Heaven Society - Week 61 Anime Poll

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png

Tokyo Ravens
2r018ZL.jpg
Current
This was suggested by @Rashy saying "I love the anime! I found myself screaming cheers for the MC to unleash his full powers! Its about paranormal world, where exorcist exorcise demons. Tokyo was destroyed by the "Great Disaster" by a man, who is now worshiped by his devotees that has already infiltrated the Counter Demons Infrastructure. It the thrill, the battles, and I love the familiars! I'd highly suggest you watch this."

In the "Great Disaster," Japan has been thrown into chaos by onmyouji (a kind of magician). Harutora Tsuchimikado was born into an onmyouji family, but has no power whatsoever. His childhood friend Natsume (another member of the Tsuchimikado family) appears to him one day to take him up the promise he made long ago to become her shikigami (familiar). A battle between onmyouji is about to begin.

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
jmnTFSL.jpg
Recent
This series was suggested by @Rashy saying "Its about a Hero and a Demon Lord who has the same dreams (more or less) so they go on an adventure to stop the war and develop a village to the max. Im currently watching Episode 6 Its got strong characters and a very nice plot, some twisting "what?" and more. The only problem is: 12 EPISODES. INEEDMORE."

ANN | MAL | aniDB

After a long and treacherous journey, our Hero finally arrives at the Dark Lady's castle only to find himself being asked for help. The Hero explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. The queen of demons however argues that this war has made the human society band together as one and showed empirical evidence how it has increased population, increased production, boosted economy and improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to the Hero that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. The Hero, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with the Dark Lady, agrees to help with her plans!

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
43ACkDP.jpg
Post-2007
This series was suggested by @TheProfosist saying "Best Gundam ever! Great balance between frighting, politics, and romance."

ANN | MAL | aniDB

It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (formerly United States of America), the Human Reform League (Russia, China and India) and the Advanced European Union. However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tiera Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the various other factions.

S-CRY-ed
3W9a1be.jpg
Pre-2007
This series was suggested by @GloriousPain saying "it's made from the same writer who wrote Code Geass and as such has quite a bit of morality at it's roots with a story in the foreground but this one relies a bit more on brute force rather than finesse"

ANN | MAL | aniDB

A strange environmental phenomenon 22 years ago in the Kanazawa prefecture caused the land to split and protrude upwards reaching unprecedented heights, creating the secluded area known as The Lost Ground. Kazuma is a young mercenary who lives in the Lost Ground, looking for any work he can find to sustain his livelihood within the harsh environment. He is one of the few people that are gifted with the Alter ability, which allows him to plaster his right arm and torso with a metallic alloy. When this mercenary encounters HOLY, an order whose purpose is to suppress and capture what they call Native Alter Users, and one of the elite members of HOLY, Ryuho, an epic rivalry begins.

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @Oshino Shinobu @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @ @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @dragoon20005 @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @AbsolDestiny @Swindless @AyBuild @nomnom123qwe @SsidError @mosin40 @JerkyMcDilerino @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information. This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pictures pls

They are there, however only for me. Gotta relink them in a different format ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are there, however only for me. Gotta relink them in a different format ^_^

i cri errytiem 

I vote for Mobile Suit Gundam 00. I had been planning on viewing it in any case. I am also going to have to anti-vote for S-CRY-ed, since I have completed it and it is terrible.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Guess I can start on Gundam since I finally have finished watching my current show.

Blarg

Please note: if you liked the format changes I made, be sure to let me know and I'll continue doing it this way when I post them.

(I.E Shuffling synopsis around with its links, centering everything, larger fonts for a more stand out title and section for the anime (recent current pre post)

I also did not include a "random" this week, as I felt that it wasn't very necessary because I personally liked all the options & random is a personal selection (usually).

hey look he lives and breathes and contributes.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is such a bait anime, man i was so pissed for watching that, first episode is massive false advertisment.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Tokyo Ravens gets my vote but still no new season ;_;

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is such a bait anime, man i was so pissed for watching that, first episode is massive false advertisment.

You should be reading the manga then (the right one).

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

I see gundam I vote gundam :D 

But 00 is actually pretty good

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

You should be reading the manga then (the right one).

i dont read manga, I DONT

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Lol i'm literally the only person who voted for S-Cry-Ed so far :(

such a good show!

tumblr_nca2hsMLb11s5f9ado2_500.gif

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I got mentioned 2 times <3 to you all.

And this weeks my bday, and getting BBQ stuff together.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

nat_zps97a3770a.gif

Tokyo Ravens instantly got my vote

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

h_1442586926_3515874_eb2a821893.png

Triple week FTW

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

For the first time, I'm going to go ahead and say this poll needs a "turnip" option.

Because I sadly finished Tokyo Ravens and with 24 episodes at 4/10 I consider it the greatest waste of my time by an anime ever.

The others don't have anything that interest me.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My thoughts, for anyone who cares:

The MMY anime is pretty darn awful. Sloppy and rushed, and surprisingly boring despite having some nice ideas. Only watch it if you're kind to such things.

Gundam 00 and Scryed were alright, not sure which one I'd rewatch first. Scryed has one of the most unlikable characters ever with Ryuhou, but Straight Cougar was pretty great. The story kind of meanders in places, but works out alright IIRC. Gundam 00 was pretty melodramatic even for a Gundam series, and is hell-bent on 9/11 commentary... might not be up everyone's alley.

Tried Tokyo Ravens for a few episodes, didn't really strike any desire in me to keep watching it; seems pretty average just with some nice moments of animation.

Going with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It's somewhat slowpaced but the story is pretty good(even if it is rushed). It has a similar feel to it as Spice And Wolf, deals with the economy of a country during wartime. The manga explain things a bit better. (based on a light novel I think?)

But it doesn't feel complete when you reach the end. There's obviously more to it than what is shown in the anime and the chance of a second season is slim. (Same thing with Tokyo Raven and the ending was disappointing for that one honestly)

As for the other two... Not a fan of big robot anime, so Gundam is out. And I've never heard of S-cry-ed, I will try taking a look at it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Triple Week?!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Going with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It's somewhat slowpaced but the story is pretty good(even if it is rushed). It has a similar feel to it as Spice And Wolf, deals with the economy of a country during wartime. The manga explain things a bit better. (based on a light novel I think?)

Just read the source material if you're interested in MMY. The anime is honestly pretty crappy.

I vote for Mobile Suit Gundam 00. I had been planning on viewing it in any case. I am also going to have to anti-vote for S-CRY-ed, since I have completed it and it is terrible.

Same here. The storyline is so epic.. got emotional in season 1 and 2.