Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi just wondering I heard that skylake only supports up to 2133mhz ddr4 ram is this true and if so can I use xmp to get round this.

Thanks!

Hi just wondering I heard that skylake only supports up to 2133mhz ddr4 ram is this true and if so can I use xmp to get round this.

Thanks!

huh?

skylake is dd4 and ddr3

for ddr4 is like pc 3200 or something

for ddr3..I wouldn't do anything more then pc 1600

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

huh?

skylake is dd4 and ddr3

It only supports some very specific ddr3 memory though.

you are thinking ddr3L..but motherboard makers..got around that...the boards that are out support ddr3

huh?

skylake is dd4 and ddr3

all right just wondering cause on one of linus's videos he said skylake (i5 6600k and 6700k e.c.t) only support up to 2133mhz ram and I want onto their site and it seems to check out. I am just wondering would I have to use xmp profileing too tell it to go up to the rams actuall speed.

you are thinking ddr3L..but motherboard makers..got around that...the boards that are out support ddr3

this is the board I have in mind http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170mxgaming5 it supports ddr4 and has a 1151 chip (for skylake) and the cpu supports ddr4 I was just wondering If The chip (which can support ddr4) can support any more than 2133mhz ram ddr4 and can I use xmp profiling to get the ram up to it reccomended speed or does the cpu not support this.

this is the board I have in mind http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170mxgaming5 it supports ddr4 and has a 1151 chip (for skylake) and the cpu supports ddr4 I was just wondering If The chip (which can support ddr4) can support any more than 2133mhz ram ddr4 and can I use xmp profiling to get the ram up to it reccomended speed or does the cpu not support this.

4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR4 3466(O.C.) /3400(O.C.) /3333(O.C.) /3300(O.C.) /3200(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz memory modules
Support for ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

All ddr4 speeds is supported by skylake

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2