Sabre vs F7C Hornet vs Gladiator -Star Citizen-

Vivilacqua1

So here's my problem, I think that all of these ships would be nice, but am wondering your opinion. Here are the pros and cons of each one based on my needs.

Sabre- Looks super nice, has two gimbaled weapon mounts, and two hardpoints at the nose. However this ship is not out yet, and I don't know if I like it. Based on the specs I do though.

F7C Hornet- Only has two lazer cannons, but still takes down enemies fast. However, these overheat massively. Flies great.

Gladiator- All four lazer cannons are gimbaled, and barely overheat. that is very nice. Can take down a lot of enemies very quickly. Has many torpedoes, which are good for larger targets. However this ship is super slow and cannot turn for anything. I think in the PU this would be a good ship. It's also kinda ugly and large.

Anything else I've missed, please tell me about as this will most likely be my first good ship. and I'm not filthy stink'n rich, soooo yah...

And I'm new at this whole thing, so thanks a lot for all your help.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

To the overheating issue, we may be getting a change the this with the change to module system and we can mess with the cooling systems

to the rest of it, not sure. I'm not a combat pilot.

All 3 ships are slightly different, so the "best" one will probably be catered to your individual flying style, though in the right hands each can excel i am sure.  
Basically, the main differences i can see that would impact your decision would be: 
Gladiator, pretty much a bomber and not much else, currently flies like a rock and has no dogfighting potential when gunned by one person with the turret being slaved. Though its missiles are/will be useful in the PU once available im sure. 
Hornet, you can equip two size 1 weapons on the nose of the base hornet once an attachment is put on as well, and it is an excellent dogfighter. Though it may not be super fast it has an arsenal and its pretty tanky. 
Sabre, meant to be a direct counter to the hornet/superhornet. Supposed to be agile, probably more like the Gladius than the Hornet, but with a vastly superior armament. 

Man, it all really depends on you because all of these ships are different. Id suggest the Hornet though, its tried and true and ive seen it wreck shit in AC moreso than a Gladiator. 
Sabre looks baller though, dont get me wrong... i almost traded my Warden for it. 

I chose hornet because I assume if you're looking at the sabre price range you're talking about a super hornet :P Sabres are sexy but Hornets are just a classic and the second seat and ball turret makes them more interesting to me (without knowing anything about how the Sabre actually flies or how the Hornet will actually end up ;))

I chose hornet because I assume if your looking at the sabre price range your talking about a super hornet :P Sabres are sexy but Hornets are just a classic and second seat and ball turret makes them more interesting to me (without knowing anything about how the Sabre actually flies or how the Hornet will actually end up ;))

Nah, talking about the normal hornet, although it's price is a very nice one compared to the other two.

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

One of the perks of getting the Sabre now is that you can CCU its LTI onto any 170+$ ship if you ever wanted to ;) 

Sabre or Nothing for me. Sabre will probably out perform the Civilian Hornet but it will be a bit more interesting against the Super Hornet, we'll just have to wait. No idea anout the gladiator never used it but looks pretty competitive with the hornet and sabre.

It sorta does come down to what you want to do in the verse :)

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

The thing is, is that I dont know what I want to do yet. Although do want to be able to reasonably protect myself wherever I go.

Sabre or Nothing for me. Sabre will probably out perform the Civilian Hornet but it will be a bit more interesting against the Super Hornet, we'll just have to wait. No idea anout the gladiator never used it but looks pretty competitive with the hornet and sabre.

It sorta does come down to what you want to do in the verse :)

Nah, talking about the normal hornet, although it's price is a very nice one compared to the other two.

Hmmm will have to change my vote then ;)

Never been a fan of the baseline hornet - honestly a gladius wipes the floor with it, even a mustang delta will give it a good run. The ball turret on the super hornet is a game changer for it, and gives it the firepower it needs to make up for its sluggish flight (it drifts like a rally car, has easily destroyable thrusters it feels like - especially lately, missiles seem to nuke all of them and put you into an uncontrollable spin), and is quite slow.

So, in a comparison, for me it's standard hornet < gladius < gladiator < sabre as solo dogfighters go. But that last ranking is an assumption that the sabre will act more as a super-gladius than super-hornet, comparatively.

A gladius with bigger shields, guns and keeping its s2 missiles? Yes please.

(it drifts like a rally car, has easily destroyable thrusters it feels like - especially lately, missiles seem to nuke all of them and put you into an uncontrollable spin)

Latest changes in the PTU seem to have fixed the hornet thrusters

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

The thing is, is that I dont know what I want to do yet. Although do want to be able to reasonably protect myself wherever I go.

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. Civilian hornet is cheaper and dependant on your loadout can be pretty lethal but the Gladiator and Sabre are more expensive but will more than likely be better at protection. Also the sabre comes with LTI for what that's worth

update on the saber/sabre it seems it's billed as a super stealth ship that puts the ghost to shame. to me this is a very cool draw, and I'm almost tempted to get one.

update on the saber/sabre it seems it's billed as a super stealth ship that puts the ghost to shame. to me this is a very cool draw, and I'm almost tempted to get one.

i read that too I think. BTW, I have more numbers, the Gladius got to about halfway through wave 9