Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are you unhappy with your computer build?

I spent a long time, and a lot of money on my computer to make it look cool while being somewhat functional. The whole rigid tubing an all. I completed the build in January 2015, but have never been satisfied with it. It looks awesome; however, it almost makes me sad in a sense. Here are a few things I plan on changing:

New UV LED strips instead of cheap cathodes. Ordered!

Wrap case in carbon fiber. Ordered!

Adding a third radiator to the rear exhaust. Ordered!

Using EK 90 degree angle fittings where bends are too tight. Ordered!

Replacing ALL fans with EK Vardars.

New PWM controller. Ordered!

Re-bend every tube in the system.

New UV coolant with Mayhem Perls mixed in. (Yes I know this is for shows only, but I'd like to see how long it will last.)

New revolver fittings.

Upgrading to X99 ASUS Deluxe.

Upgrading to a 5820K.

GeIL LED DDR4.

Temp probes. Ordered!

Custom sleeved cables. Ordered!

The bends look great, but there are small blemishes here and there which I couldn't fix since I was on a tight budget, and ran out of tubing. You can view the build on my profile.

Are you unhappy with your build for whatever reason?

blackshades on

i wish i got the i7. Feeling the need for hyper threading now as i do allot more editing and cad work than i initially thought i would be doing,

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Nope. I mean I wish I had a graphics card, but I'm really happy with my build.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wish I had gotten a binned 5960X instead of a binned 5820k, also I need new LEDS

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Very Very Very much so

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I agree with your entire first sentence and i consider my rig to be great, I've started to convince myself that i don't need any of the upgrades I want because I don't have a monitor worthy of the power and so on. Really got kinda disappointed cause i couldn't seem to really find kraken g10s anymore kinda wanted to slap an aio on my card. Let me also say I opted for the i5 and the Sabertooth mark 1 instead of i7 and Gigabyte z97-ud3...worst mistake. Though this setup has been flawless!

Fractal Design Define S | Asus X570 TUF Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | PNY 16gb 3200mhz ram | Zotac GTX 1070 |

EVGA 650GQ | 2x Micron M600 M.2 256Gb SSDs | Seagate Constellation 2Tb HDD| 2TB Samsung 860evo

I wish i had a new pc. as much as i love core 2 quad and lga775, this system isn't gonna cut it anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I just wish I had the funds for a whole new build. I've had my processor since 2012, I "upgraded" to a 7970- from a GTX 570 (in February.) The cooler is messed up, and a new cooler from Arctic Cooling would be $70 or more (but would it really be worth it??)

I want a new case, I NEED a new PSU, I want an SSD, I want a new everything.

Hey, at least I run Battlefront on high/ultra at 1080p 60 FPS just fine.

I want a new computer, but I don't need it.#firstworldprobs

I wish I had of gotten a better case and a better PSU! (Maybe I should have gotten a 285 or 280x instead of the 280.

Other than that, it is fine

Yeah, my cable management is crap. :<

Too lazy to open it up and fix everything.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970      | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I went from a planned 4k gaming rig that could run bf4 on ultra at greater than 60fps, to a stock Dell XPS 410 real fucking quick

Fuck my life

I have to do all this research to figure out what the fuck to do and figure out the limit to what I can upgrade, and the only advice i can seem to get from people is to punch holes in my computer and get a new mobo.

If I was able to start a new build I would have built my computer from the ground up in the first place

Shipping sucks

YES!!! *sighs* *cries in the corner*

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)  DDR4-3200

GPU:ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB Phantom Gaming D OC | Storage:Silicon Power A55 512 GB SSD |Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit)

Happiest.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Happiest.

151185240a558a64f1.jpg

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4

GPU:ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB Phantom Gaming D OC | Storage:Silicon Power A55 512 GB SSD |Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L

How far away is Adairsville from me? 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

How far away is Adairsville from me? 

About 45 mins.

Yes. My GPU won't cut it anymore. I also wish I researched my PSU a little bit more and went ATX

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

About 45 mins.

... Too far... I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

Yes. My GPU won't cut it anymore. I also wish I researched my PSU a little bit more and went ATX

Is that a rendering build? I'm just thinking based on the CPU, storage, and RAM amount.

Just the case. At the time I wanted a super gamer looking case, so I got the Thermaltake MK-I. I loved it for the longest time, and I still do to an extent, but I'd really like to get a cleaner looking case now.

COMIC SANS

Is that a rendering build? I'm just thinking based on the CPU, storage, and RAM amount.

I use it for everything. I really do like how fast it renders audio, which I do regularly.

I use it for everything. I really do like how fast it renders audio, which I do regularly.

I guessed that because of your dedicated soundcard.

Producing music or FX?

I guessed that because of your dedicated soundcard.

Producing music or FX?

Music