Konami won't be doing any more AAA console games (except games currently in production)

Bouzoo

53518_gb_news.jpg

After their CEO said "Mobile is where the future of gaming lies", we kind of expected this, and reports say it has happened. Even more, Julien Merceron, their company’s worldwide technology director has decided to leave the studio as well. 

As mentioned, there will however be two exceptions, Metal Gear Online and PES 16 that are currently in production, and there are no other AAA console games in planning, and considering how most of their AAA PC games are ports...

The site claims to have been told by several sources that "no recruitment [was] actually undertaken" following the firm's recruitment call earlier this year, either.

"Worse, apart from the series Winning Eleven / PES, no AAA game is currently in pre-production at Konami" the report adds. "All current console projects have been stopped or canceled by the new management."

Both of the aforementioned sites note that, with release of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and PES 2016, Konami now has a blank schedule in terms of triple-A console releases.

This was "confirmed" by Rika Muranaka, a composer at Konami that worked on Metal Geat and Castlevania titles:

Sad to see this happening, many of us grew with Konami among others, but it was just a matter of time considering the recent events happening at Konami. I hope they actually sell their IP's to other game studios, and not just let them gather dust in case they change their minds.

Sources: 1, 2, 3  and every game website out there

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

*sigh*

Welcome to the mobile market Konami. I hope your fan base will enjoy the micro transactions..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

*sigh*

Welcome to the mobile market Konami. I hope your fan base will enjoy the micro transactions..

And slot machines.

Don't forget the slot machines.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Please, Konami, no in-app purchases...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I really enjoyed the Pro Evolution Soccer franchise. Time to buy the football (soccer) games produced by EA then.

I always though it was superior to FIFA (I have my reasons), and even though I don't play Sport games anymore, this is the one that I can always just grab and play with friends.

DDR, Yu-Gi-Oh, suikoden, TMNT, all dead.

And the legendary crash bandicoot is probably one that will go in the books of history as a legend...

If you want to know what sh*t we get, it's stuff like sudoku and stupid card games, GG.

From hero to zero in an instant.

Oh yea, and i don't think mobile is your future konami, the amount of android games released this year are, oh what a suprise, 0

and that number will appear more and more if you don't get your sh*t together.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

And the legendary crash bandicoot is probably one that will go in the books of history as a legend...

Oh don't worry, Konami doesn't own Crash. Recently Naughty Dog said they would like to make a reboot as well.  :lol:

Edited by Bouzoo

Oh don't worry about crash, Konami doesn't own Crash. Recently Naughty Dog said they would like to make a reboot as well.  :lol:

I really hope he gets saved from this crap. He doesn't deserve this :(

I played crash bash like a maniac.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Not surprising. Gaming industry is too risky as a business. In order to make a good game they need more money, but having a good game doesn't always net enough money to counter what was spent to make that game good and marketable. The only thing I don't like about Konami's transition (based on previous reports) is how bad the employees were treated during the development of MGSV.

bye bye

its been a good run

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

im amazed they waiting this long, i was expecting the day after mgs5 to let us know the ship was leaving port

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Shoot yourself in the foot.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

At least they waited until the MG story was done.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Again the copyright law should be such that when a company makes a bullshit decision like this they would be legally compelled to license the franchises to whomever might want to continue with them.

Agreed 100%

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So no more console AAA games, but PC AAA games now? :D

You wish  :lol:

You wish  :lol:

:(

I never played any of their games except MGSV recently, so I'm not too saddened by this, but with the recent PC release I was hoping for more from them. Oh well.

Welp.... Konami is dead.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Bullshit Konami, let me rephrase your statement,

"Mobile is where the future of money lies". 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken