Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
52 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I think for what you want, the holosun 403 or 503 would be a really good fit. Sturdy enough to handle recoil and you dont have to be too worried about it breaking in half if you do knock the rifle over in the safe while also not spending a ton of money. 

The MRO is a few more bucks and accomplishes the same task although is going to be more robust. Although you may not necessarily need that either, so that extra ~$100 might be better spent on something else, like ammo. 

Basically you've nailed what I'm saying, the Holosun will do perfectly for you, or me if I'm honest; I just like really really unnecessarily heavy duty stuff. If you do decide to go with the MRO, you wont regret it as it will likely last damn near forever. 

I’ll check out the MRO. 

I think I googled it and it looks like the CCO from arma 2. 

Not that video games recommend good stuff but I liked using it when I played. 

Good stuff to think about. Thank you very much for the information. 

I contacted optics planet like 4 days ago and they haven’t emailed me back yet. Also they sell some airsoft sights so I’m skeptical. 

49 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

First time cleaning my own/first firearm ez pz

2.thumb.jpg.cf90893673978baee41f0ec909848cd7.jpg1.thumb.jpg.0ebbd0f493546d20a6447b5b696ce21a.jpg

I love seeing your posts. It’s like a kid that got his first dog and brings it everywhere haha. 

Joyful to see. 

14 minutes ago, fpo said:

I’ll check out the MRO. 

I contacted optics planet like 4 days ago and they haven’t emailed me back yet. Also they sell some airsoft sights so I’m skeptical. 

I love seeing your posts. It’s like a kid that got his first dog and brings it everywhere haha. 

Joyful to see. 

There are many like it but this one is mine

16 minutes ago, fpo said:

I’ll check out the MRO. 

I've really liked my MRO. I've had one for about two years now I think. I change the battery on the 1st of the year and leave it on 24/7. I dont shoot rifles a ton, but it's probably got 1500-2k rounds under it now.

When first installed:

20190403-184631.jpg

About a yearish ago:

20190928-150757.jpg

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

I've bought a few things from optics planet and had everything go smoothly, but I've heard some not so great things lately. Mostly about them saying they have something in stock, then once you buy it sending you an email and saying it's on backorder. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

32 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I've really liked my MRO.

~snip~

Thats good to know. 

Is it super blue or green? I heard some rumours about some sights are coloured too much & hard to see through in certain environments. 1p68 or something was a russian “EOTech” from 2016 that inrange said was too blue & hard to identify targets. 

Any other popular stores you like? Optics planet is one I heard of. Amazon is common but I use paypal not credit cards when I buy things & eBay pens paypal and won’t doesn’t do amazon sales. 

20 minutes ago, fpo said:

Thats good to know. 

Is it super blue or green? I heard some rumours about some sights are coloured too much & hard to see through in certain environments. 1p68 or something was a russian “EOTech” from 2016 that inrange said was too blue & hard to identify targets. 

It is a little bluer than without the optic, but certainly doesnt cause any issues. This isnt my pic but it shows it pretty well:

Trijicon-MRO-on-Windham-SRC.jpg

Big Tex Outdoors is probably my favorite, but they are a smaller outfit so stock comes and goes more than the big groups.

Otherwise Midway is solid, Brownells is good, Primary Arms is good, Euro optic is also a good place, although I'm not sure if any of them do paypal or not. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It is a little bluer than without the optic, but certainly doesnt cause any issues. This isnt my pic but it shows it pretty well:

Trijicon-MRO-on-Windham-SRC.jpg

Big Tex Outdoors is probably my favorite, but they are a smaller outfit so stock comes and goes more than the big groups.

Otherwise Midway is solid, Brownells is good, Primary Arms is good, Euro optic is also a good place, although I'm not sure if any of them do paypal or not. 

You ever feel impeded by the discolouring? 

Some say Aimpoint is crystal clear. 

Realistically you don’t need perfection but naturally people prefer it. 

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

You ever feel impeded by the discolouring? 

Some say Aimpoint is crystal clear. 

Realistically you don’t need perfection but naturally people prefer it. 

A coloring more true to life is desirable, but I've never been hampered by it, I dont even notice it anymore. From what I understand, the coloring is from a light filter within the optic, but these light filters are also the reason that you get 50,000 hours out of a battery. So it's a bit of a give and take. 

Here's an Aimpoint T1 for comparison, some color shift, but certainly less than an MRO:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

A coloring more true to life is desirable, but I've never been hampered by it, I dont even notice it anymore. From what I understand, the coloring is from a light filter within the optic, but these light filters are also the reason that you get 50,000 hours out of a battery. So it's a bit of a give and take. 

Here's an Aimpoint T1 for comparison, some color shift, but certainly less than an MRO:

So Optic Planet has an older version of the holosun red dot that is exactly the same except it has less reticle choices/light colours.

It's less than $200 (on sale) compared to the MRO at 470~.

I think I'm going to pick it up.

EDIT:
I bought the Holosun 403B. No solar panel, but batteries are cheap anyway. I'll just have to use iron sights in the apocalypse if it lasts more than 5 years haha. Probably won't have ammo by then though.

7 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

*snip*

Is that a MagPul CTR?

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

9 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

Is that a MagPul CTR?

Indeed.

I just received a replica Acog & it’s pretty solid. I bought it for airsoft & they didn’t refund it before shipping (it was expected to arrive in October so I requested refund before shipment went out) and then they shipped it anyway haha. 

Some reviews say “it holds zero” and my brother’s sight sucks so he says. 

Might loan it to him to try out. See if it’s a quality option. (To find it, just look for any “Fiber optic powered acog replica” they all come from the same factory in China. Scope quality is pretty decent. Lowest prices I’ve seen are $60 shipped. $40 + 20 shipping one place. $60~ free shipping where I bought mine. 

5DAD7D35-38D5-4F19-8BBC-9CDE231144FE.thumb.jpeg.3cc4080dfa9a7db9a0686db41f17c3e7.jpeg

368DB8F2-678C-42A4-A59B-8A7E347FA8A4.thumb.jpeg.65ee0d76e827605a8385386bb764b985.jpeg

Fun fact: if you order several hundred you can choose any laser trademarks you want. If you order several more hundred, you can change some of the features. IE battery assisted illumination, rails etc

I see that Modlite is going to take my money yet again...

Screenshot-20200917-200901-Instagram-1.j

According to a FB post it's going to be compatible with X300U holsters, use the 18350 rechargable battery, and use the same heads as the rifle lights, so 1,500 lumens at 54,000 candela with the PLHv2 head, or 780 lumens at 79,000 candela with the OKW head.

I'm so glad to see other companies really make an effort in the high end pistol light category. I will absolutely be buying one to try out when they become available in Q1 of 2021.

24 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

According to a FB post it's going to be compatible with X300U holsters, use the 18350 rechargable battery, and use the same heads as the rifle lights, so 1,500 lumens at 54,000 candela with the PLHv2 head, or 780 lumens at 79,000 candela with the OKW head.

well well well... I'll be keeping my eye on this then.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 minutes ago, Velcade said:

well well well... I'll be keeping my eye on this then.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit of a light snob/geek. 

14 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit of a light snob/geek. 

Did you see the company axeon makes one that screws into the magazine tube of pump shotguns? 

Cool video:

Glad to see the AK is just clarified as “durable.” Almost nothing much else to say. 

Yeah, the AK can jam from dirt in the giant receiver hole but if you keep it clean, it’ll last! 

Glock VS 1911 was interesting to see as well. Especially the $500~ 1911s being regarded well by them. 

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

Cool video:

Glad to see the AK is just clarified as “durable.” Almost nothing much else to say. 

Yeah, the AK can jam from dirt in the giant receiver hole but if you keep it clean, it’ll last! 

Glock VS 1911 was interesting to see as well. Especially the $500~ 1911s being regarded well by them. 

If you're interested, Ron from Battlefield Vegas has a couple threads at ar15.com where he talks about different firearms reliability and durability in pretty deep detail. I know in the thread he said they go through more than 100,000 rounds per month! They have many firearms with greater than 100k rounds on an individual receiver. 

Rifles:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/High-round-count-AR-M4-s-over-100-000-rounds-and-how-they-have-handled-on-our-range/118-677135/?page=1

Pistols:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/High-round-count-pistols-100-000-observations/4-160140/

50 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

If you're interested, Ron from Battlefield Vegas has a couple threads at ar15.com

That’s awesome! 

Ill definitely check that out. Thanks!

I love hearing about that information. I fix airsoft guns in my day job so I’ve become interested in how long things last & repairing things. 

Just did a pixel art M13 from modern warfare. (IRL It is a SIg Sauer MCX Virtus)

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.34.42 PM.png

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

When possible, I want to go hunt on some large acreage for elk, so I decided to start getting prepared for that. Just the rifle at the moment, I still need optics and loading components.

Mauser.JPG

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I wish I could legally buy a firearm.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

I wish I could legally buy a firearm.

If you're in indeonesia, as your profile states, check out airsoft. The gas blowback guns are pretty cool.

KWA makes reliable gas ones.

Tippmann's "HPA" model makes the highest recoil airsoft I've tried.

You can also get electric ones but nothing really happens with most of them. I hear the sport is popular in your speculated country.

15 minutes ago, fpo said:

If you're in indeonesia, as your profile states, check out airsoft. The gas blowback guns are pretty cool.

KWA makes reliable gas ones.

Tippmann's "HPA" model makes the highest recoil airsoft I've tried.

You can also get electric ones but nothing really happens with most of them. I hear the sport is popular in your speculated country.

Thanks for the info!

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |