[Mini-News] PewDiePie is the first Youtuber to surpass 10 billion views

Bouzoo

There are a few videos now with 1 billion+ views on Youtube and even not having one of them he managed to break the record. I know many hate him for what he does or for how he does it but this is quite an accomplishment and we all can agree on that. It was kind of expected considering his earning from his videos if you think about it.

All I can say grats to Felix and wish you everything best in the future. 

P.S. Let's try and keep this civilized and not turn this into an "Insult fest".

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

inb4 h8rz shoutin... #pudipysckz

on topic tho, good for him , he is an entertainer & that's what he does , a million may love him & another million may will hate him , that's the nature of the internet , regardless of his content i think he does what he does without being pushed..mostly with the passion he has for it. it's something that i like about him ,

There are a lot of those who shut down their channel(s) , due to negative comments & reviews  & that is the fraction of what those which pewdie receives each , but he's still there, for me it shows that he's still doing it out of his passion, regardless what he hears each day, so , i think it's  good for him..

Details separate people.

I think his content is the type of crap that appeals to 12 year olds but he's a decent guy overall. Congratulations nonetheless.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Good on him but I just really find him cringy

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I don't like his vids at all really annoying.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

#livindadream

The dude's doing his thing - making videos about games that would otherwise not get the attention. And as a game development student myself, guys like PewDiePie are pretty much the people indie developers need.

Of course, he has his detractors......naturally. But who doesn't today?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Makes me sad for humanity.

Not because of the man himself, but because of the content.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

-Abraham Lincoln

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

many can hate him, but with a fuck load of cash, he quite frankly doesnt give a shit, nor would i.

he has a girlfriend, money and enjoys what he does, not many can say they have all that.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

But how is this possible, there are way less people on planet?!

Anyway, well GZ to him. :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Every now and then he does walkthroughs like Infamous, Until Dawn etc. that are really civilized and comprehensive, which I like. 

I agree that most of his content is appealing for 12yr olds, but still...he's one of the few youtubers that gives the feel that he does it because he likes it, not because he has to do it.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Still find him to be the most irritating YouTuber ever.

Every time someone in real life I know mentions his name I tell them to stfu as the man really gets on my nerves as well as his immature fan base.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It's k guys, it's not like he plays minecraft. He actually plays sometimes decent games, and other times very derpy games.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Why people watch his videos? Because everyone does. And that's enough for a 12 year old to become a fanboy of him

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

How the hell is this mini news?

The first guy who surpasses 10 Billion view...

Pffft what a casual right guys?

Slightly more on topic, good for him. I don't like his content but i like him as a person.

How the hell is this mini news?

The first guy who surpasses 10 Billion view...

Pffft what a casual right guys?

I don't think that a view record broken by some guy on some web page is that big of a news if you get me. I can change it if people want, not that it matters that much.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

#livindadream

The dude's doing his thing - making videos about games that would otherwise not get the attention. And as a game development student myself, guys like PewDiePie are pretty much the people indie developers need.

Of course, he has his detractors......naturally. But who doesn't today?

Right,He's A Multi Millionaire Having Fun,While Other People Have To Bust There Asses And Not Get 4 Million A Year,So He's Pretty Fucking Smart

Makes me sad for humanity.

Not because of the man himself, but because of the content.

You must have been such an intellectual when you were 12 years old, right? You hit up all the museums and read all the encyclopedias? You probably also read science journals? You never once watched some stupid cartoon show? I fully admit I watched some hilariously sad crap as a kid, only back then it wasn't crap to me - it was completely awesome. Cause I was a kid, not a pretentious 'genius'. 

Felix isn't some idiot. He markets to a specific audience well. The same audience that enjoyed playing with Barbies and GI Joes when we were kids. How is that wrong? How does that make you sad for humanity? 

Jesus. The man created a niche for himself and stuck to his guns. If this was 10 years ago he'd be given some equally cringe worthy cartoon show to market his talents. But guess what? We "adults" think its cringe. His audience of kids? They love that shit. Thats why it works. 

So you and others can get off your "high horse" and stop feeling sad for humanity, humanity doesn't need your fake sympathy. 

You must have been such an intellectual when you were 12 years old, right? You hit up all the museums and read all the encyclopedias? You probably also read science journals? You never once watched some stupid cartoon show? I fully admit I watched some hilariously sad crap as a kid, only back then it wasn't crap to me - it was completely awesome. Cause I was a kid, not a pretentious 'genius'. 

Felix isn't some idiot. He markets to a specific audience well. The same audience that enjoyed playing with Barbies and GI Joes when we were kids. How is that wrong? How does that make you sad for humanity? 

Jesus. The man created a niche for himself and stuck to his guns. If this was 10 years ago he'd be given some equally cringe worthy cartoon show to market his talents. But guess what? We "adults" think its cringe. His audience of kids? They love that shit. Thats why it works. 

So you and others can get off your "high horse" and stop feeling sad for humanity, humanity doesn't need your fake sympathy. 

Well, I did spend a lot of time watching the science channel. But yeah, I watched some childrens cartoons. Dexter's lab, DBZ, 2-stupid dogs. etc.

Well, I did spend a lot of time watching the science channel. But yeah, I watched some childrens cartoons. Dexter's lab, DBZ, 2-stupid dogs. etc.

Well, congrats! You are the "back in my day" version of the kids who instead of watching cartoon shows now watch YouTubers with varying personalities! 

Hypocrisy - ain't it a beauty? 

Well, congrats! You are the "back in my day" version of the kids who instead of watching cartoon shows now watch YouTubers with varying personalities! 

Hypocrisy - ain't it a beauty? 

Yep.

Although I would use the 12 year old comeback of "the shows I watched were way cooler than anything pewdiepie has ever done" lol

Every time I hear something about this guy all I think of is South Park. 

Right,He's A Multi Millionaire Having Fun,While Other People Have To Bust There Asses And Not Get 4 Million A Year,So He's Pretty Fucking Smart

Is it wrong to have fun? Is it wrong that he saw a chance and took advantage of it? Is it wrong that he helped influence a boom of Let's Players and gaming videos skyrocketing in popularity on YouTube?

As far as I'm concerned, that is smart.

So if you don't mind, stop being so salty.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D