Is playing games with a MX Master reasonable

Hello peeps, I'm looking into purchasing an MX Master in a month or two and was wondering if the DPI it has is enough for gaming, I'm not very knowledgeable on mice, so I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

If this becomes a debate, then let it, and join in if you want.

But if you have have solid reasons as to why or why not, then post them here, and who ever I find has the most evidence for what they're saying will be the person I mark resolved.

Thanks!

WIP Build (Maul):

| CPU: R5 3600 | AIO: Stock GPU: Undecided (Vega 56 prob) MB: B450M RAM: 32gb 16x2 DDR4 3000mhz | PSU: Undecided HDD 1TB m.2 SSD | Case: Inwin 301 | $800-1000 PCPartpicker

Old Build (Vader):

Spoiler

| CPU: FX 8350 | AIO: h100i GPU: G1 GTX 970 MB: 990FXA-UD3 RAM: 8gb Vengence LP 1600mhz | PSU: EVGA 500B HDD 1TB x2 & 120GB Kingson SSD | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 |

Idle: 11-17c, Browsing: 13 - 23c, Load: 22 - 39c | Fedora & Arch Linux | $1,053 PCPartpicker

I use 650 dpi on a 4k monitor. You'll be just fine. Going too high with the dpi causes a loss in precision and control; I'd rather have a large mousemat and make larger movements than not being able to control small movements for the sake of not moving much to do a 360

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Depends on the games you play. DPI is not a factor when it comes to sensor quality - most people play shooters on DPI lower than 1000. If you are going to play CS GO with that mouse, don't get it - it's heavy so don't expect to do dem sick flickshots easily and probably the sensor has built in acceleration which isn't good for competitive shooters. You'll have no problem playing casual games like League of Legends though.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

That mouse is absolutely amazing for work: well laid out, sensible macros, etc.  However, it's certainly not a gaming mouse (as people above have said), nor does it claim to be one.  I get a mouse targeted at gaming that gets good rep (Logitech G303, Sensei, anything with good reviews on amazon) and use that instead.

Depends on the games you play. DPI is not a factor when it comes to sensor quality - most people play shooters on DPI lower than 1000. If you are going to play CS GO with that mouse, don't get it - it's heavy so don't expect to do dem sick flickshots easily and probably the sensor has built in acceleration which isn't good for competitive shooters. You'll have no problem playing casual games like League of Legends though.

League isnt really a casual game but rather there isnt such a need for accurate optical mice as there is in fps games. But you can do good with any mouse om any game there are very skilled pros in CS who use mice like the Sensei which has quite some built in accel(JW uses it and plays for the best team in the world). Its all a matter of getting used to it

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I used to use a Logitech MX Revolution (the first generation of the same product, I think?) many years ago. I really loved it for gaming, the frictionless scroll wheel could be very nice in certain games. But these days I think I usually keep my mouse around 2300 DPI… 1600 DPI max sounds kind of awful to me, even for my design work.

Of course that's a matter of personal preference and what you're personally used to. DPI isn't necessarily a "more is better" scenario. Higher and lower values both have benefits and downsides, and in most cases you can adjust to a big DPI change.

as long as the mouse feels good in your hand then all is good you can use it for gaming, normal tasks or whatever

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I have the MX Master, I use it for pretty much everything EXCEPT gaming. Even though it has the lowest latency I have used for a wireless mouse it still can't keep up with a proper wired mouse. I've tried using it for FPS games and League and in both of them I just couldn't get used to the response time and how it kind of overshoots where you want it to go sometimes when you move quickly. I still love this mouse though, I just keep a wired on plugged in to play games with.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I run a Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 at 3500 DPI with a very large mousepad for navigating my large dual monitor setup. But for gaming i stick to a wired 360 gamepad for comfort.

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.