Corsair PSUs are made by SeaSonic?

kaneandtaker

I've heard that Corsair PSUs are manufactured by SeaSonic. They are SeaSonic PSUs with the Corsair branding. Is this true?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

yes,i've heard it too!.. from the makers of seasonic,corsair psu's and GOD! :P  god uses those power supplies!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Yes. Corsair's higher quality units use SeaSonic as their OEM, but the lower quality ones are manufactured by someone else.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, most brands just simply design a PSU and a OEM like Seasonic will build the PSU to that design, however, some PSUs are just a pure rebrand of the OEMs design.

Yes, mostly the mid to high end ones.

Wrong

Yes. Corsair's higher quality units use SeaSonic as their OEM, but the lower quality ones are manufactured by someone else.

Wrong

Seasonic make most of Corsair's mid and lower end PSU's. Flextronics are responsible for the AXi's and Chicony are responsible for the high power TX's.

Seasonic make most of Corsair's mid and lower end PSU's. Flextronics are responsible for the AXi's and Chicony are responsible for the high power TX's.

I wouldn't say that unless they changed in 3 years from 2010: http://www.overclock.net/t/654983/on-corsair-psus

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Wrong

Wrong

What would we do without you windspeed? :D

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Wrong

Wrong

Don't they make the AX series but not the AXi series

In that same article you gave me, I got this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/psu-manufacturer-oem,2729-5.html

It states that Corsair's OEMs are SeaSonic and Channel Well.

You stated that Seasonic made Corsair's high end PSU's - the AXi's, which are actually made by Flextronics. 

HX is considered high end. But the list is outdated, so AXi is obviously not going to be listed, so I won't argue there. Even so, Channel Well according to the article make TX PSUs. Did they change at all in that time frame?

HX is considered high end. But the list is outdated, so AXi is obviously not going to be listed, so I won't argue there.

I wouldn't exactly consider a semi-modular PSU that uses yellow and red cabling high end but that's just me. 

I wouldn't exactly consider a semi-modular PSU that uses yellow and red cabling high end but that's just me. 

The HX units are still fantastic. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_hx1050/7.htm

ATM, Corsair only have three units made from Seasonic, or six if you want to count the TXv2 that still sold in stores (the TXv2 had been discontinued). That is the HX650v2 and AX760/860, which internally are SS G and X KM3 which I'd classify them more in the high-end segment.

VS, CX, GS, TX-650v3 / 650Mv2, and HX750+ are all made by Channel Well Tech.

The TXv3 / TXMv2 750 and above are made by Hipro. I'd classify everything TX and under basic, entry-level (VS) to mid-range (TX).

There are a RM line that's coming that is also will be build by Hipro

AX1200 and the entire AXi are made by Flextronic.

Corsair had been shifting away from using Seasonic.

Wrong

Wrong

Here is a good list in listing the manufacturer's of psus: http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If I'm not mistaken, isn't seasonic the only company that sells consumer PSUs that makes their own?

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

If I'm not mistaken, isn't seasonic the only company that sells consumer PSUs that makes their own?

FSP/SPI, Enermax / Lepa, Highpower, InWin (also known as Powerman as the OEM side of this industry), Super Flower (not in the NA though), Cougar / HEC, etc.

I wouldn't say that unless they changed in 3 years from 2010: http://www.overclock.net/t/654983/on-corsair-psus

They have channged

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial