Headphone Stand Design Contest Part 2

Congratulations to the winners. IS the stand mounted with screw or adhesive. If it is adhesive I may buy it

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Like I said on Vessell and Youtube Linus.
You went full retard, never go full retard.
You where supposed to be picking a winner that Silverstone was able to global with that had the perfect balance of aesthetics and performance. Your winner is horrible and you should feel bad.

Patrick Bauers design should have been the winner, your runner up however was an acceptable choice.

I really liked the winner. I don't mind bulky, and the last design really had in mind that there are people with really expensive headphones that need something to hold their stuff without worry of being too flimsy. A lot of the other designs were definitely nice, but most of them didn't seem like good enough wall mounts. However, and I am probably the only one who thinks it, but I felt like most of the other designs could have been killer desk stands (except, obviously, the more rounded stuff).

Good job everyone, the designs were great! And congrats to the winner and the runner up!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why not 2nd?

And

MUE4hd9.png

http://imgur.com/gallery/RqQToNc/new

Thanks I've been talking in this thread about the issue, I don't want a recount or anything i just want to know if i can have my model signed and shipped to me :).

I want to complete it and use it. here are the building instructions i made https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cyx2lVfH8okRnrwQgR1Mz1JI4PTWLhq4B9qGt7JZpC4/edit?usp=sharing

RqQToNc.png

What about people who only need a stand for 1 pair of headphones, not two? What about people with wireless headphones? What about people who don't unplug their headphones and don't need cable management? ... These are just some of the examples that make the winning design unpractical. And combined with the fact it looks horrible, it's un-buyable for me. Not to mention that a more simplistic and smaller stand will be easier to manufacture and most probably cheaper. Literally any other design of these would be better.

We've seen Linus' pile of headphones... I can see why this stand will be most practical for him, because he has like 50 pairs to store. Two at a time will be better. But most people don't have 50 pairs.

I agree with @stephen_flav (and many others who also said it) - this should've been decided by more people than just Linus. Even if it was just the people @ LMG. I'm really disappointed :/

I would love my 3D print sent to me Linus, I live in Canada and I am willing to pay for the shipping.

congrats :) i really want mine shipped 

Gotta say, I really feel Patrick B shoulda won, and that the chosen runner up was a great 2nd choice. I usually side with most of whatever Linus chooses, but I feel like the entire office shoulda judged on this one, or had a public vote to weigh in.

1st Gotta remember my minifactory did a lot of miss-prints of my 2 parts only 1 was printed.

2nd should not remove points for things like missing wall fasteners its a 3d print the point it's not supposed to be perfect

3rd WHAT DID YOU PICK?!?! That is so bulky and harsh in contrast to the silver stone

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

i dont even bother with a headphone stand i just keep mine on the table! :)

Can we just discuss how wrong Linus was in this video?  Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to follow linustechtips, but this "competition" was completely unfair.  Some comments from Youtube:

"Linus should have really considered the things he was judging these headphone stands on. I couldn't care less about cable management since I, like many other people, use wireless headphones. I also own a pair of sennheiser momentums but I don't care about cable management for those either. Linus, you should have discussed this decision with other people and actually scored them rather than picked the one you like on a whim. Matthew Vidal should have won."

"Really Linus? This should've DEFINITELY been decided by more than ONE PERSON, which is NEVER enough to make a product for everybody. Also most people don't unplug their headphones every time they take them off and I think you focused too much on cable management. My vote would've gone to Mathew Vidal's design at 9:37, with my runner up as Patrick Brouer's design at 4:09"

"Like I said on Vessell Linus. You went full retard, never go full retard. You where supposed to be picking a winner that Silverstone was able to global with that had the perfect balance of aesthetics and performance. Your winner is horrible and you should feel bad. Patrick Bauers design should have been the winner, your runner up however was an acceptable choice."

"It's kinda mean to send people (the ones picked out in the video) the winning design. They should get a manufactured version of their own design instead. It's like giving people a fake gold medal to remind them how close they were to getting the real one."

These are just a few. Linus, you should have at least discussed this with your employees or even had the community vote. That would be a MUCH better representation of what the COMMUNITY wants rather than just what YOU want.

It's also uncool to send the other contestants the winning model. At least send them their own if not nothing at all. Having the winning model would be a reminder that they lost and someone else won.

Linus, I hope you read this so you can see how wrong you are.

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

What I didn't like is how much Linus put into cable management. It's almost like he really only picked the one for him or people with a dozen pairs of headphones. People with one pair of headphones that are plugged in all the time and want a place to hang them when not in use don't really need to worry about that as much.

I had the same feeling about any headphone stand that folds up when not in use, even when it's not in use doesn't it need to be quickly ready to be in use? Maybe I'm crazy but I want to be able to take my headphones off and put them on the stand without any steps in between.

What I didn't like is how much Linus put into cable management. It's almost like he really only picked the one for him or people with a dozen pairs of headphones. People with one pair of headphones that are plugged in all the time and want a place to hang them when not in use don't really need to worry about that as much.

I had the same feeling about any headphone stand that folds up when not in use, even when it's not in use doesn't it need to be quickly ready to be in use? Maybe I'm crazy but I want to be able to take my headphones off and put them on the stand without any steps in between.

CM comes in  handy for people that don't always have their headphones plugged in. Patricks design is clean when using or not using the CM provided

I really want one of the elegant simple ones that are only for hanging a single pair of headphones on. I never unplug mine, so taking them off and hanging them on the wall next to my desk would have been perfect. Not too interested in the winning monstrosity TBH.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air