Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I get it, and I'm all for people learning better how to control their firearms (the only gun control I do support), but I will never support government mandates to do so.  For my reasoning, just look at drivers licenses.  A lot of people make the complaint that you have to be licensed to drive, so you should have to be licensed to own a firearm.  Putting aside the Constitutional argument against that, it doesn't even make any practical sense.

Despite all of the regulations and restrictions we have on driving, there are still around 30,000 vehicle deaths every year (and that's on top of the accidents that do not result in injury or death), and countless lousy drivers on the road.  That's about the same as all the firearm deaths each year, and those numbers include people who commit suicide with a gun.

Not trying to get political, just showing why the idea of the government requiring people to have training will never work like you think it will.

I would counter your argument by stating that vehicles are pronouncedly deadlier in the USA due to the extremely lax regulation surrounding them.  If you drive in Deutschland, you don't find people hogging the left hand lanes.  You also don't feel endangered by people driving the equivalent of 98 miles per hour.

Treat it serious, and people will take it serious.

P.S.

I am a proponent of registering secondhand gun sales.  It has nothing to do with tax revenue or keeping lists of who has firearms.  It has everything to do with accounting for weapons.  I--as a gun owner--don't want to be questioned over the use of a gun that I had originally purchased (and subsequently sold) being used in the commission of a crime.

We already do that with VIN numbers on cars.  And again, this has 0 to do with keeping lists.

46 minutes ago, fpo said:

Adjustable length Pistol brace with MOLLE mag pouch (everything old is new again. I was inspired by WW2 M1 carbines)

I really thought about doing the same thing for the same reason.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

37 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I really thought about doing the same thing for the same reason.

Yeah, the best thing that ever happened in law is that they didn't let me have a "rifle" so yeah I can't have my cleaning kit in my rifle... But, I have another magazine. Takes 3 seconds to load from condition green and go live. 

Obviously for home defense theory. 

I was looking at the "redi mag" but it's super expensive. I tried modeling one to 3d print and that was out of my knowledge sphere so I never did that. Plus my lower is "billet" as opposed to cast. A bit disappointed I don't have the sopmod m4 with picitiny rails on it. I did get a cool airsoft one in that configuration though so close enough. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Yeah, the best thing that ever happened in law is that they didn't let me have a "rifle" so yeah I can't have my cleaning kit in my rifle... But, I have another magazine. Takes 3 seconds to load from condition green and go live. 

Obviously for home defense theory. 

I was looking at the "redi mag" but it's super expensive. I tried modeling one to 3d print and that was out of my knowledge sphere so I never did that. Plus my lower is "billet" as opposed to cast. A bit disappointed I don't have the sopmod m4 with picitiny rails on it. I did get a cool airsoft one in that configuration though so close enough. 

You ever consider getting one of those couplers so you can just have your second mag right there? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006074669

As far as home defense theory goes, I have a hard time topping the "cruiser ready" condition. Closed bolt, empty chamber, safety off, loaded magazine. In the fight in as long as it takes you to grab and charge the gun. Usually recommended for shotguns since they aren't drop-safe, but I like it for my home defense rifle too.

The important thing for me is that it requires intention to chamber and fire. Nothing can happen with it that I don't explicitly cause.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You ever consider getting one of those couplers so you can just have your second mag right there? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006074669

We have one for airsoft. I only have 2 mags, one is a short 10 round mag, the other is a 30 rack, but limited to 10 capacity.

They're cool and probably most practical for home defense, but idk, never really thought of it. Since I only have the 2 mags for 5.56, I just keep it in the stock pouch.

As far as home defense theory goes, I have a hard time topping the "cruiser ready" condition. Closed bolt, empty chamber, safety off, loaded magazine. In the fight in as long as it takes you to grab and charge the gun. Usually recommended for shotguns since they aren't drop-safe, but I like it for my home defense rifle too.

Ahh yeah, condition amber/yellow according to military. (I'm not military.) My 30 round mag is limited to 10 and it's like a perfect fit for 10 rounds, so if I put the magazine in the gun, the bolt won't close, or I'd damage the mags or ammo slamming the mag into my gun. (Which my fekin brother did right after I told him not to BEFORE handing it to him... He isn't allowed to touch my guns anymore. Two simple rules I told him on how to treat my things lol.) And well, now I have confirmed for sure, yes, if you slam the mag, it WILL dent a bullet.

So pretty much the mag not allowing 10 and closed bolt. Now that I only hold 9 (wanted to see if the bullet still worked) I could, but it's kind of habit to keep it in the pouch.

I'm kinda glad both my rifles (ak and that M4/ar/m16/whatever) are difficult to load unless you understand them. I have a state legal magazine called a "compmag" in my AK-NO ONE knows how to use it haha. 😛
I would have used the short 10 round mag, but I prefer the larger magazine so it's easier to tell if there's a magazine in the "other." Plus, I prefer the larger grip to handle the magazine for malfunctions. Easier to handle than the short mag even if 60~% is empty space.

The important thing for me is that it requires intention to chamber and fire. Nothing can happen with it that I don't explicitly cause.

Of course. It is a great way to do it when storing it. I might reconsider how I store it. I'm going to be allowed to own full 30 round mags in the near future, so when I get access to those, I will probably load them up and keep it more or less good, but I might switch to a pistol as my go-to since I plan on keeping my big stuff super well hidden and never go without a pistol.

I'm getting pretty good with this VP9. SP2022, maybe not so much. I should finally get access to my Walther PPS M2, but we will find out. Worst comes to worst, I shop for a new pistol. Going to be a tough choice, but I might go with another budget option since I will be shorter on money. Hopefully there will be some good low cost options with paddle mag releases, because ambi > button imo.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:08 PM, Beyond_The_Berm said:

Wish I found this thread sooner lol.

Anyone else into NODs?

Night time host has a MAWL on it paired with the Comp M5 shown.

51787414896_f41c82daca_w.jpg

51720046333_f7da503d12_c.jpg

51721818891_5ed4df8f8e_w.jpg

Logged on and checked in on this forum for the first time in years. I know your post was a while ago and I wasn't gonna reply but then I saw the setup and it was a bit too familiar for me to not reply. 

This is a fairly bright night with a good bit of light pollution (more like dawn - there was literally sunlight on the horizon) so I decided to demonstrate just how bright the Perst-4 I recently replaced with a DBAL D2 could be.

image0 (30).jpg

image0 (31).jpg

image0 (32).jpg

Pee stool

1019669903_PXL_20220811_030445257_MP2.thumb.jpg.7df44702591f098b0cf70d94b1c8c03c.jpg

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

😄

GG EZ

You have no idea the struggle. 

4 hours ago, fpo said:

You have no idea the struggle. 

I've talked to enough people on the East and West coast to have a vague idea. Just saw a ~300 day wait period in California on one corner of the internet the other day.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've talked to enough people on the East and West coast to have a vague idea. Just saw a ~300 day wait period in California on one corner of the internet the other day.

300? I waited 2 years and they wrote the damn serial number incorrectly so I didn't even get to pick my gun up yet...

So stupid... I swear it's easier to make mine from home Depot and learn the chemistry to make your own ammo. 

2 hours ago, fpo said:

300? I waited 2 years and they wrote the damn serial number incorrectly so I didn't even get to pick my gun up yet...

So stupid... I swear it's easier to make mine from home Depot and learn the chemistry to make your own ammo. 

AFAIK, there isn't any law against making your own firearms.  Just make sure you don't pull a Brandon Herrera and post too much detail about it on Youtube.  They don't like that.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

AFAIK, there isn't any law against making your own firearms.  Just make sure you don't pull a Brandon Herrera and post too much detail about it on Youtube.  They don't like that.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware as long as it has a serial number and the city + state it was manufactured in, they don't really care too much.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice

NOW.... I have it 

Too much driving, I need a drink. 

PXL_20220811_222152622.thumb.jpg.92875dcd139fdafee7e2abeb84a34b67.jpg

Most airsoft guns feel a bit off, but dang is the airsoft PPS M2 dang close. 

Feels like the plastic is the exact same material. 

Post count farming/s

I got the Walther PPS M2. definitely a bit skinny. 

I held some pistols at the store and I like the CZ compact. 

I held the Springfield XD and the hellcat, and they said they were only produced in limited numbers... They're kinda terrible feeling. Slides have no grip either. 

I also held my friend's Glock 27, and it's nice. I'd prolly go for the Glock 26. Sure they're wide, but they seem like they'd hold a few extra. 

The Walther pdp is nice but a YouTube gun channel where a guy is an engineer showed that the pdp is designed poorly for the rmr plate. 

If I got a high capacity pistol, I'd probably lean towards the vp9. I have so much trigger time on it, I've fallen in love with it. 

Plus paddle release. Sad Walther doesn't do paddles anymore... 😞

Triple post farm

(Inb4 OT doesn't count posts)

Semi auto pistol owners, what cool accessories are useful? Thinking of getting the up lula. I already have 4 mags. I also have a handheld flashlight, phanny pack, regular appendix holster. 

1 minute ago, IPD said:

290654920_453078756660015_58417094399419

so one of these arrived today....

MP5!!!! 

7 minutes ago, fpo said:

MP5!!!! 

I'll have to try it out this weekend after the ammo waterlogs to the correct size, and the battery is charged.

My SIG Sauer P220 was lonely, so I brought it home a girlfriend... a P229 Legion.

459884445_IMG_20220806_094655_HDR2.thumb.jpg.3e394487f6981d457009f263c845dcdb.jpg

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

2 hours ago, fpo said:

I held some pistols at the store and I like the CZ compact.

I hear a lot of praise for CZ in pistol circles.

2 hours ago, IPD said:

I'll have to try it out this weekend after the ammo waterlogs to the correct size, and the battery is charged.

What is it? Gel blaster? 

39 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I hear a lot of praise for CZ in pistol circles.

They seem to be an acquired taste imo. There's not a lot of space to grip the slide but the groves are deep and it's a low bore axis so I hear and they're steel and comfy. 

10 minutes ago, fpo said:

They seem to be an acquired taste imo. There's not a lot of space to grip the slide but the groves are deep and it's a low bore axis so I hear and they're steel and comfy. 

I found semi automatic handguns overall to be an acquired taste, but that's fair.

I wasn't a huge fan of shooting auto handguns until my 3rd or 4th magazine.

48 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I found semi automatic handguns overall to be an acquired taste, but that's fair.

I wasn't a huge fan of shooting auto handguns until my 3rd or 4th magazine.

If you can get 1 on 1 classes with someone that ACTUALLY knows what they're doing (someone that doesn't tell you what crap to buy and has killed many people in the same room as himself in combat) then you'll get phenomenal instruction. 

Otherwise it can be hit or miss. 

Edit:

IE swat and special forces are great. 

Police officers and regular army dudes... Ehhh, idk...