What's your opinion on the ASUS Z170 Deluxe motherboard?

Hi, Reece Leu

afterall did you buy z170 delux?

I'm going to build my new PC and i'm a big fan of asus so looking which motherboard (among asus) is the best. 

what's your opinion about delux version?

Hi, Reece Leu

afterall did you buy z170 delux?

I'm going to build my new PC and i'm a big fan of asus so looking which motherboard (among asus) is the best. 

what's your opinion about delux version?

Refer to this post of mine, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/453697-asus-z170-deluxe-faulty/#entry6567563

I'm about to create a thread about Z170 Deluxe issues here separately as well to let others know of it's issues before they purchase it. Albeit, most of those issues are with other boards as well such as slow boot time and what not but Gigabyte ones seems to be better than ASUS atm.

I can't vouch for any other ASUS board but if they cannot keep up with Z170 Deluxe which is their high end motherboard, I don't have much hope from their lower end or on par with it such as ROG Series boards anymore.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

It's awesome, but you probably don't need nearly as many features.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*