Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

6 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Wait, cali is doing that with ammo now?  Oh bugger that.  Time for you to join the mass emigration.  

Also: my range is rationing ammo, but they're also not inflating the price.  So I can generally purchase one box of ever caliber I have, leaving me with 200 rounds of a single caliber every time I have a range day.  

Granted, their "inflated" price is pretty expensive -- their bulk ammo used to cost more than online+shipping -- but now it's way cheaper.  

They started in 2018 I think.  FKing axles controlling our state.

I would love to but just about everyone of my family is here.

I have a great job that pays the bills and so does my wife.  We have killer benefits and retirement (20 years to go).

We have a house that's worth a good amount of money so it's quite hard to leave.

I've had my eyes on Idaho, Arizona, Tennessee and South Carolina.  Texas is good too but I fear it'll fall to the clutches of *******, I don't want to dip into politics  😄

7 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

They started in 2018 I think.  FKing axles controlling our state.

I would love to but just about everyone of my family is here.

I have a great job that pays the bills and so does my wife.  We have killer benefits and retirement (20 years to go).

We have a house that's worth a good amount of money so it's quite hard to leave.

I've had my eyes on Idaho, Arizona, Tennessee and South Carolina.  Texas is good too but I fear it'll fall to the clutches of *******, I don't want to dip into politics  😄

Man. I read that, and think: Those are all reasons I would abandon the state ASAP, except the jobs part.

My family is horrible.

I love my job.

A house in Cali is worth three in most other states.

Then again, this is the major reason that, pre-September, we had absolute ASS housing prices here. Everyone from Cali was moving here, buying up all the land and housing, since someone could sell a 2br1bth house in Cali, and buy a 4br3bth house with an acre and a 4 car garage/RV garage and have money left over.

Since September, though, there's no housing available, and I think people have started moving away from here (2,500 houses burned down in a massive arson fire). I know that I'll be leaving Oregon ASAP, it's just the job thing I gotta get sorted.

My only advice is to move now, before everything on the West Coast burns to the ground, from LA to Washington. Arizona might be safer, but I don't think Idaho is... I'd say South Carolina, though they got their own problems there.

"Is X and Y going to Bottleneck?" YES. YES, IT FREAKING IS. NOT having a bottleneck is, most likely, impossible. Will it negatively effect your gaming experience? Probably not.

11 hours ago, Sarra said:

My only advice is to move now, before everything on the West Coast burns to the ground

This.  Get while the getting's good.  Way better than the housing market plummeting, your job moving out of state, etc, and THEN trying to get out.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

Finally got another mount for the razor in, so I plopped it on my 16" rifle.

20210416_141625.thumb.jpg.0bdf4ef6f41715d1a5d8673b7b4093a7.jpg

20210416_141608.thumb.jpg.b7652886f2b8262147a1b9f12bb033d6.jpg

20210416_141438.thumb.jpg.60c45c326c41016bc974b8de80b4b3d9.jpg

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

Finally got around to doing a receiver swap on the 16" rifle. Replaced the standard forged upper and lower, with ADM UIC receivers. I figured it needed to be re-zeroed/zero confirmed with the can anyway, so now's a good time. Also, while I was at it I pinned the gas block, which was a first for me. Trying to make these two rifles as bomb-proof as possible. 

20210418-144621-1.jpg

On a related note, drilling through titanium sucks a lot haha.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

Hi friends.  

I bought a Ruger Max 9.  Early indications are that it'll be my CC gun for a long time comin'.   (sight is a Sig Romeo Zero.  Why?  Because that's what the gun store had)

I also discovered that a rather large holster manufacturer lives in my town -- Bullseye Holsters -- and they'll make one for you right then and there if you show up at their factory.  So that's the fastest I've ever gotten a custom kydex holster for a gun!

232951050_rugermax9.jpg.7168b9a8451870c1bf7a526dc21085f1.jpg

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

IMG_20210422_201123.thumb.jpg.5bc6202f90dd0858cbc30210161bddcb.jpg

Spoiler

Cheap because it was marked as a Colt instead of a Remington

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, FakeATF said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cheap because it was marked as a Colt instead of a Remington

I have an old beater .44 1858 New Army clone, Italian-made of course. They're pretty fun as a range gadget, and I guess you could use one defensively if you were desperate. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

1 minute ago, atxcyclist said:

I have an old beater .44 1858 New Army clone, Italian-made of course. They're pretty fun as a range gadget, and I guess you could use one defensively if you were desperate. 

Little more than a club if you expend your six rounds. Unless you brought some spare cylinders, that is.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, FakeATF said:

Little more than a club if you expend your six rounds. Unless you brought some spare cylinders, that is.

At least you get a smoke screen if you need to make a retreat.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

I have one of the Uberti remakes of the Walker/Colt.  It's a pretty nice piece, and makes a better club when out of ammo than the smaller 36/44 cal blackpowder pistols.  🤣

IMG_5456.JPG

Sorry but I checked and I couldn't find this topic on the boards.  I remember there is a discussion but I can't find it.

Anyways I've been looking at prices for new ones and they're up by about 20%.  Sadly they're all out of stock and are back logged for months.

Then there are the consignment inventory.  I was shocked to see prices are nearly double!  I saw a couple of used 92FS and they were not a dime less than $900.

ARs were starting at $1,000.  These are not the expensive units too.

Silicon and firearms related... prices are too darn high.

• 1 month later...

After almost two years, it's finally done*, well, there are a couple things I want to tweek, and I may change the optic setup but it's usable now.

(Please excuse the messy bench)

20210614-204555-1.jpg

20210614-204507-1.jpg

Parts list:

American Defense Manufacturing UIC receiver set

LaRue MBT-2S trigger

Radian Talon ambi safety

PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube

PWS Ratcheting castle nut <- may get replaced with a forward controls castlenut and end plate, we'll see how I feel about this

Magpul CTR stock

JP Enterprises captured buffer, H3

Magpul MOE-K2 grip

Geissele Mag Release

Toolcraft NiB bolt carrier group

Radian Raptor SD Charging handle

LaRue 12" Stealth barrel

SLR Rifleworks 11" Solo Lite MLOK rail

SLR Rifleworks titanium adjustable gas block

Rugged Suppressors muzzle break

Rugged Suppressors Razor

Troy BUIS

Trijicon MRO

American Defense Manufacturing MRO Mount

Arisaka scout light mount

Modlite OKW-18650

Modlite Mod-button lite

Surefire DS00 tailcap

Arson Machine wire guide

Railscales grip pads and hand stop

Arisaka sling mount

Magpul MS1 sling

I just finished it up last night, so I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm very happy with how it came out. I robbed the optic from my 16" rifle that's very similar (almost identical, really) so I'm going to start looking for a Vortex Razor 1-10 for the 16" gun. Then I might, maybe, buy another Razor 1-10 or the Razor 1-6 for this rifle. Maybe, I'm not sure yet.

I did keep an Excel sheet on this build, and the rifle itself, without the suppressor or other add-ons, came to just over $2400.