my electricity will be shut down for 8 hours.

Wiplive

hello, i have sad news. our apartment flat will be having electricity cut for 8 hours because they are changing something in electricity grid.

what can i do for 8 hours? i will have my laptop and my phone fully charged but constantly using them wouldnt be a good option. i will probably use my data from my phone a bit.

but what to do??? should i suicide?? halp!!!

p.s. this isn't a troll post my electricity is really going down for 8 hours. sad day.

hello, i have sad news. our apartment flat will be having electricity cut for 8 hours because they are changing something in electricity grid.

what can i do for 8 hours? i will have my laptop and my phone fully charged but constantly using them wouldnt be a good option. i will probably use my data from my phone a bit.

but what to do??? should i suicide?? halp!!!

p.s. this isn't a troll post my electricity is really going down for 8 hours. sad day.

If you are that electronics addicted, maybe you need a break.

A good nap would eat up a chunk of your outage. Sounds like a perfect excuse to catch some day sleep 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Get a piece of paper and a pencil and draw for a bit. Or start writing a book.

i hate drawing. i might play my guitar a bit though. and i suck at writing. i only like reading sciency things. not those creative books. like i liked steve jobs biography.

A good nap would eat up a chunk of your outage. Sounds like a perfect excuse to catch some day sleep 

the problem is i just woke up. i will have robotics lesson in about 5 hours though. but still 5 hours is a lot.

i hate drawing. i might play my guitar a bit though. and i suck at writing. i only like reading sciency things. not those creative books. like i liked steve jobs biography.

Hope it's acoustic ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

the problem is i just woke up. i will have robotics lesson in about 5 hours though. but still 5 hours is a lot.

go back to sleep. No one's judging you. Be lazy. 

Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone can slip into hibernation at any moment like I can 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

i might exaggerate on the suicide thing im not that retarded but living without electricity is weird. like how im going to make tea without electric kettle. and i dont want to sleep, i woke up 30 minutes ago. 

Read a book..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Read a book or something.
Or go to a family member's/friend's house if you really can't survive without electronics for only 8 hours... I survived for 2 weeks without internet, surely you can survive for 8 hours without charging your devices. A laptop should last at the very least 3 to 5 hours, more if it's an ultrabook. The phone should last double that. You'll survive.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

What robotics? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

yes im not that stupid.

Hey, you don't have to be stupid to forget things like that.  We get so accustomed to things like electricity and water being available 24/7 that we never stop to think of the things that run on them.  Every time there's an outage, I catch myself going to do something only to remember a second later that it won't work :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Exercise

Go for a walk

Drive to somewhere with power

rent  a hotel room 

go watch a movie with some friends 

muh specs 

All parts black

Hey, you don't have to be stupid to forget things like that.  We get so accustomed to things like electricity and water being available 24/7 that we never stop to think of the things that run on them.  Every time there's an outage, I catch myself going to do something only to remember a second later that it won't work :)

I always forget I don't have a gas stove and try to use it. Get stuff ready, get butane lighter, turn around, electric stove top. And it's never nice weather for grilling when power is out

My power goes out several times a year. I do have a generator though. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Yeah i'd second going out and maybe watch a movie with some friends, have a day out with family, get jammed into a book, heck maybe even go and find some scrap computers and put em together like i see some people do, maybe even start a hobby you've had at the back of your mind but was continuously too distracted from by electronics :3.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Here's another idea.  Unplug your computer before they shut it off and don't plug it back in until it's reconnected.  There might be literally zero harm in leaving it plugged in, but hey, you never know and since it takes all of 1 second to take it from an unknown risk to 0% chance, may as well since you know the outage is coming.

Read a book..

Read a book or something.

Or go to a family member's/friend's house if you really can't survive without electronics for only 8 hours... I survived for 2 weeks without internet, surely you can survive for 8 hours without charging your devices. A laptop should last at the very least 3 to 5 hours, more if it's an ultrabook. The phone should last double that. You'll survive.

Ok, good idea, might read a bit.

There's nothing stupid about playing an electric guitar without an amp. I do it all the time.

If you are really that worried being without electricity, maybe you should go visit a friend or go grab a cup of coffee(or tea) and grab your laptop with you. You could find a place where you can also charge your devices.

But there is nothing wrong being without a phone or a laptop for a couple of hours. I would even go as far to say that it is extremely healthy.

Yeah, I live in a small town, there are no starbucks or anything. well there's a small pizza place but it's 30 minutes away from my home walking, on the other side of the town.

What robotics? 

oh i'm building Arduino Linefollower atm for Robotics Championship. Yesterday designed the 3D print in SketchUp.

Exercise

Go for a walk

Drive to somewhere with power

rent  a hotel room 

go watch a movie with some friends 

yeah will do the first  2 things. i have no car. there are no hotels in my town, neither a movie theater. and the friend who doesn't go to school today lives in the same apartment flat as me so we might go together somewhere, maybe at pizza place.

Yeah i'd second going out and maybe watch a movie with some friends, have a day out with family, get jammed into a book, heck maybe even go and find some scrap computers and put em together like i see some people do, maybe even start a hobby you've had at the back of your mind but was continuously too distracted from by electronics :3.

yeah i live in a small town so we don't have any scrap computers to get or theater for movies. might go out with my friend to some pizza place because he lives in the same house i live so he doesnt have electricity too.

Ok, good idea, might read a bit.

Yeah, I live in a small town, there are no starbucks or anything. well there's a small pizza place but it's 30 minutes away from my home walking, on the other side of the town.

oh i'm building Arduino Linefollower atm for Robotics Championship. Yesterday designed the 3D print in SketchUp.

yeah will do the first  2 things. i have no car. there are no hotels in my town, neither a movie theater. and the friend who doesn't go to school today lives in the same apartment flat as me so we might go together somewhere, maybe at pizza place.

yeah i live in a small town so we don't have any scrap computers to get or theater for movies. might go out with my friend to some pizza place because he lives in the same house i live so he doesnt have electricity too.

Try a whole new pizza then :3, makes the 8 hour outage more memorable :D

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Try a whole new pizza then :3, makes the 8 hour outage more memorable :D

Should I go for a pizza or Kebab? I have never eaten a Kebab in my whole life, there is some new kebab cafe in my town opened few months ago but never go to eating there. dunno why. its probably because i never go out.

Should I go for a pizza or Kebab? I have never eaten a Kebab in my whole life, there is some new kebab cafe in my town opened few months ago but never go to eating there. dunno why. its probably because i never go out.

Kebab! :D go for it.

2 pages in off-topic and no FAP suggestion it's incredible.

fap to what? The ceiling fan? That's off? 

muh specs 

All parts black

Drink vodka to forget the most miserable 8 hours of your life.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.