Nvidia GTX 980 in a Laptop

what about sli ;)

Yeeeees, 4-way SLI. And an external PSU.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Yeah, but its still going to be priced much higher than desktop hardware and you cant re-use hardware, when something gets too old you'll have to replace the whole damn thing (certain parts can be switched), im sticking with desktop gaming ;)

It's still pointless with where battery technology is at.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

inb4 can it play crysis comments. 
but, what are heat outputs of this ? wasn't mentioned in the video , will it throttle underload? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Yeeeees, 4-way SLI. And an external PSU.

tower with a screen 

http://imgur.com/GglzFWJ

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Ok nvidia, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR FITTING ONE ON A LAPTOP AND NOT TWO ON A PCIE CARD? Where is out gtx 990?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here's the big thing- IF it's in any way swappable in the future with maybe itx or reference cards with some trickery. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It's still pointless with where battery technology is at.

Yes.  I have a GTX 980M and if you're not plugged into the wall you're either using nVidia Battery Boost tool to detune the 980M or just flipping over to the integrated Intel graphics since honestly they're better at saving power.  It's not even a battery life issue, it's an issue that the battery wattage just can't feed the card.  

SWEET

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

no thanks its probably overpriced like all gaming laptops, I'll stick to building desktops.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 |

OS Drive: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 SSD | Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB

I expected more than a 3 minutes video for a daily video.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I understand the embargo thingy, but...

I expected more than a 3 minutes video for a daily video.

yeah 3 mins and 43 secs of video is kinda dissapointing if you ask me, I understand they have to follow rules etc, but without outro/intro it's 3mins or less video, which is short even for things like techquickie, this just feels as quite a let down.

altiough I do know the video was done within a 48H time span, considering the tweets of luke and edzel(?) being in LA. This would be more like a bonus if you ask me, this would be a great unexpected, unannounced video release considering how short it is, but for the full vid? hmmm...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I figured this was what Linus was talking about on the WAN Show on Friday. Can't wait to see this in ASUS's watercooled laptop.

i rlly cant see the point of it, i mean, if you want to play on it you have to put it on a desk (because heat problems) and plug the charger (because battery), might as well buy a desktop.

Its must be heavy as fk. why not buy or build a dekstop (with half the money) and buy a tablet with keybord and you will save a lot of money.

I just cant see the use of it.

And you have to stick with a 60hz display...

i rlly cant see the point of it, i mean, if you want to play on it you have to put it on a desk (because heat problems) and plug the charger (because battery), might as well buy a desktop.

Its must be heavy as fk. why not buy or build a dekstop (with half the money) and buy a tablet with keybord and you will save a lot of money.

I just cant see the use of it.

And you have to stick with a 60hz display...

What about the person who has to stay in hotels a lot, maybe for business or is just a traveler, and is also a gamer? Speaking from personal experience, carrying a desktop and a monitor into a hotel room is time consuming and not enjoyable. 

This product isn't for your average consumer.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What about the person who has to stay in hotels a lot, maybe for business or is just a traveler, and is also a gamer? Speaking from personal experience, carrying a desktop and a monitor into a hotel room is time consuming and not enjoyable. 

This product isn't for your average consumer.

you are right, i guess there are some cases i could work...

idk if hotels have nice internet, but i guess i could suit you

So is this what was going to be the 990M? I'm sure I read somewhere they changed the name.

I think this is a major game-changer, if it can deliver real 980 performance. And if the price isn't crazy high (like 3000+)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

I heard something about this card not going to be available in an MXM version. Is this because of cooling, Is it true?

as great as this is, i dont imagine it is too useful as a laptop if I will likely be stuck on the charger during use