Can't even laugh at this laptop.. this...

Mikjul

Is some serious GPU grunt :o

My R9 390 is buried by a pissing laptop O.o

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Is some serious GPU grunt :o

My R9 390 is buried by a pissing laptop O.o

dw it's like $2000 or more :)

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Still doesn't change the fact that it's pointless.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

Anyone else not really care about this whole 980 thing? Yeah it's cool but you don't need a fucking 980 in a laptop. ORIGIN's 4790k is more understandable.

Because these billion/million dollar companies are going to spend massive amounts of R&D on a device that's pointless.

Totally.

Anyone else not really care about this whole 980 thing? Yeah it's cool but you don't need a fucking 980 in a laptop. ORIGIN's 4790k is more understandable.

You don't need a fucking 4790k in a laptop either. I don't see how that's any more understandable when it's not even paired with a desktop GPU in a gaming notebook.

Because these billion/million dollar companies are going to spend massive amounts of R&D on a device that's pointless.

Totally.

People are gonna buy is because

"OMG 980 IN A LAPTOP"

not because it's necessary.

You don't need a fucking 4790k in a laptop either. I don't see how that's any more understandable when it's not even paired with a desktop GPU in a gaming notebook.

If you're on holiday and you need to spurt out a video quick as you're a YouTuber with a routine, you're gonna like having a bit of oomph.

People are gonna buy is because

"OMG 980 IN A LAPTOP"

not because it's necessary.

My 980 isn't necessary, but I bought it because I wanted it.

My entire desktop isn't necessary, but I wanted it.

Same reasoning for 6700k over Haswell.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

If you're on holiday and you need to spurt out a video quick as you're a YouTuber with a routine, you're gonna like having a bit of oomph.

That's a minority of a minority. How is that any more understandable than a desktop GPU soldered into a laptop?

Totally.

Pointless as a consumer device for a vey long time since battery technology allows it a life of twenty minutes. But, please, don't let me stop you condescending.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

and I won't argue with that. I'm just saying in MY opinion a 980 in a laptop doesn't make much sense.

I have people lining up to get these right now for CAD and 3d work.

Just because you guys are middle of the road PC users that only play 3 games and think everything is pointless doesn't mean there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of people out there that this laptop suits their needs perfectly.. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

That's a minority of a minority. How is that any more understandable than a desktop GPU soldered into a laptop?

Because it actually has a use, whereas I fail to see the use of this.

Where do I sign up for a free one? 

by having people that'll watch your videos, making it profitable for the company in the long run.

I have people lining up to get these right now for CAD and 3d work.

Just because you guys are middle of the road PC users that only play 3 games and think everything is pointless doesn't mean there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of people out there that this laptop suits their needs perfectly.. 

980M still has 1536 CUDA cores

by having people that'll watch your videos, making it profitable for the company in the long run.

"Hey guys, Zany here with another Quad Titan setup. The first test wasn't quite up to snuff so I 'acquired' another set thanks to my pals over at Nvidia. I have to say, these GPU's run great but I'd love to compare them to a Quad 980 Ti setup or even a 6-way SLI in the future once the 1000 series comes out."

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Pointless as a consumer device for a vey long time since battery technology allows it a life of twenty minutes. But, please, don't let me stop you condescending.

What gamer with a high end laptop like that is going to play on the battery alone? What year is it again? Are we still on the whole "there's no point in it being a laptop if you gotta stay near an outlet" and the "well I don't see a use for it, therefore it's stupid" crap?*

*Guess we are.

Well apparently they have bad PR and project managers who know nothing about their target audiences. You should apply there.

What gamer with a high end laptop like that is going to play on the battery alone? What year is it again? Are we still on the whole "there's no point in it being a laptop if you gotta stay near an outlet" and the "well I don't see a use for it, therefore it's stupid" crap

Pointless =/= stupid. But why let facts get in the way of a good argument, right?

I have a 980M laptop that has an external GPU adapter - when I want to run it as a desktop, I can. But I want it to be a laptop. I want it to push games, and look awesome, but it needs to be price per performance for it to make sense. These 980 cards are what I'm assuming the buzz was about a possible 990m based on the cuda cores its pushing. The SLI version of this would be incredible if it didn't cost 4k easy based on what their mechanical keyboard models already run.

After going back to building desktops, I wont even think about buying another laptop for gaming after this one goes out in a few years. You're paying a premium for typically a NON upgradable piece of functionality. However, this does go to show just how good the architecture for Maxwell is, and how much we can push it in the near future. Pascal is going to be exciting.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

It's a neat piece of tech, but I would never ever buy one.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Pointless =/= stupid. But why let facts get in the way of a good argument, right?

The only "facts" that have been brought up by you and the other guy are:

Here, you merely deem the type of product "pointless".

Well done with those facts.

Here again, you point out an obvious flaw with literally every gaming laptop: battery life. Are you going to say all gaming laptops are pointless too? Why? You have yet to come up with a logical reason.

Instead, you in specific just want to comment on my condescending words instead of actually giving me these facts that you're talking about.

Here, he says a desktop CPU would be a more understandable config. Why? How in any way is that more understandable than having a desktop GPU in a laptop? Because a few Youtubers could use it? K.

Totally nothing wrong with that closed-minded logic.

and I won't argue with that. I'm just saying in MY opinion a 980 in a laptop doesn't make much sense.

And here, all he says is that it "doesn't make much sense". Doesn't say why. He's just going to hide behind the "it's just my opinion" retort more than likely, like everyone else who thinks of their opinion higher than everyone else's.

My point made, again.

Do we really need to go full circle with this? Do you not understand the bad logic you two have?

These posts tend to bring in a certain crowd

There is the "My pc only cost $500 so anything that's more than $500 is just a complete waste of money and pointless"

Also the "I'm so PCMASTERRACE that I only use towers, so having a GTX 980 in a laptop is just stupid!"

And the "Some guy on the internet says this laptop sucks, so it must suck for those people that can actually make use of it because if you're going to game you should totally get a tower because you know 3d modeling and mobile cad work totally doesn't exist."

Reasons why I can't stand most of the people on this forum lol

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide