Heaven Society - Week 63 (Ghost in the Shell, FLCL, Gunsmith Cats)

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

This Week's Anime!

Ghost in the Shell
ZH62lwH.jpg

Synopsis
In the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as 'The Puppetmaster' begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
Read more at MAL

Links to Watch
Hulu

FLCL
6AaGlGy.jpg

Synopsis
Naota is a normal Japanese 6th grade boy (although a little cynical), but when his older brother leaves for America to play baseball, his brother leaves his homeless 17-year-old girlfriend Mamimi behind. Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota, and he doesn't know what to do about her. But to make matters worse, Naota's world is totally turned upside down when he is run over by a woman on a Vespa. During their first encounter, she hits him over the head with her bass guitar, which then causes a horn to grow out of his forehead. She calls herself "Haruko" and her presence changes Naota's life to even further insanity.
Read more at MAL

Links to Watch
Hulu

Gunsmith Cats
Pu0ELkm.jpg

Synopsis
Rally Vincent knows her weapons well, while her partner Minne May Hopkins loves to play with explosives. The pair run a gun-shop illegally and one day Bill Collins of the ATF, blackmails Rally and Minnie May into working for the ATF. Little do they know, that they are getting involved in a mission larger than they could imagine.
Read more at MAL

Links to Watch
Can't help with this one sadly but it can be found if you know where to look

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @ @Skybane @MeMe @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @JerkyMcDilerino @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

dude that is a bleeping awesome GITS pic!

My sister is watching The Matrix tomorrow in Sci-Fi lit and I told her to watch GitS. Now both of my sisters said no :(

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

You delivered~!

w24hFxw.jpg

That sword looks way to wide to be your standard katana....

3 of them this week?

Too bad I can't watch any of them legally. They aren't on netflix, Hulu is US only and I'm too lazy to actually try to find a working download link. (considering how old they are)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

That sword looks way to wide to be your standard katana....

assuming forced perspective the tip seems the correct size but the base should probably be thinner

dude that is a bleeping awesome GITS pic!

agreed

Canonically she doesn't use a katana.

P7qGC7m.jpg

So AK74u is standard then?

assuming forced perspective the tip seems the correct size but the base should probably be thinner

agreed

Unless it's not supposed to be a katana but still doesn't look right.

Have a bigger pic cause #PosterMakingTime

So AK74u is standard then?

Unless it's not supposed to be a katana but still doesn't look right.

Have a bigger pic cause #PosterMakingTime

It's canonically suppose to be something resembling a scimitar. 

A AK74u would be a really nice alternative however.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ghost in the Shell is nice but i got confused with all the arcs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ghost in the SHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It's not, it's a special designed scimitar.

well it doesnt look like a scimitar it looks like a fat katana lol

It's not, it's a special designed scimitar.

does not look like one in that pic

Ghost in the Shell is nice but i got confused with all the arcs

This is just for the original, you could probably add in teh second movie if you want too.

does not look like one in that pic

This is just for the original, you could probably add in teh second movie if you want too.

ya probably could I didn't since I tossed in two short ova series that are unrelated to it.

ya probably could I didn't since I tossed in two short ova series that are unrelated to it.

The tone's between the two movies are quite different but good.

@Charger @TheProfosist meh.. Fanart is fanart.

im just saying, im just saying

Indeed.

PilQDkt.jpg

The face feel too lightly drawn with the heavy perceived drawing weight of the lower half.

The face feel too lightly drawn with the heavy perceived drawing weight of the lower half.

Looks fine to me, she's just got tons of heavy gear. They are Tengu so it's not really a problem.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Looks fine to me, she's just got tons of heavy gear. They are Tengu so it's not really a problem.

just seems blocky and sketchy except the face. I dont really have a problem with that it seems like it is trying to get a more masculine look to the body and more feminine look to the face

Cant tengu fly? No wings?

just seems blocky and sketchy except the face. I dont really have a problem with that it seems like it is trying to get a more masculine look to the body and more feminine look to the face

Kinda what I was thinking.