GTX 760s modded bios issue?

I modded my GTX 760s bios so that I can run them at 1.212v instead of the 1.200v. So it worked and all, I was actually able to overclock much higher, but then I noticed my 2nd 760 was not reaching 1.212v. It was still at 1.2000v. I tried reflashing multiple times, but so far had no luck. I even extracted the bios from the 2nd card, and it showed the max should be 1.212v... Any idea? Thanks

blackshades on

I modded my GTX 760s bios so that I can run them at 1.212v instead of the 1.200v. So it worked and all, I was actually able to overclock much higher, but then I noticed my 2nd 760 was not reaching 1.212v. It was still at 1.2000v. I tried reflashing multiple times, but so far had no luck. I even extracted the bios from the 2nd card, and it showed the max should be 1.212v... Any idea? Thanks

Maybe it just doesn't want to go that high - maybe the VRMs simply can't do it.

Sig under construction.

Maybe it just doesn't want to go that high - maybe the VRMs simply can't do it.

I dunno... is such a thing possible? The VRMs not doing it?

I'm going to ask a real basic question... have you actually set the voltage to be 1.212v when overclocking on the second card? Or did you mod the base voltage of the P0 state to be 1.212v outright?

And if yes to both and it's still somehow at 1.200v, does it overclock properly? If yes, why are you trying to push the extra voltage?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I dunno... is such a thing possible? The VRMs not doing it?

I'm going to ask a real basic question... have you actually set the voltage to be 1.212v when overclocking on the second card? Or did you mod the base voltage of the P0 state to be 1.212v outright?

And if yes to both and it's still somehow at 1.200v, does it overclock properly? If yes, why are you trying to push the extra voltage?

Yes I did, and have tried multiple overclocking tools. 

I did not change P0; only P5, and P8 to 1.212v. The 2nd card running at 1.200v does not seem to overclock properly. The mhz isn't matching my first card running at 1.212v even though both cards are synchronized. I'm trying to push the voltage because I almost hit 1400Hz stable with the voltage bump, plus I'm on water.

blackshades on

Yes I did, and have tried multiple overclocking tools. 

I did not change P0; only P5, and P8 to 1.212v. The 2nd card running at 1.200v does not seem to overclock properly. The mhz isn't matching my first card running at 1.212v even though both cards are synchronized. I'm trying to push the voltage because I almost hit 1400Hz stable with the voltage bump, plus I'm on water.

P0 is performance. P5 and P8 are downclocked states, which means that adjusting them to be a constant, higher voltage is pointless. P0 is where you need to adjust. I am unaware as to why your primary card is doing it and your slave is not.

MHz mismatching might be due to turbo boost and those mismatched voltages. One possible method is to make your boost clock match your core clock and do away with boost entirely.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

P0 is performance. P5 and P8 are downclocked states, which means that adjusting them to be a constant, higher voltage is pointless. P0 is where you need to adjust. I am unaware as to why your primary card is doing it and your slave is not.

MHz mismatching might be due to turbo boost and those mismatched voltages. One possible method is to make your boost clock match your core clock and do away with boost entirely.

Are you sure P0 is performance? I'll give it a shot when I get home from work! Thanks for the help. Really want to push these things without hardware modding.

blackshades on

Are you sure P0 is performance? I'll give it a shot when I get home from work! Thanks for the help. Really want to push these things without hardware modding.

Open nVidia inspector and stress your GPU and look at its P state. P0 is definitely performance.

Open nVidia inspector and stress your GPU and look at its P state. P0 is definitely performance.

So I flashed my stock ROM and worked, but the exact same thing is happening! It's almost like I never even flashed the stock rom, but when I use GPU-Z to export the ROM, it's the stock one with zero changes. I'm really confused as to why this is happening. You're right by the way, P0. Thanks for the help by the way.

blackshades on

So I flashed my stock ROM and worked, but the exact same thing is happening! It's almost like I never even flashed the stock rom, but when I use GPU-Z to export the ROM, it's the stock one with zero changes. I'm really confused as to why this is happening. You're right by the way, P0. Thanks for the help by the way.

Well good luck with that I guess.