Bioshock Crashed, now has notable graphical glitches

person99
Go to solution Solved by person99,

Another update! I have tried a combo of reduced color (8-bit) and windows 7 compatibility, and the video works perfect! Sound is still gone though, I should try xp again. 

XP compatibility did it! Currently at fort frolic. 

Running windows 10 and using hd graphics 4600 with the latest drivers. 

I have played bioshock for a few hours, and have ran it in compatibility mode for xp due to sound issues. Today, I left the game still for a couple of minutes, so the screen saver activated. For some odd reason, it didn't work ('windows could not load this screen saver' or something). When I moved the mouse, windows told me to sign back in, so I did. Upon reentering, I saw steam full screen, no taskbar. Nothing was responding whatsoever for a few minutes, so I turned off the computer forcefully (using a function key on my keyboard). Upon restarting, everything was fine, and all games BUT bioshock are fine. Bioshock gets severe artifacting of sorts, and changing graphical settings in compatibility mode now crashes the game. When not running compatibility, the sound no longer works, the artifacting is still there, and graphical settings can be changed without crashing the game. 

I'll get some screen shots soon.

EDIT: Also, I have tried:

Restarting the computer. 

Reinstalling bioshock entirely (kept the saves).

Different compatibility modes.

Flat out playing the game for a few minutes (looks horrible though).

Wait-wait-wait which Bioshock game are you trying to play..?

Wait-wait-wait which Bioshock game are you trying to play..?

First one. 

Another update! I have tried a combo of reduced color (8-bit) and windows 7 compatibility, and the video works perfect! Sound is still gone though, I should try xp again. 

XP compatibility did it! Currently at fort frolic.