost that much.

Any Z87 or Z97 should do really maybe one of the gaming models from Gigabyte or msi, or an asus board - ->(z97 is better)

Edited by AresKrieger

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Hello Linus Tech Tips.

What Motherboard do you recomend for a good and stable overclock for the i7 4770k ?

Having in mind that i have the Corsair Hydro H100i GTX for the CPU, and that i have a budget of $800 dolars exclusive for the motherboard.

Asus Maximus VII hero , if you have that much to spend on just Mobo. it is an overkill for some but its worth spending money on this mobo if you need better stability and options for OC . moreover instead of using H100i ,build a better custom loop for CPU and you can do that with leftover money from mobo budget.

WHAT!?!?!

Unless you live in a remote location a motherboard should never cost that much.

A Mobo costing 800...then locations must be mars or moon atleast .lol

Hello Linus Tech Tips.

Love my MSI Z87 G45

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Love my MSI Z87 G45

he is talking about a D.C with alot of money for mobo ......so come on dude let him buy the better and new...

he is talking about a D.C with alot of money for mobo ......so come on dude let him buy the better and new...

You can easily OC on this board, very well I might add

for $800 he could buy a 5820 and x99 board + cooler

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.20 @ Mac Mall) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A MPOWER ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $773.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-21 15:28 EDT-0400

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

thanks you all guys for the opinions. I live in Argentina and these fucking providers are overcharging a LOT! for the electronic devices that are imported.

Also i know that $800 still is a lot just for a motherboard, but i don´t wanna to money be a problem for me on choosing for the motherboard.

What do you think about the asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1/usb 3.1 and the z97-pro wifi ac usb 3.1  ?

Z97 Pro Wifi Ac Usb 3.1

What do you think about the asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1/usb 3.1 and the z97-pro wifi ac usb 3.1 ? Z97 Pro Wifi Ac Usb 3.1

I suggest z170 if the prices are the same

Go for z97 krait if u save alot

If all boards are the freaking same then jus go any good motherboard brand with your fav color coding

White-asus mark s

Black-asus sabertooth

Red-asus again

Blue-MSI

And so on

Gigabyte is good too

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)