Konami Assures AAA Development is not on Hold, Confirms Rumours were just lies.

TwistedDictator

konami-g2e-2011.0.0.png

The past few days, rumours have been going around that Konami was putting all AAA development on hold. This was started from a French site which claimed that their “sources” the reason that technology director Julien Merceron left was due to that Konami had no plans to continue developing triple-A games besides Pro Evolution Soccer.

Recently Su-Yina Farmer, community manager at Konami Europe, took to Twitter yesterday to voice her thoughts, saying “I hope re-purposing speculation and rumour as news, isn’t the new standard”

With that a user on Reddit opened a support ticket and inquired about the future of both Metal Gear Solid and the future of the Fox Engine. The full response can be found here, but what follows is the main point.

“I can promise you that we’re definitely not leaving Metal Gear behind or anything like that. I know some blogs were claiming that online this morning, but I’m not really sure where they’d be getting that from.

We’re still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest.”

Source

In short, the rumor was just a fake that came from a french website that claimed their sources said Konami will stop all AAA titles. They will continue to develop AAA titles.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

K then, it got a lot more attention than most rumors get... Anyway at least there is hope for DDR :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

They should stop, imo after trying one of their games :P Gameplay was ok-ish, however, when i buy a game thats not an anime game, i dont want anime shit in it :P

LOL Knee jerk reactions... But then again, konami is eh...

They have great music games though...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

LEAVE METAL GEAR ALONE!

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

knew it

happens a few times a year and it gets annoying

xxxx will stop doing yyyy

few days later it turns out it isnt true

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Still rather disheartened that they had to kill any chance of Silent Hill getting another chance in the sunlight......and that was five months ago.

What hurts me more, though, is the fact they had the gall to make a pachinko machine of Silent Hill. WHICH MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO FRICKIN' SENSE.

IT'S NOT A FRANCHISE THAT'S POPULAR IN JAPAN. IT DOESN'T WORK AS A PACHINKO MACHINE. They took one of the most intelligent and most revered horror franchises, and turned it into a pile of horseshit, because Konami has no concept of legacy. Contra, Castlevania, Silent Hill......they're sleeping with the fishes now, having drowned in Konami's own greed because they wanted money from franchises that were overdue for retirement yet they wanted to suck it dry, like the guy desperate to get every last drop of Nutella out of the jar.

And while that happens, lesser known franchises like Zone of the Enders and Suikoden don't get a look in because if it doesn't make them buttloads of money, they don't give a shit. It disgusts me how big name publishers work sometimes......this is why I intend to go independent in the gaming industry, because I hate the idea of companies like Konami being the people who potentially ruin great properties. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't care if Konami's main investment isn't even the gaming industry. It's all well and good saying they're a driving force for gambling legislation in Japan, and it's all well and good saying they own a lot of leisure and gym facilities across the country, but what good is that information when they're internationally renowned for their groundbreaking achievements in the gaming industry?

Franchises like Metal Gear and Castlevania didn't arise because they put them in pachinko parlours; it was because they put them on computers and consoles that people had. It was the start of the Konami we all know and love...and this is the fall of it.

I don't thank Konami for staying in the AAA field - I fear it. I fear they're going to ruin other franchises now, given how they have basically nothing else now.

I apologise for this wall of text, but I cannot voice my discontent any other way than with these choice words.

Konami......don't - for the love of everything under the sun - keep on like this. It will be the end of you as a company in the gaming industry.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

konami wont see any sales from me until they change their policy with employees and apologize to koijima

this will never happen. clearly, this company is ran by people with egos the size of godzilla (amirite?) Konami will go under or get a new CEO before they "apologize to Kojima" lol

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

k. I never particularly cared about thir games anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Since when are pachinko machines considered AAA?

And given Konami's recent past, I highly doubt that they will come back to their former glory. It's only a matter of time until they drown in the hole of shit they dug themself into.

That said: #FucKonami

Knoami is Konami, and Konami is shit. Lets be honest, no one would be surprised if they did cancel AAA development with all of their pachinko machines.

Edit: Pull the lever!

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Here's the catch, the community manager meant AAA mobile titles. I'm joking about that, but this still doesn't fully explain why PT/Silent Hill was removed/stopped. Or are they just throwing out the ideas that could potentially be awesome games? I don't see why they wouldn't stop AAA game development on consoles/PC, since I don't even think MGSV made them break even.

So....does this mean that Konami, not Kojima Productions have the rights to Metal Gear? If so, I don't know if I'll ever want to play a Metal Gear game that was not made by Kojima himself.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

They have fucked up so bad lately that I must say:

Ufbr5ej.gif

My thoughts exactly...

If it really is a rumor, good, because that would have been a train wreck.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Too bad the rumors weren't true.

I'm actually enjoying the bad press Konami is getting these days. They're asshats and they deserve it. Hell, look at the PES2016 shenanigans. They made an "exclusive bundle" on Steam that only contains the base game (helluva bundle right there) just to avoid people seeing the bad reviews on the game's Steam page (54% negative reviews last time I checked).

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I don't really give a shit about Konami anymore. They've gone past the entertaining, unintentional comedy stage and now everything about them is just "whatever".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I don't really give a shit about Konami anymore. They've gone past the entertaining, unintentional comedy stage and now everything about them is just "whatever".

Not whatever, its "fuck Konami" now.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not whatever, its "fuck Konami" now.

Can't bring myself to get invested. They were never involved in a franchise I liked, so while I empathize with people who are fucked by them, I can't really waste energy on following their dumb clownery. I could "boycott" them, but considering I never have, and never intended to, buy anything of theirs, it would amount to nothing.

They were always worthless to me, so becoming even more worthless is hard to care about.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

well i didn't understand why they would abandon Metal Gear after making such a great game, i mean if they care only about money wouldn't they want to milk at least this franchise?

i hope the'll make another great game to show all those haters that they can do it , it's not just 2-3 people who left

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Lol Konami. It's at the point where people hate Konami so much, that whenever they speak, good or bad, they just piss everyone off haha. They've been digging a really nice hole for themselves. They are also heading or are already at the, "fun to hate" stage. Where some ppl, even if they don't know what's going on, will still hate them lol. It's a bad place to be and they sorta kinda deserve it. But we've seen other companies come in and out of that so let's see what Konami does. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.