Are you unhappy with your computer build?

I'm in sort of the same position as you concering the monitor. Owning a 24" atm at it's starting to feel small, was thinking about upgrading to a 27" .

Would you advise going to a 27" or would say skip it and go straight to 34" ?

I went from a 23" to a laptop (13.3") to the 27" and it was a huge difference that took a long time to adjust to. I'd say 27" is the perfect size and if you want bigger, don't look further. I want larger simply because games I'm playing would benefit from it (Elite: Dangerous is so much better on a larger screen for example, especially when running a HOTAS setup).

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

nope for the first time in a few years i'm actually quite happy with it. 

Of course i have upgrade ideas/plans but those wouldn't make the user experience that much better for me... (sleeved cables and more ssd space, already have 2x240 raid 0 and 200 for data and 1tb hdd)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Am I happy to have it? HELL YEA, I never had anything so powerful before!

Do I like it? NO, Its so damn loud I can't do anything with it...(because of that WD Blue :angry: )

I love my build! Managed to build a powerful pc for the price of a entry-mid pc (due to work and partner discounts at the time).

The one thing I regret is, since it was my first build in awhile, I went with a larger case than I really needed (R4). Currently have no plans to add another GPU or watercool so I have too much room to grow. Wish I would've planned better and went with a smaller mobo and case

Now I have a huge PC under my desk in a tiny office xD

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I only wish i'd taken an even smaller case. I started ATX, realized i'd never add anything other than a video card, so downsized to ITX and a bitfenix prodigy. 

I regret not getting a node 304

Wish i'd got a 1x8gb kit of ram instead of a 2x4. Would make upgrading it easier. 

CPU:X4 760k GPU:Gtx 960 4gb RAM:Hyperx Fury 2x4GB PSU:Evga 500w Mobo:Msi A78m-e35 Case:Nzxt s340 Storage: 120gb 840evo,  1TB Wd blue

Go ahead, quote me !

I've been more than amazingly disappointed in my motherboard.

I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 which was one of the very first boards to support both USB 3.0 and Sata 3 (6Gbps). But the board stability has been absolutely freaking terrible, so much so that I will never buy another gigabyte product. The board takes a good 35-40 seconds for it's post procedures (with all fast boot options turned on) before it even starts loading windows. If you fill all 6 DIMM slots, it can't run RAM at higher than 1333MHz, despite them advertising differently and using approved RAM for the board. The USB chipset is shoddy and half the ports aren't fully compatible with all devices. Wake On LAN support has always been shoddy. The board tends to crash on post a lot, especially if your are trying to access the BIOS for some reason. Heck, I even RMA'd the thing twice, and sat on support with them multiple hours to go over configurations, and even their support team couldn't get the stuff working. This is the only board I have had this many problems with in my 12 years or so of building computers. It was just a junk design.

I honestly can't wait to build a new workstation just so I can freaking trash this board.

Mine's probaby the worst in this thread.

Mostly because I was shoved into a shit situation when my laptop died and needed a quick solution with all my work damn near perished. I was also low on money at the time.

Fast forward today, aaaaaand it's still using most of the crappy parts I started out with. Only thing I changed was the aftermarket cooler for my cpu, the case, & the psu.

Not to mention my gpu died recently and I'm still waiting for cash to roll in so I can get a new one... only (recently) finding out it's not gonna work as well thanks to my budget CPU. So my rig's been sitting around being a massive paperweight.

This whole situation I keep getting myself into because of my damned pc, is starting to make me regret ever spending everything I have on it so far.

If this goes on, I might call it quits.

buying 750w PSU and not a 800 or a 850w, cause I cant buy a second of my gpu(standard OC) and still use 750w. I think, may be wrong

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

kinda, want the 3770k and some new fans, other than that I'm quite happy with my system.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

My system is okay-ish I need a new CPU and a CPU cooler. So I want to get the Xeon 1231v3 with the hyper 212 Evo. I know the CPU has a cooler with it, but is crap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I'm in sort of the same position as you concering the monitor. Owning a 24" atm at it's starting to feel small, was thinking about upgrading to a 27" .

Would you advise going to a 27" or would say skip it and go straight to 34" ?

On topic: Wish I had found this forum before I started my build.

Should've gone for an i5 instead of i7.

Regret buying a 128GB SSD instead of a 250GB, but at the time SSD's were expensive per GB unlike now.

Wish I had invested more in my GPU instead of trying to cut costs on the GPU part.

Plenty of people looking to trade a i5 for that i7 if you're serious.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Plenty of people looking to trade a i5 for that i7 if you're serious.

Why would I ever do that? :huh: Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with my cpu.

I just regret overspending on the cpu when it brings me no benefit whatsoever to gaming compared to an i5 which in turn was 140 euro cheaper than the i7 which I bought.

I could've spend the money resulting from this towards a better gpu or a bigger ssd at the time.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Why would I ever do that? :huh: Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with my cpu.

I just regret overspending on the cpu when it brings me no benefit whatsoever to gaming compared to an i5 which in turn was 140 euro cheaper than the i7 which I bought.

I could've spend the money resulting from this towards a better gpu or a bigger ssd at the time.

Then I'm confused. If you want the cash over a better CPU, trade with someone and get the cash back. but you have a point that you already bought the GPU so the extra cash won't help with that.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

My yellow GTX 760 hawk in a red and black color scheme. Love that Gpu

though!!

GPU: MSI GTX 760 HAWK,  CPU: intel 4690,   MB: MSI z97 Gamming 3,   RAM: Adata XPG 8GB (gold),   SSD: 120GB Samsung EVO 840,  HDD: WB Black 1TB,

PSU: Cougar CMX 700w,  Case: Fractal Design R4   

Other than the fact I'm still using the video card and few other parts out of my last build, I'm happy with it. It's about the cleanest looking and most well laid out build I've ever done. Once I replace all the old stuff, I'll be super happy with it.

hate all the cables

wish cables became invisable

It could always be better...

Looking into a new case, and gpu..

I'm fine with i5, I don't edit or render

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda, but atleast it's a mid-end PC- FX-4170 and a gt 640(gddr5). It's not the best but not the worst. Change of platform is gonna be around 2017-18, my old PC lasted 5-6 years before being changed to this one.

The old PC had 1GB Ram, celeron 430 and the igpu of g31, then it got an upgrade to a c2d e6300 and a 2gb ram stick, later a gt 210(gt 640 for a while but my 280X went bad so it went into my PC), 2 weeks ago yet another upgrade- E8400 C0 with stuck sensor. 1080p30fps youtube no problem

Nope I'm quite happy with it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

im happy wit it though that dosent mean ill leave it as is

in order (well roughly)

+8gb ram

+2TB HDD

swap my i5-4570 to an i7 k 

change my PSU for something bigger

+g1 970 for sli

+ 1440p ips 144hz gsync 27 inch

+water cool i7

+watercool GPUs

sell and start all over again!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yes i am... I did not do research before i got my motherboard, CPU and PSU

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง