2 Gamers, 1 CPU - Virtualized Gaming Build Log

No need to do anything special. We take care of all of that for you. Even with only one NIC and two VMs, you can both play online and against each other.

I'm not sure I was clear. Or maybe there is some confusion about what "LAN" or "online" means. I'm talking about a connection from one OS to another on the same tower with a two virtual interfaces that let it connect by emulating the protocols that would normally happen between two NICs.

And when using the single NIC, would the speed be limited to the rated speed of the NIC itself? Or halved?

60 fps for both or is dual core to little?

Depends on the resolution. If your running 1080p on both than no. your 980 is going to bottleneck (maybe 50-60 fps) With stuttering. And the 760 is staying at like (30-40)

And it also really depends on which quad core u got. If its like 3570k than its going to do good.(major Stuttering issues) 

If it is a 6700k than it should do, Ok  

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Depends on the resolution. If your running 1080p on both than no. your 980 is going to bottleneck (maybe 50-60 fps) With stuttering. And the 760 is staying at like (30-40)

And it also really depends on which quad core u got. If its like 3570k than its going to do good.(major Stuttering issues) 

If it is a 6700k than it should do, Ok  

I severely doubt you're going to have any issues, Battlefront is extremely well optimized. My buddy has an FX 4300 *might as well be a dual core* and a GTX 560 TI and plays it just fine on whatever settings.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Its kinda like running the game on two G3258. The 980 is going to be way overkill Causing some stuttering. So, i would say 1080p 50-60 fps with some fps dips during explosions. and the 760 is going to run 720p at 50-60fps with few stutters. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Its kinda like running the game on two G3258. The 980 is going to be way overkill Causing some stuttering. So, i would say 1080p 50-60 fps with some fps dips during explosions. and the 760 is going to run 720p at 50-60fps with few stutters. 

ok

I'm not sure I was clear. Or maybe there is some confusion about what "LAN" or "online" means. I'm talking about a connection from one OS to another on the same tower with a two virtual interfaces that let it connect by emulating the protocols that would normally happen between two NICs.

And when using the single NIC, would the speed be limited to the rated speed of the NIC itself? Or halved?

Yes, LAN or online work fine. Connection speed for LAN play won't be an issue at all. The speed of the connection is limited by the NIC itself.

Hello,

i got a PC, monitor and a TV, i got two sets of mouse and keyboard, and use the PC on either the TV, or the monitor.

Can i use the PC for two users at the same time in a way like dual-monitor setup would be used, but with one mouse+keyboard set for TV, and the second one for the monitor?

Biggest issue is if i can assign certain mouse+keyboard to work only in one app/game, while other to work only in another app/game/whatevs...

I guess there would have to be some program for that....

English is not my native language so i hope my question makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

That would be really cool and I think you could do that. Linus has a video on his channel that is similiar I haven't seen it so it may be exactly what you're asking.

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Oh, i find the video quite interesting (thx admin).

But i am afraid it's too complicated for me (kinda noob, my biggest accomplishment was to build a functioning PC), my PC is:

CPU: i5-4590

MB: MSI GAMING B85-G43

GPU: MSI GTX960

RAM: 16GB DDR3

SSD: 120GB

HDD: 1TB

So, does that mean, that in order to be able to play on monitor with one mouse+keyb, and have GF run FB on TV with another mouse+keyb, i have to purchase second set of SSD+HDD and format everything i got as well???

I know that what linus explains in the video is for somebody with budget multiple times than what i got... isn't there a simpler way? I really only need the ability to limit spheres of influence for mouses and keyboards...

That would be really cool and I think you could do that. Linus has a video on his channel that is similiar I haven't seen it so it may be exactly what you're asking.

Could anybody provide a link please? I searched, but couldn't find it...

Oh, i find the video quite interesting (thx admin).

But i am afraid it's too complicated for me (kinda noob, my biggest accomplishment was to build a functioning PC), my PC is:

CPU: i5-4590

MB: MSI GAMING B85-G43

GPU: MSI GTX960

RAM: 16GB DDR3

SSD: 120GB

HDD: 1TB

So, does that mean, that in order to be able to play on monitor with one mouse+keyb, and have GF run FB on TV with another mouse+keyb, i have to purchase second set of SSD+HDD and format everything i got as well???

I know that what linus explains in the video is for somebody with budget multiple times than what i got... isn't there a simpler way? I really only need the ability to limit spheres of influence for mouses and keyboards...

Could anybody provide a link please? I searched, but couldn't find it...

Oh sorry I geuss my edit didn't update

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

can i do this on a i5 4670k and GTX 980+GTX 760? my friend is coming over and im wondering if i can do this so we can play star wars battlefront at the same time. is it hard to do?

If you can set it up in an hour it won't be hard

sadly thats not how the world works, it'll be hard.

If you just follow the steps no, but if you do it yourself it is very hard.

It won't run very well do to you only having four cores, you'll want to dedicate at least one to running the OS and then you'll be left with three cores for two PC's. If you had a quad core with hyper threading you'd be fine, but you're kinda SOL.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

The consumer Intel processors (ie. i3, i5, i7) don't have the same virtualization as Xeon CPUs so you can split the CPU power but not the GPUs

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

The consumer Intel processors (ie. i3, i5, i7) don't have the same virtualization as Xeon CPUs so you can split the CPU power but not the GPUs

so it wouldn't work?

so it wouldn't work?

Well, you would have to use the iGPU on one of the Virtual Machines and I would doubt that would be very enjoyable

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Well, you would have to use the iGPU on one of the Virtual Machines and I would doubt that would be very enjoyable

so one would run on my GTX 980 and the 2nd on my intel hd 4600?

It won't run very well do to you only having four cores, you'll want to dedicate at least one to running the OS and then you'll be left with three cores for two PC's. If you had a quad core with hyper threading you'd be fine, but you're kinda SOL.

so i couldn't do 2 cores for 2 machines?

so one would run on my GTX 980 and the 2nd on my intel hd 4600?

Yes