Corsair H100I GTX Pump Failure

Jeet Chowdhury

Today when I am playing game on my system, My system powered off unexpectedly... It not start for about 5 minutes... Then when i start my PC i get a message CPU over temperature detected press F1 to setup. I goto BIOS i see the CPU temp is around 88 C. Then I open my case. The one pipe of pump motor is very hot. Another pipe is not... And the fans are not throwing hot air out from radiator as expected and the color of pump led is red. Then i change the H100I with stock intel fan temp is 45-50 C. It seems the motor is not working on H100i GTX it is just 1 month old. What cpuld be the problem?

what is the pump rpm

you plugged the pump power cable into the motherboard right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I plugged the pump to a molex converter because if i connect to motherboard pin i was getting knock knock sound sometimes... And i connected those two fans to the cpu and cpu opt connector. I don't use corsair link because that conflict with my asus ai suite 3.

The pump rpm was i set last time on performance mode then i removed corsair link cable.

what is the pump rpm

you plugged the pump power cable into the motherboard right?

And the pump was very hot that time also the one pipe was very hot. And pc not starting was getting over voltage error so i installed the stock fan. How to check the rpm?

And the pump was very hot that time also the one pipe was very hot. And pc not starting was getting over voltage error so i installed the stock fan. How to check the rpm? 

go into UEFI / BIOS

it shoud show CPU fan rpm, and if you plugged your pump in the right place then that is the pump rpm

why are you getting over voltage error? did you overclock something?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

go into UEFI / BIOS

it shoud show CPU fan rpm, and if you plugged your pump in the right place then that is the pump rpm

why are you getting over voltage error? did you overclock something?

The pump speed is n/a rpm. And I'm getting over temperature error not voltage. :-(

The pump speed is n/a rpm. And I'm getting over temperature error not voltage. :-(

if you listen to the pump can you hear any noise? or is it just completely silent?

Spoiler

if you listen to the pump can you hear any noise? or is it just completely silent?

There is very low sound kind of vibration.

There is very low sound kind of vibration.

well if you are saying that one tube is hot and the other is cold then the cooler is working...

the fans are working right?

have you unmounted/remounted the CPU waterblock at all?

did you use thermal paste?

Spoiler

Yes I use thermal paste. Arctic silver 5. Fan is working. But the radiator is not hot.

Yes I use thermal paste. Arctic silver 5. Fan is working. But the radiator is not hot.

one tube is VERY hot? Sounds like you may have a clog on one side, so the water on that side is just sitting there warming up? try shaking/moving the radiator around while the pump is on. 

Either the pump is not working at all, or the water is not circulating. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Ok i think need to do RMA. The radiator setup and cable management will take forever once again... :-(

It does sound like a faulty pump, the fact that one tube is hot and one is not, I don't think there's liquid circulation in that unit. Did you make sure that the 3pin connector from the pump is properly seated on one of the fan headers on your board? 

You can always request an Express RMA from our customer to avoid system downtime.