Google Chrome bypass ad blocker extentions for YouTube. Adds a bit of revenge too.

GoodBytes

Using an ad blocker on Chrome, like AdBlock Plus?

You probably started to notice lately that YouTube now shows ads. In addition, they don't have a Skip button. That is right, until your have the ad blocker add-on YouTube will play ads in full, with no ability to skip.

Update:

Some users here says that using different ad blocking extensions not based on AdBlock Plus, seams to be working for them. At least, for now.

[/update]

On Twitter, user resVGC says:

Trying different ad blocking add-ons won't solve the problem either. The web browser detects that you are blocking YouTube ads, and by-passes the ad blocking, and doesn't give you the 'Skip' button anymore, even if the ad is several minutes long

There is a work around to this, and that is to uninstall the YouTube app from Chrome the Twitter user SteeScribbles claims.

It seams to be working for now... until Google bake the YouTube app in Chrome.

Firefox users aren't affected by this.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/google-chrome-reportedly-bypassing-adblock-forces-users-to-watch-full-length-video-ads

Aggressive af. I'm just gonna have to wait for a better way to circumventing this crap without dropping chrome totally.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Aggressive af. I'm just gonna have to wait for a better way to circumventing this crap without dropping chrome totally.

This will be the last in the coffin for chrome for me. Their poor battery efficiency is enough.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So in unrelated news; Firefox has now 100% more users!

Link m8?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I have chrome but have not seen a single ad and I am using ublock origin.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

you know it would happen some time. turned off ABP long time ago

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know google and youtube use targeted advertising, if these ads were shorter and we saw less of the same ad every time, people won't even bother using adblock.

For example (I don't use adblock) I click to watch a 15 second video, I get a 30 second non-skippable ad that i've seen everyday! It's stuff like this which makes me really frustrated and makes people get adblock. Youtube's algorithm of displaying the ideal amount of ads to not annoy the user isn't very good.

well I would watch YT adds if they would be like 30sec max, also I have addblock for all those pop ups not for youtube

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

You know, I wouldn't have a problem if I didn't have to hear about the guy who drives his Lamborghini in the Hollywood Hills all the time.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Pretty sure this is dangerous territory: Why should Google decide which extensions should and should not work? One of it's main selling points it's always been the extensions available and this pretty much negates that since they can decide arbitrarily to cripple that functionality.

Word to the wise: If you're like me and cannot stand Firefox you can use a Chrome based alternative like Opera or Torch (later is what I'm using) they do not seem to be affected.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Luckily for all of us there's Opera. Same engine than Chrome and same extensions, but without the limitations of Google.

#operamasterrace

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

Not affected here..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Thats why i use firefox.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

-snip-

saved my bacon ^^ thanks .

PC Specs: Intel 4930K OC @4.3Ghz + Cooler Master seidon 240m with Noctua fans , running on Asus Rampage Formula IV, 32GB Kingston Beast 2400Mhz, GTX 780ti + GTX 560ti, EVGA 1600W supernova p2, Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD (OS/Windows 8.1) Kingston SSD v300 120GB (games I'm playing) Samsung 830 128GB SSD (video scratch disk) - x1 TOSHIBA SSHD 1TB - x2 Samsung 2TB HDD-WD 2TB+x2 1TB Green- x1 Seagate 1TB, BL RW drive + 5.25" USB 3.0+multi SD reader, ALL in CoolerMaster Cosmos 2. x6 screens.Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 , Razer Deathstalker Ultimate , Razer Orbweaver ,Razer Mamba 2012.

Still using ABP and Chrome, not getting any ad's coming through?

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT