Samsung will pay your phone bill until 2016 if you buy a new Galaxy phone; switch from an iPhone and get more

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/26/buy-a-galaxy-and-samsung-will-pay-your-monthly-phone-payment-until-2016-come-from-an-iphone-and-get-more/

Source 2: http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/nopayments/

I would expect something like this to come from T-Mobile or Sprint, definitely not Samsung, but hey, I'm not complaining! Basically, if you upgrade to a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, or Note 5 through an installment plan on T-Mobile US, Sprint, Verizon, or US Cellular, Samsung will pay your phone bill until 2016. So you're essentially getting 3 months of free service. Now that's awesome. Extremely strange that AT&T isn't included in this promo though... Wonder why that is...

Anyways, if you switch to a new Galaxy phone from an iPhone, you're in luck! Because Samsung will gift you a $100 Google Play gift card. If Samsung really wanted to switch people away from iPhones, this is definitely one way to do it. They'll lose money in the short term, no doubt about that, but it could pay off drastically if enough people switch over. 

Screen-Shot-2015-09-26-at-9.00.53-AM.png

COMIC SANS

3 months is 60x3=120+100=230 only 230$ not that much...

still like 25% off the value of the phone assuming your smart and get it unlocked.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 months is 60x3=120+100=230 only 230$ not that much...

yeah, it's like not even enough to compensate for how awful the new galaxy phones are. They are SUCH bad value compared to iPhones. $300 wouldn't be enough. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

still like 25% off the value of the phone assuming your smart and get it unlocked.

Considering the state of the current US market, it's not that much...it's like $4k for two years for three lines.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

meh. I still don't trust samsung

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

meh. I still don't trust samsung

Yep, South Korean spies. Real dangerous.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Source 1: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/26/buy-a-galaxy-and-samsung-will-pay-your-monthly-phone-payment-until-2016-come-from-an-iphone-and-get-more/

Source 2: http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/nopayments/

I would expect something like this to come from T-Mobile or Sprint, definitely not Samsung, but hey, I'm not complaining! Basically, if you upgrade to a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, or Note 5 through an installment plan on T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or US Cellular, Samsung will pay your phone bill until 2016. So you're essentially getting 3 months of free service. Now that's awesome. Extremely strange that AT&T isn't included in this promo though... Wonder why that is...

Anyways, if you switch to a new Galaxy phone from an iPhone, you're in luck! Because Samsung will gift you a $100 Google Play gift card. If Samsung really wanted to switch people away from iPhones, this is definitely one way to do it. They'll lose money in the short term, no doubt about that, but it could pay off drastically if enough people switch over. 

Translation: give us your $400 iphone so we can give you $100 in not-real money.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Why didn't they do this when i switched from my Note 3 to 5 on Verizon....

With ATT not included....shouldn't it be Verizon as that's the most priciest for some people......

i guess im dangerous den :)

BRkjDbM_700wa_0.gif

That's not even korean, that's from a chinese movie.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

That's not even korean, that's from a chinese movie.

Actually it's from Kill Bill (part 2).  But at least the character (Pai Mei) was Chinese.

IMO that's not worth it. If you go through T Mobile US you pay full price for the phone and if they cover your phone bill they are covering your plan for 3 months then you have to pay the rest of the installments + your bill. No point in doing that the way I see it.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

IMO that's not worth it. If you go through T Mobile US you pay full price for the phone and if they cover your phone bill they are covering your plan for 3 months then you have to pay the rest of the installments + your bill. No point in doing that the way I see it.

waht? you pay full price for the phone, they cover the phone bill for 3 months, then you pay just your phone bill. Its like saving 200 dollars on the phone its a great deal

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

waht? you pay full price for the phone, they cover the phone bill for 3 months, then you pay just your phone bill. Its like saving 200 dollars on the phone its a great deal

No it's not.

T Mobile US installment plans are over the course of 24 months and that is worked into your bill.

So if you buy a 64 GB note 5 (it costs $779.99) from them that will amount to about 30 per month after a $99 down payment on the phone.

Meaning Samsung only covers 90 bucks of the actual phone price, so I view it as pointless.

Yes the 30 bucks would be worked into your phone bill I get that, but  I'm only saving 90 bucks of installment payments on the phone itself.

I'm only addressing the actual cost of the phone. It's just pointless to me. It only become worth it for iPhone users who get $100 of play store credit but then again.

For people like me who don't buy many apps it's even more pointless idk what I would even do with $100 of play store credit. I would probably use at most 15 bucks.

Will I say having my bill paid for 3 months is a bad thing hell no, but when you're looking at the cost of the phone.

It really isn't as good of a deal because you still pay for basically the whole thing anyway.

EDIT: It even says you get up to $120 bucks off the phone so basically the down payment is already that, then you got one $30 payment the next month. (I understand I picked the most expensive phone but it was just for the examples sake. The cheaper the phone the better the deal)

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

No it's not.

T Mobile US installment plans are over the course of 24 months and that is worked into your bill.

So if you buy a 64 GB note 5 (it costs $779.99) from them that will amount to about 30 per month after a $99 down payment on the phone.

Meaning Samsung only covers 90 bucks of the actual phone price, so I view it as pointless.

Yes the 30 bucks would be worked into your phone bill I get that, but  I'm only saving 90 bucks of installment payments on the phone itself.

I'm only addressing the actual cost of the phone. It's just pointless to me. It only become worth it for iPhone users who get $100 of play store credit but then again.

For people like me who don't buy many apps it's even more pointless idk what I would even do with $100 of play store credit. I would probably use at most 15 bucks.

Will I say having my bill paid for 3 months is a bad thing hell no, but when you're looking at the cost of the phone.

It really isn't as good of a deal because you still pay for basically the whole thing anyway.

EDIT: It even says you get up to $120 bucks off the phone so basically you the down payment is already that.

Ohh I pay 150 bucks a month so in 3 months it would have been 450 i thought it would cover it all

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Ohh I pay 150 bucks a month so in 3 months it would have been 450 i thought it would cover it all

The article glossed it up the Samsung website actually spells out the deal way better than the article does.

So the title of the Samsung page says "phone payments on us until 2016" then right below it says :

"Buy a Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ or Galaxy Note5 on an installment plan or lease and get a rebate of all monthly device payments up to $120 following valid online claim.*"

That's a bit confusing if you ask me. 

Spoiler

yeah, it's like not even enough to compensate for how awful the new galaxy phones are. They are SUCH bad value compared to iPhones. $300 wouldn't be enough. 

lolwat. 

The Galaxy S6 is great, it's one of the best Android phones this year.. The CPU/Camera/New memory is top notch, the screen is beautiful, and the fast charging allows me to charge my phone in ~30 mins. iPhones are the same price or even more expensive for a lesser phone, so it's the iPhone that's worse value.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Not bad but if they really wanna impress me, offer to pay any early termination fee instead.

If you're switching to T-Mobile or Sprint, then it's a 2-for-1.

COMIC SANS

lolwat. 

The Galaxy S6 is great, it's one of the best Android phones this year.. The CPU/Camera/New memory is top notch, the screen is beautiful, and the fast charging allows me to charge my phone in ~30 mins. iPhones are the same price or even more expensive for a lesser phone, so it's the iPhone that's worse value.

/s?

Spoiler