MCP 655-PWM Pump

fencingdude101

Not sure how many people know about this, because it's relatively new news, but have any of you seen the new MCP655-PWM pump? It looks so cool!

Swiftech partnered up with FrozenCPU to make a PWM version of the already great 655. I didn't see too many articles or reviews on it, so I wanted to see if anyone here has it/ knows about it. Here's a link: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17...e_Version.html

Also, the only review I've found: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/12/...ve-pump-review

So, what do you guys think? I may pick one up here soon...

Multidimensional Arrays

Interesting. Not sure if I would like to change the speed of the pump in a liquid cooled build. What difference would it make? It's not like these pumps make a lot of noise when mounted properly anyway.

Looks like I have candidate for my pump now.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I guess it depends on how you want to set up, as you can start to hear it at the highest setting. Maybe as the CPU/others heats up you can increase the pump rather than just the fans?

Not sure, but it seems a lot easier than using a screwdriver on the current 655.

Multidimensional Arrays

Looks like I have candidate for my pump now.
Don't forget you need to buy a pump top as well, it doesn't come with one stock

Multidimensional Arrays

I am not sure I want to leave it to my mobo to figure out what speed to run the pump. I like having the option to just set it to my own noise vs performance levels...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

It's defiantly cool, but i just leave mine on level 1 and don't think about it.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

The point is to stick it on a nice board so you can adjust it to temps or whatever. Or you could hook it up to a Corsair Link or other PWM controller, that'd be pretty cool. Not for everyone though.

Multidimensional Arrays

Again, I am not sure why you would want to adjust the speed of your pump. The speed of the water is irrelevant in a liquid cooled build unless it is severely low. Water doesn't get hot at each component because it should be moving fast enough that every time it moves around a loop it gets cooled by the radiators. If I was to build a system with one of these, I would opt for the model that has the RPM sender so I can get an alarm if the pump fails.

The problem with the RPM sensor on the MCP655-B is that it doesn't have speed adjustment. I don't want to listen to that thing all day when it's that loud. I guess this pump isn't necessarily meant to adjust the speed throughout the day (Which I agree with you, is pretty useless), but is meant to bridge the gap between the two 655's to allow monitoring and control(Mostly to make it silent) in one, easy package.

Multidimensional Arrays

The rpm sensor version doesn't make that much noise. Check out singularity computers. The guy uses the rpm sensor version on all of his builds and he says they are in audible. You just have to mount it right. I personally don't see the point of it but if there are people out there see it as what they need then what am I to say about it? I just have a different opinion then they do.

Yeah, all personal preference. For myself, I can hear the RPM sensor version quite well, and it get's pretty annoying. It's not because the pump is rattling or whatever because I didn't mount it right, it's just the pump is too "loud". I also under volt my fans and over rad so I can't even hear them. I'm sure the majority of people out there are like you and don't see the point, and that's fine, which is why they're keeping it pretty low key and have a relatively limited supply. Also, I watch singularity computers all the time. Great builds, there's still more I can learn from him.

Multidimensional Arrays

be careful Swiftech does not honor there warranty on any of the MCP655 pumps from Frozen CPU that are NOT the stock one or the ones that don't show up on the Swiftech website