Semi-Budget 1st Gaming build

Alright, so recently I've been looking at all the advantages of PC gaming and I've decided to make one. This will be my first build ever, and essentially this build is aiming for something that's not super pricey but can still play games at 1080p with High/Ultra settings with good Frame rates. (I classify 40+ good, not too picky. I don't need 120 or anything!) I've been watching plenty of videos and reading up reviews and info, and I've put together my plan. Here it is:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258

CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H (LGA 1150)

RAM: A-Data XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM (I'm also considering taking out an old HDD then buying an SSD instead of a new HDD)

GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Toxic OC edition

PSU: This is still undecided, I'll take any good grade 750W. Right now I'm looking at the EVGA Semi Modular 80+ Bronze.

Case: DIYPC Mirage D1-Y Mid ATX Tower

So there you have it! That's the part list I've put together. Let me know what you think about my part picking skills. More into specifics here, there is one thing I've been worrying about. It has to do with the GPU fitting properly in the case and on the motherboard. I'm pretty sure there is enough room but I don't want to be putting it together and realize that it doesn't fit. Also, would a second Toxic R9 280X fit in there Alright? I'm considering adding in a second one for crossfire later on, but I'm not sure with how thick the cards are if there would be enough space underneath for another in a proper PCI slot. Thanks for any feedback, and make sure to notify me of any other problems you see!

Seems like a pretty shite case. https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/105-source-210-case.html ?

Also isn't that CPU a bit out dated?

That CPU is in no way shape or form out-dated. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Seems like a pretty shite case. https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/105-source-210-case.html ?

Also isn't that CPU a bit out dated?

CPU is actually pretty new, its an anniversary edition which is unlocked. not the best but good budget cpu for overclocking and basic gaming

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

That CPU is in no way shape or form out-dated. 

I guess I don't really know much about Pentiums...

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

get z97 so you can oc

I was pretty sure that the G3258 could be overclocked on the H97 Chipset. I'm not sure about the specific board, but I've seen reviews that state "If you have a G3258 to put in this board, it should be great". I kind of assumed that meant it could overclock, as I also heard a lot of the G3258's potential comes from overclocking.

I guess I don't really know much about Pentiums...

And yeah, pretty sure it came out in 2014, so it's not too old. Btw holy shet, never expected responses this fast.

Games are moving in the direction of expecting four cores or at least the ability to run 4 threads (i3).  I don't think the Pentium is a good choice given where the market is headed.  H97 and i3 or Z97 and i5 are both better choices.  At this point the dual core Pentiums are something you have some fun with putting an overclock on and then pass on to someone who needs something just for basic productivity apps.  

Certain games already refuse to launch unless they see at least 2 cores/4 threads or 4 threads/4 cores.  Others launch but sutter.  If you go with the Pentium now, plan on buying an i5 soon.

I would honestly go for a FX-6300. I know, I know, AMD is pretty crap. But it will destroy the Pentium. Especially if you ever want to stream/record. In games that use more threads it is also a lot nicer.

Alright then. I did go over AMD's CPUs earlier yesterday, and it does seem that their lower-mid range stuff is a bit better than intel's. I was considering the 6300, as well as the Athlon X4 860K. I was also thinking FX 8300, but that's kind of sensitive to my budget. Guess I'll be looking for a New motherboard. I'll post an AMD modification to the build when I find parts I think are good. Recommendations, as always are also appreciated.