Upcoming Video Editing/Gaming Machine - Advice?

FlamingDefibs

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($343.99 @ B&H) 

Total: $910.92

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-20 15:01 EDT-0400

This is what I have planned for a video editing/gaming machine. All of the parts not listed are already accounted for, except for the motherboard, which is what I need help choosing.

I need it to be in about the ~$250 range, with good overclocking support as a main feature. It needs to support up to DDR4 32 GB 2133 Mhz RAM and be X99.

These are some of the options I've been looking at:

Any suggestions?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

um.....

your first one has no mobo or psu 

I already have a suitable PSU, I just need help deciding on a motherboard.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Get the MSI one.  It matches the purty colors!

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I already have a suitable PSU, I just need help deciding on a motherboard.

yea i read that after i posted, xD

i edited.

What's your overall budget? for just the computer.

About $1300. That just includes what I've listed so far and a motherboard. I have everything else I need, making the target cost for the motherboard $250.

32GB of RAM?

oh-vehr-kihl

It is for video editing.

Do you already have the components listed?

No, nothing has been ordered yet.

Are you going to be editing full-scale 22.1 movie-theater surround sound 4K movies? You don't need 32GB for that. I edit with 16GB on some pretty serious programs. You want to know it's peak load? 14.4GB is my max. Ever.

I constantly peak at my current 16 GB if I allocate around 4 GB to programs other than the Adobe suite. It's not essential of course, so I'm willing to change it, but I'm mostly asking about motherboards.

Edit: Okay, perhaps it is best to just save the money. I'll update the OP.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KQnjrH

If I had 1400$ and I had to edit and game, this is what I'd do.

Well, since I already have the components not originally listed, I'd like to spend the money saved from that on the motherboard. That's why I ask specifically about ~$250 boards, if you have a suggestion about those.