Was the ultimaker video another swap for airtime? Update Ultimaker confirms YES

nunya bus

Or did you guys buy it? This is the important thing regarding disclosure 

so I spoke to Ultimaker on Twitter. And yes they confirmed that they gave the unit for LTT to keep, and to do a segment, review, piece whatever. And they look forward to seeing what he can do to show off the Ultimaker. 
we know this requires disclosure. 
I dont care he got the unit at all. its cool! 

but if he is supposed to do a review. and he was given this EXPENSIVE item for free to keep. then saying 
Ultimaker offered it, or sent us, or gave us a chance. Is far too loose 

it needs to be stated. Ultimaker gave us this to keep in exchange for us to do this video, to do a review, and what teh expectations were. so we the audience (the TARGET) knows why! 

did you even pay attention? Luke litterly said it in the video.

"Ultimaker offerd one to send to us"

"it's kinda to badass to deny"

so was it gifted?

yes

was the review influenced by that?

NO

reasoning behind that; he even says that it went wrong and that the ultimaker it's self didn't really give a good idea of the problem.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

did you even pay attention? Luke litterly said it in the video.

"Ultimaker offerd one to send to us"

"it's kinda to badass to deny"

so was it gifted?

yes

was the review influenced by that?

NO

reasoning behind that; he even says that it went wrong and that the ultimaker it's self didn't really give a good idea of the problem.

I dont care if they gave it to them or not. I want to know was it done in exchange for the ad. Thats what I want to know. Of course they can deny its not influenced or anything. so thats unprovable hence doesnt matter 

I dont care if they gave it to them or not. I want to know was it done in exchange for the ad. Thats what I want to know. Of course they can deny its not influenced or anything. so thats unprovable hence doesnt matter 

so even if they deny it here on the forums it could still be an ad not?

could be a clause in the agreement of the "ad" that they aren't allowed to say they where gifted one for the product placement.

so even if they deny it here on the forums it could still be an ad not?

could be a clause in the agreement of the "ad" that they aren't allowed to say they where gifted one for the product placement.

that's illegal ! 

that's illegal ! 

So are political corruption, drugs dealing and weapon/human smuggling and it still happens.

honestly, due to all the things with machinima (which was known for long time if you ask me, just like IGN) paranoia struck, so just sit back and enjoy the content =)

So are political corruption, drugs dealing and weapon/human smuggling and it still happens.

honestly, due to all the things with machinima (which was known for long time if you ask me, just like IGN) paranoia struck, so just sit back and enjoy the content =)

the "placed content" ;-) 

so I was just tweeting Ultimaker they have since confirmed they gave the unit to Linus, and Once again there is no disclosure. 
ill be reporting this and my tweets as evidence to the ASA and to the FCC 

Cool story, bro.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Oh god it's this guy again..

2nd comment on this thread answered your questions but you ignored it like usual.

Also it's called exposure. They send a unit free of charge and get free exposure. LTT does a review and keeps the addsense and sponsor spot money.

It's so damn simple

Oh god it's this guy again..

2nd comment on this thread answered your questions but you ignored it like usual.

Also it's called exposure. They send a unit free of charge and get free exposure. LTT does a review and keeps the addsense and sponsor spot money.

It's so damn simple

its okay Mate. if you dont understand the importance of ethics. I can't make you. why do you reply if it doesnt matter? 

I understand ethics and the fact you have an agenda. It's like this is a crusade for you.

Also post #2 and mine answered you already.

mate (am I saying this right) MATE. its okay if you dont understand why Im doing this. feel free to try to bully someone else into not speaking up or something. cause I still will regardless of how many times you repeat yourself. 

Ultimaker has confirmed via Twitter they have gien him this in exchange for the ad time. which we all know is highly unethical. and that wasnt disclosed at all. 

My agenda is I want fair and disclosed advertisements. I dont work for another youtube chan. I don't hate Linus. I like his vids. I just want to see him follow the rules a bit better. especially since he holds the trust of a lot of people. 

I would do the same to a professor 

mate (am I saying this right) MATE. its okay if you dont understand why Im doing this. feel free to try to bully someone else into not speaking up or something. cause I still will regardless of how many times you repeat yourself. 

Ultimaker has confirmed via Twitter they have gien him this in exchange for the ad time. which we all know is highly unethical. and that wasnt disclosed at all. 

Why do you try to attack people based on racial stereotypes.. Wasn't the other thread Bahrain and now it's Australia? Next you'll be offering me a fosters and a shrimp on the barbie. (Fellow Aussies do not explain please).

Again it was said in the video. Ultimaker offered to send the unit, LTT accepted. It's also called EXPOSURE, do you want them to open every video with them going. Hi I'm insert *name* and we're making this video for *insert reason* and this is all the communication we've had in regards to it. They would lose subs so quickly LTT would be done by Christmas of next year.

See embedded video for proof:

https://youtu.be/nJLTguhW6Ps?t=19s

Also I am not bullying you in any shape or form. 

Why do you try to attack people based on racial stereotypes.. Wasn't the other thread Bahrain and now it's Australia? Next you'll be offering me a fosters and a shrimp on the barbie. (Fellow Aussies do not explain please).

Again it was said in the video. Ultimaker offered to send the unit, LTT accepted. It's also called EXPOSURE, do you want them to open every video with them going. Hi I'm insert *name* and we're making this video for *insert reason* and this is all the communication we've had in regards to it. They would lose subs so quickly LTT would be done by Christmas of next year.

See embedded video for proof:

https://youtu.be/nJLTguhW6Ps?t=19s

Also I am not bullying you in any shape or form. 

yes ethical you tubers do it all the time. it takes 20 seconds! 

examples are 

Total Biscuit 

Unit Lost- Great British gaming 

My agenda is I want fair and disclosed advertisements. I dont work for another youtube chan. I don't hate Linus. I like his vids. I just want to see him follow the rules a bit better. especially since he holds the trust of a lot of people. 

I would do the same to a professor 

Out of curiosity, do you want them to put small text at the bottom of every video where they've been sent free stuff saying "this is an advertisement"?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Out of curiosity, do you want them to put small text at the bottom of every video where they've been sent free stuff saying "this is an advertisement"?

hey Thorium. Yes its one of the requirements

It must be in the about section, it cant be in the see more part. and they must disclose it at the start of the video. 

Other youtubers that do it Ethically also put (sponsored) in the title of the video  

hey Thorium. Yes its one of the requirements

It must be in the about section, it cant be in the see more part. and they must disclose it at the start of the video. 

Other youtubers that do it Ethically also put (sponsored) in the title of the video  

I will point out that just because they get sent the item for free, doesn't make it an advertisement, as it is generally a review, where they can completely slate it if they want, meaning any marketing gain for that company could go down the shitter.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I will point out that just because they get sent the item for free, doesn't make it an advertisement, as it is generally a review, where they can completely slate it if they want, meaning any marketing gain for that company could go down the shitter.

Lets be honest here. Ultimaker wouldnt just give them a printer, unless Linus said yes ill do a video for you. they expect it. 

Lets be honest here. Ultimaker wouldnt just give them a printer, unless Linus said yes ill do a video for you. they expect it. 

Yes, but they have been sent a fair number of products in the past and never done a review for them as they've not thought it good enough for a review etc, so ultimaker won't have been guaranteed a video. Also, ultimaker took a risk in hoping that they would like it (it was expected they would, but no guarantee) or else they'd have negative publicity. Companies that send free stuff take a risk in the hope for a big reward, but in the case of a review channel, as LTT is, that's not a guarantee, unlike with vlog channels where they always praise it and shove it in your face *cough* oreos *cough*

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, but they have been sent a fair number of products in the past and never done a review for them as they've not thought it good enough for a review etc, so ultimaker won't have been guaranteed a video. Also, ultimaker took a risk in hoping that they would like it (it was expected they would, but no guarantee) or else they'd have negative publicity. Companies that send free stuff take a risk in the hope for a big reward, but in the case of a review channel, as LTT is, that's not a guarantee, unlike with vlog channels where they always praise it and shove it in your face *cough* oreos *cough*

Linus has alluded many times. that THEY MUST get this video out TODAY in a few of his videos. 

So they even have agreed dates when they will release them. otherwise they would send out expensive 3D printers and no one would do anything. or would be done too late to serve any marketable purpose

Hence why Im a little miffed how Linus still gets so much stuff since he staggers onto Vessel first.  

again as I said not everything has these agreements in exchange for doing the videos. but all the big stuff most certainly has conditions attached. 

These threads are just classsik gold comedy.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Linus has alluded many times. that THEY MUST get this video out TODAY in a few of his videos. 

So they even have agreed dates when they will release them. otherwise they would send out expensive 3D printers and no one would do anything. or would be done too late to serve any marketable purpose

Hence why Im a little miffed how Linus still gets so much stuff since he staggers onto Vessel first.  

Quite a number of times they have products under NDA (new processors, graphics cards, cases etc.) or because they have a schedule to release a video per day, and often it'll just be that they scheduled it for that day, and need to release it or else they won't have kept up with their video per day. I'm also going to point out that in a lot of cases the product will need to be sent back, maybe to go to another reviewer, so they don't just get to keep it, they need to do a video as there are limited supplies of the item to go around reviewers.

I can understand you might be a little annoyed, but are you sure it's not just jealousy that you don't get sent these things, that they get to use an ultimaker and you don't?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Quite a number of times they have products under NDA (new processors, graphics cards, cases etc.) or because they have a schedule to release a video per day, and often it'll just be that they scheduled it for that day, and need to release it or else they won't have kept up with their video per day. I'm also going to point out that in a lot of cases the product will need to be sent back, maybe to go to another reviewer, so they don't just get to keep it, they need to do a video as there are limited supplies of the item to go around reviewers.

I can understand you might be a little annoyed, but are you sure it's not just jealousy that you don't get sent these things, that they get to use an ultimaker and you don't?

Ive said many times I like The LTT videos. 

over the last month or so I have just seen all the youtubers follow the same script. then the Machinima thing came out. and its opened my eyes a bit more. 

the problem is the ethics. Why would I care if he gets free stuff. 

but its the fact, that people put a lot of trust into their purchase decisions, and they dont know that a certain percentage of stuff. is videos done in exchange for the free gifts etc. so people may think they are watching a review. when it is just a product placement disguised as one. 

the problem is WE DONT KNOW .