2015 13" Retina Macbook Pro Rattling when shaken?

Flight1sim

When I tilt or shake my laptop I hear some rattling/clonking noise either coming from the Battery or some plastic diffuser in the display. 

Should I go to the Apple Genius Bar and get the laptop replaced? 

Apparently all early 2015 Macbook Pro's suffer with this issue, but it's concerning me

Here's how it sounds, from this apple thread months ago: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6861318?start=30&tstart=0

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

it's probably a fan

It's not the fan, not coming from that area of the laptop at all, and the fan is actually screwed in while the battery isn't

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Easy solution. Don't shake it.

˙ǝɯᴉʇ ɹnoʎ ƃuᴉʇsɐʍ ǝɹɐ noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ƃuᴉʎɹʇ ǝɹɐ noʎ ɟI

It's not the fan, not coming from that area of the laptop at all, and the fan is actually screwed in while the battery isn't

"After much much reading, there appears to be a sheet of clear plastic which sits at the back of the display, and this looks thick enough to be making the noise we hear. It doesn't look glued down and is placed behind other thinner sheets of material behind the lcd.

Look at step 13 second picture:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+Retina+Display+Teardown/9493"

from the same thing OP

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Easy solution. Don't shake it.

I put it in my backpack every day for school, Idk about you but I don't move perfectly straight

"After much much reading, there appears to be a sheet of clear plastic which sits at the back of the display, and this looks thick enough to be making the noise we hear. It doesn't look glued down and is placed behind other thinner sheets of material behind the lcd.

Look at step 13 second picture:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+Retina+Display+Teardown/9493"

from the same thing OP

I know, that's where I got this idea

Sounds like the screen shaking back and fourth to me.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Sounds like the screen shaking back and fourth to me.

it isn't, I held the screen straight when I shook it and the noise stil happens

it isn't, I held the screen straight when I shook it and the noise stil happens

Probably that plastic sheet in the monitor then, everything else is all screwed/glued down pretty well. When it comes to actually damaging your device im sure its nothing to worry about, but i would probably still try and get it replaced with a different one because i know it would annoy the hell out of me having that knocking around.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |