Not going to try another gpu from asus

nanowatt

Short long story.Saw some nice prices on a r7 265 and i thought i should get one since a pc in the house could use an upgrade.It had lines flickering across the screen during games and in standby, but less visible so after trying everything possible i rma it.Got another one, same shit, same time waiting and when it came it had the same issues.Returned it got a r9 270x and it's literally the same.I tried to update the bios since on asus's website it says that a vbios update and a certain driver will fix the issue( so they know about it) which clearly it didn't.Now it's worst, sometimes in game a black/white line will appear and split the screen for like half a sec and then come back to normal(yes the lines still occur).I am done with amd.I am out of ideas and thing to try so i did email asus and i am waiting for a response.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Either you are one of the unluckiest mugs ever to grace this forum, or you're just trolling.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Did you remove your previous drivers?

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Ah look another one of those people that think a whole brand sucks just because they got 1 or 2 bad cards.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Either you are one of the unluckiest mugs ever to grace this forum, or you're just trolling.

I am not trolling.I am so pissed i waited 1 fucking month paying that shit without using any gpu more than 2 days cuz these guys from the store i bought must take 2 weeks to replace 1 producs

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

have you ever considered it's your monitor lead or monitor!?

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Did you remove your previous drivers?

I tried everything and i mean it

Ah look another one of those people that think a whole brand sucks just because they got 1 or 2 bad cards.

3 bad products and different products.

Probably problem is with something else in your system.
Nvidia drivers still interfering,  350W no name PSU is dying or something else :?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

so... i had two DOA routers in a row. i know your feel.

but instead of blaming the company that made the routers i decided to try and find out what could have gone wrong.

turns out the wall outlet i use for my router has an insane amount of noise on it. got myself an UPS and the third one is working like a charm.

if you have the same problem across 3 products, i feel like your problem may not be the GPU; but something else around it.

have you ever considered it's your monitor lead or monitor!?

Is not the monitor.i tired 3 of them and 2 tv.Ahh yeah, the hdmi works just fine.Happen on all 3 of them so there's no way everything i tired is broken

I tried everything and i mean it

Have you checked other parts of your system? Monitor, power supply (as someone else mentioned)?

I had a problem with my EVGA GTX 660 not liking what came out of my power supply (video stuttering + noise issues, had to restart several times to get it to not happen). I switched to an ASUS strix 970 and haven't had ANY problems since then.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Is not the monitor.i tired 3 of them and 2 tv.Ahh yeah, the hdmi works just fine.Happen on all 3 of them so there's no way everything i tired is broken

Have you tried those GPUs on other systems? 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Meh, my cousin had 3 AMD cards in a row fail. Shit happens.

You can just get unlucky, but I understand your sentiment. I had 2 bad MSI cards, so I'm never getting an MSI card again.

I don't see the point of this post though, what do you want us to say? Should we jump on the AMD-hating bandwagon? Or do you want tech support?

Because, you know, 2 broken cards in a row might mean something else in your system is broken, maybe the PSU or the PCIe connector.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Probably problem is with something else in your system.

Nvidia drivers still interfering,  350W no name PSU is dying or something else :?

The psu is and evga supernova.What that dude about psu said is making me think about it

so... i had two DOA routers in a row. i know your feel.

but instead of blaming the company that made the routers i decided to try and find out what could have gone wrong.

turns out the wall outlet i use for my router has an insane amount of noise on it. got myself an UPS and the third one is working like a charm.

if you have the same problem across 3 products, i feel like your problem may not be the GPU; but something else around it.

Still not scientific enough, you could just be unlucky.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Have you tried those GPUs on other systems? 

Yes, same problems

Won't tell you my story with a pair of 9800 GTX+'s.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

bad luck hits everyone some more then others, I've had some alright luck with Nvidia cards but also ended up with some terrible issues as well with them. AMD so far I've had good overclocking cards and no issues yet *knock on wood* 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Meh, my cousin had 3 AMD cards in a row fail. Shit happens.

You can just get unlucky, but I understand your sentiment. I had 2 bad MSI cards, so I'm never getting an MSI card again.

I don't see the point of this post though, what do you want us to say? Should we jump on the AMD-hating bandwagon? Or do you want tech support?

Because, you know, 2 broken cards in a row might mean something else in your system is broken, maybe the PSU or the PCIe connector.

I would understand my system, but 3 other pc's and 1 not mine?No way

Short long story.Saw some nice prices on a r7 265 and i thought i should get one since a pc in the house could use an upgrade.It had lines flickering across the screen during games and in standby, but less visible so after trying everything possible i rma it.Got another one, same shit, same time waiting and when it came it had the same issues.Returned it got a r9 270x and it's literally the same.I tried to update the bios since on asus's website it says that a vbios update and a certain driver will fix the issue( so they know about it) which clearly it didn't.Now it's worst, sometimes in game a black/white line will appear and split the screen for like half a sec and then come back to normal(yes the lines still occur).I am done with amd.I am out of ideas and thing to try so i did email asus and i am waiting for a response.

"MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING"

So what GPU do you own? 265/270 or the 290x?

Mr troll.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Still not scientific enough, you could just be unlikely.

i'll be more scientific: plug the router into ups - it works

plug it into the wall - it hangs

plug it into the ups again - it works.

Huh, my R9 270 is fine except for minor coilwhine.

The psu is and evga supernova.What that dude about psu said is making me think about it

What EVGA SuperNova exactly? Not all are the same and not all are made by the same companies.

Other Specs?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)