Acer xb270hu vs asus mg279q vs acer xr34cka

itachi737
Go to solution Solved by kuddlesworth9419,

I have the Acer xb270hu. I love it.

Hello,

I own an asus pb278q, but I really want to buy a high refresh rate monitor. I can either buy one of these 3 monitors:

Acer xb270hu: it has g-sync but it costs 950$

Asus mg279q: it has free-sync ( i have an nvidia gpu so it s useless). It cost 750$ (cheapest)

Xr34cka: its an ultra-wide display and it has g-sync but it will cost around 1300$ and it only has 100hz.

Right now i m more inclined toward the first 2 because the xr34 is very expensive and it only has 100hz. Is g-sync worth 200$ more? Also do you think that I should buy the ultra-wide one? I would rather not spend too much cash but if it is really worth it I will.

I play alot of AAA titles (rts, fps, strategy, city builders, etc) such as the witcher, dai, fallout, bioshock, but I also play csgo (a lot) and I heard that the ultrawide is not good for it but amazing for the rest.

Specs:

I7 3770k 4,5ghz

Gtx 980ti sli

Corsair ax860i

P8z77m pro

1 128gb ssd and 3tb hdd

16gb ram 1600.

Thank You

Hello,

I own an asus pb278q, but I really want to buy a high refresh rate monitor. I can either buy one of these 3 monitors:

Acer xb270hu: it has g-sync but it costs 950$

Asus mg279q: it has free-sync ( i have an nvidia gpu so it s useless). It cost 750$ (cheapest)

Xr34cka: its an ultra-wide display and it has g-sync but it will cost around 1300$ and it only has 100hz.

Right now i m more inclined toward the first 2 because the xr34 is very expensive and it only has 100hz. Is g-sync worth 200$ more? Also do you think that I should buy the ultra-wide one? I would rather not spend too much cash but if it is really worth it I will.

I play alot of AAA titles (rts, fps, strategy, city builders, etc) such as the witcher, dai, fallout, bioshock, but I also play csgo (a lot) and I heard that the ultrawide is not good for it but amazing for the rest.

Specs:

I7 3770k 4,5ghz

Gtx 980ti sli

Corsair ax860i

P8z77m pro

1 128gb ssd and 3tb hdd

16gb ram 1600.

Thank You

Personally I will get an acer xr34cka when it comes out because i love ultrawide and if you have the money GET IT!!!!!! It doesn't matter if it's not good in shit games like csgo (i hate all fps's) I have a 34uc97 and as i said i looooooooove ultrawide and i think you will to!

Go with XB270HU

>dual 980Ti

>play CSGO alot

So you believe that g sync is worth the 200$ price difference between the acer and the asus one?

He has Nvidia

I m not sure what you exactly meant by that but I assume you that you meant that nvidia only works with g sync. I now that but I find it quiet expensive to pay 200 more for g sync only. I now that free sync will be useless but i couldn t find any monitor at 1440p 144hz ips without free or g sync.

Go with XB270HU

Looking into this one, seeing as its GSync, it would be up to 144Hz correct?

I m not sure what you exactly meant by that but I assume you that you meant that nvidia only works with g sync. I now that but I find it quiet expensive to pay 200 more for g sync only. I now that free sync will be useless but i couldn t find any monitor at 1440p 144hz ips without free or g sync.

If you are saying that you are on "Budget" ofc i'll say go with 750$ one, but you said you could get the 1.3K so why not 900$ :)

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Personally I will get an acer xr34cka when it comes out because i love ultrawide and if you have the money GET IT!!!!!! It doesn't matter if it's not good in shit games like csgo (i hate all fps's) I have a 34uc97 and as i said i looooooooove ultrawide and i think you will to!

I'd love to get an ultrawide for open world games like Fallout 4...you're a lucky man!

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

If you are saying that you are on "Budget" ofc i'll say go with 750$ one, but you said you could get the 1.3K so why not 900$ :)

Because I m not completly sold on the bensfits of g sync the 500 for the 1.3k one were for ultra wide. This oneis only 200$ for g sync. I know it eliminates screen tearing but I don't seem to notice it that much.

Looking into this one, seeing as its GSync, it would be up to 144Hz correct?

Yea the two 16:9 are 144hz.

I got my mg279q for $550, I dunno where you are looking at for 750.

It's a nice monitor but you really have to be aware that alot of people have had issues with it, I personally have not.

I got my mg279q for $550, I dunno where you are looking at for 750.

It's a nice monitor but you really have to be aware that alot of people have had issues with it, I personally have not.

I bet you bought it in the USA. I m Canadian. 

Shopbot shows the XB270HU at $900 and it's $950 at Newegg. You can price match it to save 50 bucks. Depends on your budget on what you want and if you deem Gsync worth $150. You could also get the MG279Q now and sell your cards next year to go AMD. Everything I've heard about DX12 and VR has AMD in the lead and next years cards don't seem to be another refresh.

http://www.shopbot.ca/pp-acer-xb270hu-acer-price-515357.html

I'd love to get an ultrawide for open world games like Fallout 4...you're a lucky man!

No I'm not lucky such a thing doesn't exist.

Shopbot shows the XB270HU at $900 and it's $950 at Newegg. You can price match it to save 50 bucks. Depends on your budget on what you want and if you deem Gsync worth $150. You could also get the MG279Q now and sell your cards next year to go AMD. Everything I've heard about DX12 and VR has AMD in the lead and next years cards don't seem to be another refresh.

http://www.shopbot.ca/pp-acer-xb270hu-acer-price-515357.html

Amazon has it for CAD$ 648 right now.

I have the Acer xb270hu. I love it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think I ll buy the xb270hu. GSync will most likely be useful with new aaa title and I really want that 144hz.

Thank you very much for all your answers.

Amazon has it for CAD$ 648 right now.

i almost got caught i was ready to order when i realised that the one at 648$ is the 1080p version and not 1440p.

I'm in the same situation as the OP right now looking at a Gsync display but i do not own a 980ti i have only a 780 and at this point i'm considering switching side and selling the 780 to move to an R9 290X/390/390X or whatever because, this:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10141108628

Gsync is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE NVIDIA!!!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i almost got caught i was ready to order when i realised that the one at 648$ is the 1080p version and not 1440p.

I'm in the same situation as the OP right now looking at a Gsync display but i do not own a 980ti i have only a 780 and at this point i'm considering switching side and selling the 780 to move to an R9 290X/390/390X or whatever because, this:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10141108628

Gsync is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE NVIDIA!!!

I was seriously just about to have NCIX price match it until I clicked the "show more" button and found out it was 1080p as well...

The monitor you linked is pretty popular because it's so much cheaper, but it's also TN. I'll wait until around Christmas until an IPS version is on sale :)

I was seriously just about to have NCIX price match it until I clicked the "show more" button and found out it was 1080p as well...

The monitor you linked is pretty popular because it's so much cheaper, but it's also TN. I'll wait until around Christmas until an IPS version is on sale :)

it's cheaper because it's Freesync which works with AMD GPU's only...Gsync is proprietary from what i understand and Nvidia is cashing on it big time that's why monitors equipped with Gsync are that much more expensive...but as i said i think i'll trade/sell my GTX and move to an R9 390 or something...there is almost 400$ difference between the monitors which will pretty much cover the cost of the GPU...minus the money i'll get in return for my GTX780 makes it going with Gsync kind of a silly decision as far as i'm concerned.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it's cheaper because it's Freesync which works with AMD GPU's only...Gsync is proprietary from what i understand and Nvidia is cashing on it big time that's why monitors equipped with Gsync are that much more expensive...but as i said i think i'll trade/sell my GTX and move to an R9 390 or something...there is almost 400$ difference between the monitors which will pretty much cover the cost of the GPU...minus the money i'll get in return for my GTX780 makes it going with Gsync kind of a silly decision as far as i'm concerned.

I was talking about the MG being IPS :P