Bored of gaming?

Jeroen1322

Hi guys! 

I game allot but recently i get bored after 30 minutes and even with new games.

My friends all play Playstation but i don't have the money to buy a PS3.. or PS4 :P

Did this happen to one of you guys and how did you "Get over it"?

Thanks! :) 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

don't play any games for a week, you release which games you missed and develop a new love for them. 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Get visual boy, download pokemon. problem solved.

If you dont like pokemon, abandon hope

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I just take extended breaks from games, that's what i did when i played mmo's,

Well back in the days i would lose myself in gaming marathons and now i play little by little even though i buy new stuff time from time to it just to work on browsing internet, making something on photoshop and messing with slimmimg Windows 7 installations. 84 games on Steam and only about played 30 of it.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Built gaming PC.

played a few games, don't even play games anymore.

I will also never, ever, touch F2P or MMO games (Battlefield and the likes included.) Only thing I play regularly is Beat Hazard.

Error: 410

I actually almost just play for 30min :D sometimes im in the flow and game on some more or i play multiplayer games that take 1-2h a match (bf3).

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'm on a extended break for now. I'm just burned out of games for the moment. I rather read about technology and hardware architectures than play games at the moment. But I'm returning in full force later this year. Can't wait for Watch Dogs, BF4 and Witcher 3.

My recommendation for you is to simply take a long break. Not 1-2 weeks. But a month or more.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I been playing  Rift since Beta but when the game went FTP, my interest in the game started to go, and the last few weeks logging in for more then a hour at a time was hard.  So what do I do, started watching Buffy the Vampire slayer, watched all 7 seasons on Netflix and now am working through Angel (yes I know I should be watching both from Buffy season 4 onwards but I had to blitz through the Fin era as I hate him).

Am now playing a few games I bought on the Steam summer sale and enjoying the game playing again.

Cry Havoc!

Changing it up is a good start. play some greenlight games on steam and give good feedback. Get outside and play a sport. Study or learn something new. Watch all linus videos back to back including WAN show. Or research about 4 different AMD and Intel builds based on budget and size. 

Personally i find playing tennis outside helps me and i play FFVII on PC as i love the story line. Watch movies as well helps. Oh should say get a job and have kids then you get 15 mins to game if your lucky and then you cherish it.

Find like minded people who play games that you like on here and chat through razer comms. You get to meet different people and find out interesting things about life

I unerstand how you feel take a break for a while. I do that from time to time and then eventually I start to want to play something.

Just take a break, or try to rally up a group to play with in a coop game.  :D

Take a break.  Eventually you'll get the "itch".

Corsair 600T (White) | Asus P8 Z68-V Pro | i5 2500k @ 3.3 | Corsair H70 | EVGA GTX 580 SOC | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold

Built gaming PC.

played a few games, don't even play games anymore.

I will also never, ever, touch F2P or MMO games (Battlefield and the likes included.) Only thing I play regularly is Beat Hazard.

You wont play a free game?

wut?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You wont play a free game?

wut?

f2p model pretty much always sucks.

When I get bored of gaming, I just go play call of duty. Then I'll get mad and play something else. Haha.

I get bored sometimes, but if i get the urge to play a game, I'll get into it. The hard part is having the urge to get back into a game. 

I get more bored of games when I use the kb/m than with controller. I stopped playing skyrim at 30 hours when on kb/m but I started with a controller and I powered through 40 hours and Im still going. The controller console type experience immerses me into the game much more than the kb/m does

f2p model pretty much always sucks.

You said you would never play one, so how do you know?  you must have some unrealistic expectation when it comes to "free to play" games in that EVERYTHING should be 100% free but the devs need to make money some how after all the game may be free to play but it sure as hell wasn't free to make. Sure some games do it wrong but there are plenty of games that do it right and then there are some that sit right in the middle. Keeping the mentality that all F2P games have a crap model just means you're missing out on some good games, sure they have problems but name one buy to play game that doesn't. My advice, give them a try the worst that can happen is that you don't like the game and if that's what happens then all you'll be out of is the time you spend and the drive space until you delete it, no one can force you to spend any money on a game.

Give mmobomb.com a look.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You said you would never play one, so how do you know?  you must have some unrealistic expectation when it comes to "free to play" games in that EVERYTHING should be 100% free but the devs need to make money some how after all the game may be free to play but it sure as hell wasn't free to make. Sure some games do it wrong but there are plenty of games that do it right and then there are some that sit right in the middle. Keeping the mentality that all F2P games have a crap model just means you're missing out on some good games, sure they have problems but name one buy to play game that doesn't. My advice, give them a try the worst that can happen is that you don't like the game and if that's what happens then all you'll be out of is the time you spend and the drive space until you delete it, no one can force you to spend any money on a game.

Give mmobomb.com a look.

I have tried multiple F2P and would rather sit out on them now. I should have avoided an absolute and will make concessions that there are a few gems out there like Blacklight, but a lot of them will have some pretty terrible communities (League of Legends, possibly Dota 2 by extension) due to absolutely no barriers of entry and no ways to enforce bans. The indirect results of F2P model are usually what drive me away. I've become weary of grinding, how badly some cash shop systems can screw a game, and the player base.

Three of my favorite games were MMO, two being ruined by ludicrous cash premiums and the third with not enough of them. A runner up that I got bored of after getting to ~75 that seems to also be able to pull it off is Path of Exile.

I would probably be open to something revolutionary, but something from Korea with the stigmas derived from their collective I would not so much as touch with a remote bomb disposal robot.

I pace myself. Barely get to play due to school and work, so it works for me. I do desperately want to play games, but I don't play for more than 2-3 hours at a time to avoid burning myself out.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Maybe you're playing the wrong genre, or wrong games. Fine different ones that suite you better, or maybe gaming isn't your thing :o

(500th Post)

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I honestly have the same thing a lot. There are a small selection of games that I will literally never get tired of but then when I go ahead and play a newer title I just get bored out of my mind. Maybe it's just new games aren't as good!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Just go play a load of older titles or games you haven't played in a while. I took a 2 year break from playing a Fallout game and when I came back I couldn't stop playing for nearly a year. I have a nostalgic feeling when it comes to the Fallout games but they are my favorite games of all time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard