Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

7 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

You missed a spot.

wasn't intentionally trying to get head shots but somehow got three lol

I got this mag extension a couple months ago for my FX-9 and finally got a opportunity this weekend to get out to the range and try it out. It's a +26 I have on a ETS 31rd glock mag. It ran 350 rounds fine with no issues. Lots of fun 

1567084476_20200224_173152(1)-Copy.jpg

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

4 minutes ago, ObscureMammal said:

I got this mag extension a couple months ago for my FX-9 and finally got a opportunity this weekend to get out to the range and try it out. It's a +24 I have on a ETS 33rd glock mag. It ran 350 rounds fine with no issues. Lots of fun 

-snip

That looks like fun. I assume it makes the fudds at the range somewhat angry?

You know, the "no rapid fire" sort that ruin gun ranges.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

45 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

That looks like fun. I assume it makes the fudds at the range somewhat angry?

You know, the "no rapid fire" sort that ruin gun ranges.

the guys at the one I go to are pretty chill, they don't really care what you do as long as you don't get too wild. I've only been to one range around here that wants you to pause for a second after every shot, not a big deal if you're trying to zero a laser or something like that but not really "fun"

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Guy at the gun store today said there was a huge import of Carcano bolt action Italian rifles. (1800~ whenever they stopped making them)

He said they can be as low as $200~$300 price ranges.

Lettin' ya know if you're interested.

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Guy at the gun store today said there was a huge import of Carcano bolt action Italian rifles. (1800~ whenever they stopped making them)

Too bad these wont make it up here!

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (2x16), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Geeek A60 Plus, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

Just now, Voluspa said:

Too bad these wont make it up here!

Sorry canadians!

idk who imported them, but maybe a few made it up there? If we're optimistic.

It looks like a baby toy rifle though. Kinda funny haha. Soooo short.

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Sorry canadians!

idk who imported them, but maybe a few made it up there? If we're optimistic.

It looks like a baby toy rifle though. Kinda funny haha. Soooo short.

Nah boss. Alaska. Easy to get a hold of them.... if they got shipped up here.

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (2x16), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Geeek A60 Plus, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

On 11/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Not sure if I posted this pic before lol. Night sights are pretty awesome. TFX Pro  TruGlo

Fx8MmNq.thumb.jpg.b93a94090372b6f1dc3bbec54dcc09d2.jpg

Always find night sights pretty useless. Unless you're aiming somewhere brighter you can't see far enough for sights to be of use. IR sights on the other hand...

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

44 minutes ago, ObscureMammal said:

the guys at the one I go to are pretty chill, they don't really care what you do as long as you don't get too wild. I've only been to one range around here that wants you to pause for a second after every shot, not a big deal if you're trying to zero a laser or something like that but not really "fun"

I've seen pictures of ranges that have signs up regulating how many shots per minute one can make.

Those people are the kind of gun owners that set the movement back. The kind who think that the 2nd Amendment has anything to do with hunting or self defense.

40 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I've seen pictures of ranges that have signs up regulating how many shots per minute one can make.

Those people are the kind of gun owners that set the movement back. The kind who think that the 2nd Amendment has anything to do with hunting or self defense.

The main one in Anchorage is like that. 10 rounds or less in a mag. I've been rule 14'd a couple times.

40 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I get no rapid fire but... really? Was there a potential law suit behind that rule?

"What constitutes rapid fire?"

"Whatever I say constitutes."

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

3 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

The main one in Anchorage is like that. 10 rounds or less in a mag. I've been rule 14'd a couple times.

I hope they went out of business, they deserve it.

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I get no rapid fire but... really? Was there a potential law suit behind that rule?

"What constitutes rapid fire?"

"Whatever I say constitutes."

AFAIK It's literally just because of fudds who get angry at people for mag dumping AR pistols whilst they try and sight in their bolt actions for hunting season, who maybe fire 10-20 rounds a year, that already think the 2nd is based on hunting or self defense.

Some popular/common statements of theirs:

"Yer gonna melt the dang barrel!"

"You don't need all that fer huntin!"

"A .50 cal will suck the eyeball out of a deer on a miss!"

Basically, the gun world equivalent of a playground Karen.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I hope they went out of business, they deserve it.

AFAIK It's literally just because of fudds who get angry at people for mag dumping AR pistols whilst they try and sight in their bolt actions for hunting season, who maybe fire 10-20 rounds a year, that already think the 2nd is based on hunting or self defense.

Some popular/common statements of theirs:

"You don't need all that fer huntin!"

"A .50 cal will suck the eyeball out of a deer on a miss!"

Nah, they won't go out of business. When I want a range, I go to one much closer to where I now live. NRA, no range officer. You'll get State Troopers there on their range days. One of their range instructors actually sat down with my old roommate's girlfriend to teach her how to get comfortable with Glock. I suck at teaching.

Then if I want to take the fun stock out, I just go to a different place that's even closer, but people are dumb out there. It's a public use area and I've had people start walking out on the berm towards the back side of targets.

15 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

How else are barrel companies going to stay in business if I don't dump steel case ammo?

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

15 hours ago, Voluspa said:

But people are dumb out there. It's a public use area and I've had people start walking out on the berm towards the back side of targets.

That's a level of stupidity that I don't like knowing about. 

Seriously, what the hell. 

14 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

That's a level of stupidity that I don't like knowing about. 

Seriously, what the hell. 

I mean, it is a very pretty place to go shooting and sight seeing. Truth be told, it's usually tourists going back there.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/61.7454867,-148.9336371//@61.745822,-148.9312509,446m/data=!3m1!1e3

20200609_113302.jpg?width=1409&height=49

22 hours ago, fpo said:

Good luck finding the correct ammo to fire through one...

I have one and ammo, proper ammo, is a real bitch to find.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

20 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

A very long time ago, I had a Calico M950 that had a nasty tendency to go full auto with cheap range ammo.

"Bang!" "Bang!" "Bang!" "Brrrrrrr!"

oops.

given the mag was on top of the pistol, recoil wasn't a problem until it got down to the last 10 or so rounds.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Good luck finding the correct ammo to fire through one...

I have one and ammo, proper ammo, is a real bitch to find.

Yeah. If there's any classic rifle ammo being made, I'm guessing it's for the mauser 8mm or 30-06. 

I don't think I've ever seen carcano ammo before. 

If anyone's looking for a wall hanger though... Good price. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

I don't think I've ever seen carcano ammo before. 

Yes, the only accurate ammo is that made in ww2, the current stuff made is out of spec enough to be very risky shooting it.

I have a small handful of proper ammo, I shoot mine very rarely...

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, the only accurate ammo is that made in ww2, the current stuff made is out of spec enough to be very risky shooting it.

I have a small handful of proper ammo, I shoot mine very rarely...

I heard tell from someone that does such a thing, that gas-checking swaged hardcast projectiles is about the best way to feed a Carcano these days. Lyman makes lubrisizer swagers in just about any diameter, and I believe they sell blank ones that can be machined. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

8 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

I heard tell from someone that does such a thing, that gas-checking swaged hardcast projectiles is about the best way to feed a Carcano these days. Lyman makes lubrisizer swagers in just about any diameter, and I believe they sell blank ones that can be machined. 

That seems like a lot of work for a rifle whose sole claim to fame is JFK...