1,000,000 Citizens means no more Passes to Play

"Starting today, we are eliminating ‘Alpha Access’ and the $5 module passes. Anyone who has pledged for a Star Citizen Package can now play today without worrying they won’t have access to some portion of the ‘Verse in the future. No Star Marine pass, no Alpha 2.0 pass… no additional payment needed for any module in the works, pre-release. Going forward, should we need to put out some sort of limited release it will be done through the PTU test server. All backers will have access to any live release, the moment it publishes."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15007-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Good. As long as current pledges don't offer things exclusive to OB, I'm cool, as will be most of the RSI forums. I can still recall the hundreds of threads demanding they remove this very thing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Also nice:

in addition, I’d like to reward our earliest supporters who made it possible to get to this point. Everyone with an ‘alpha access’ package will be awarded 10,000 UEC; everyone who purchased an Arena Commander pass individually will be given 5,000 UEC (with the cap raising appropriately to allow this.)

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Good. As long as current pledges don't offer things exclusive to OB, I'm cool, as will be most of the RSI forums. I can still recall the hundreds of threads demanding they remove this very thing.

Well they listen to the community a lot

I was trying to figure out when they would allow beta access

Well they listen to the community a lot

I was trying to figure out when they would allow beta access

Aye, they do. Sometimes that isn't a good thing. I have seen the community freak out over something that isn't definite and stated to change with the following updates force the devs hands to stop other work just to make those changes at the moment. And if they didn't? A thread would pop up ranting about how his money was stolen from him, that he was going to refund or sue or that it was all a scam.

Sometimes I just wish they would remember they are the game creators...not us.

Also nice:

Sweet!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yay that extra 10K will get me enough for that Greycat PTV I had my eye on ;)

Space crab or MOAR WEAPONS!

Aye, they do. Sometimes that isn't a good thing. I have seen the community freak out over something that isn't definite and stated to change with the following updates force the devs hands to stop other work just to make those changes at the moment. And if they didn't? A thread would pop up ranting about how his money was stolen from him, that he was going to refund or sue or that it was all a scam.

Sometimes I just wish they would remember they are the game creators...not us.

Sweet!

Yeah I could name a few but.. This is the internet.

Space crab or MOAR WEAPONS!

Yeah I could name a few but.. This is the internet.

Hmmm I should have enough for that space crab too :)

Weapons I'm holding off on until we're further into development so I have a better idea of what I'm buying ;)

@rentaspoon

@Grrizz

Forget space crab in a tank, I want the blasted plushie!

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I want a crab plushie hat

Before or after your Vanduul Halloween costume?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

After my Banu Santa costume

This is why you should leave the study of non human cultures to the rest of us. Pffft, Banu follow the Rabbinical traditions with 8 days of tax free trading. You're thinking of Xi-an christmas with a Cronenberg that has a blue nose.

For shame....

Still new, but learning

This is why you should leave the study of non human cultures to the rest of us. Pffft, Banu follow the Rabbinical traditions with 8 days of tax free trading. You're thinking of Xi-an christmas with a Cronenberg that has a blue nose.

For shame....

Look the kids want a visit from a Banu Santa that's what they get!

Sure they'll be upset when they find out he's not real but at least they will be happy for now!

Anyone else looked at their UEC lately... looks like it was 10K UEC per alpha pass not just 10K UEC if you had an alpha pass... buying spree!!! :D

Am I the only one that got store credit instead of UEC?

@colt92 they updated the post, if you brought access you got store credit instead, if you had an alpha pack you got uec

I actually like that better. I prefer to invest those 5$ in the soon-ish Avenger upgrade.