Just got my master case pro 5 but....

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

so they mention a possible replacement glass side pannel, awesome, didnt want to pay for an extra part but at leas that give me hope, and you mentioned that replacing the window on the pannel is not a difficult process, is there some tutorial link on how to do so?

I have a guide under window modding here if you want to check it out below, but in mainly goes over the cutting of a window. To replace it for glass it's fairly simple, most glass shops can custom cut regular glass to any size you need. To install it into place using double sided exterior 3M tape works great but if you want the window to have no gap between the metal panel and glass using a silicone to glue it into place is a good option. The original window is usually held in place by some metal tabs though so you might need to cut those off to install the glass.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

So my CoolerMaster Master Case Pro 5 came in the mail today but I misunderstood and thought the case came with a tempered glass side pannel, this was sort of the deciding factor between this and the enthoo luxe, so my question is should I send it back (shipping would be free to do so as the box was majorly damaged by being stepped on etc.), or is there a replacement side pannel that will be glass, or is it simple to replace the pannel with glass, if given the materials. the reason i wanted glass over the plastic is that  i move my pc around semi-often, and scratches on that pannel is unnacceptable especially considering how cheap and easily scratchable these plastic pannels are

no the pro doesn't come with a tempered glass window that is an upgrade that is not available yet.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

So my CoolerMaster Master Case Pro 5 came in the mail today but I misunderstood and thought the case came with a tempered glass side pannel, this was sort of the deciding factor between this and the enthoo luxe, so my question is should I send it back (shipping would be free to do so as the box was majorly damaged by being stepped on etc.), or is there a replacement side pannel that will be glass, or is it simple to replace the pannel with glass, if given the materials. the reason i wanted glass over the plastic is that  i move my pc around semi-often, and scratches on that pannel is unnacceptable especially considering how cheap and easily scratchable these plastic pannels are

They mention here having add on parts like glass panels later on but not in the initially designed product, if you want to change it for glas yourself it's not a very difficult process.

http://techreport.com/news/28442/cooler-master-modular-future-goes-beyond-the-mastercase

They mention here having add on parts like glass panels later on but not in the initially designed product, if you want to change it for glas yourself it's not a very difficult process.

http://techreport.com/news/28442/cooler-master-modular-future-goes-beyond-the-mastercase

so they mention a possible replacement glass side pannel, awesome, didnt want to pay for an extra part but at leas that give me hope, and you mentioned that replacing the window on the pannel is not a difficult process, is there some tutorial link on how to do so?

I have a guide under window modding here if you want to check it out below, but in mainly goes over the cutting of a window. To replace it for glass it's fairly simple, most glass shops can custom cut regular glass to any size you need. To install it into place using double sided exterior 3M tape works great but if you want the window to have no gap between the metal panel and glass using a silicone to glue it into place is a good option. The original window is usually held in place by some metal tabs though so you might need to cut those off to install the glass.

sorry im not too familiar with these things but by any chance do you think your average glass shop could have it done for you?(besides the cutting) or do you believe the process is simple enough the average person can do it

sorry im not too familiar with these things but by any chance do you think your average glass shop could have it done for you?(besides the cutting) or do you believe the process is simple enough the average person can do it

If you don't have to do cutting of metal tabs it makes it easier but in general since you have the opening already there and only replacing it it's a pretty simple process. I don't think most glass shops will install it for you but if you find some guys that are nice they might hard to say.

If you don't have to do cutting of metal tabs it makes it easier but in general since you have the opening already there and only replacing it it's a pretty simple process. I don't think most glass shops will install it for you but if you find some guys that are nice they might hard to say.

sounds fair enough thank you for all the help and that guide is amazing in general, so my final question for you is, should I wait and buy the new side pannel whenever it comes out, or simply do the job myself. right now a basic plastic pannel replacement is 25$ so i can imagine the glass being around 40$~

sounds fair enough thank you for all the help and that guide is amazing in general, so my final question for you is, should I wait and buy the new side pannel whenever it comes out, or simply do the job myself. right now a basic plastic pannel replacement is 25$ so i can imagine the glass being around 40$~

If your not too bothered by it I would leave it for now and see how much it costs first, since their parts would be fairly easily to integrate or install especially if it's tempered glass. Tempered glass for glass shops need to be special ordered and tempered, but I would say using regular window glass is still fairly safe as long as you don't drop the panel.

Do what I did, buy a frame with glass in the right size. I got a small peice of glass for my window from amazon for $4. I imagine you could find a similar deal for a larger frame. BTW the size of the frame listed is the size of the glass panel, so just do a search for a frame 1-2" bigger than your hole.