ProxMox Web GUI not working

Judahnator

So... The office manager got the root login info for our servers from the CEO because he "needed them." We were starting up a new server, and the office manager nominated one of the employees who "knows all about clustering" to set it up.

I know, bad place to be. Everything that could have been avoided should have been, but it wasnt.

First off, our hosting provider does not support multicast traffic so the initial sync failed.

Also, a bunch of config files were screwed up,

AND now the web GUI wont start.

I have done my googleing, I dont know what to do.

All our virtual machines are running, just the web GUI that is not working. I want every node in the cluster removed from the cluster, so we can start from scratch (and do it right).

I admit this is over my head.

Im calling out to other Linux experts. What do I do? I would be willing to pay someone to fix.

~Judah

So... The office manager got the root login info for our servers from the CEO because he "needed them." We were starting up a new server, and the office manager nominated one of the employees who "knows all about clustering" to set it up.

I know, bad place to be. Everything that could have been avoided should have been, but it wasnt.

First off, our hosting provider does not support multicast traffic so the initial sync failed.

Also, a bunch of config files were screwed up,

AND now the web GUI wont start.

I have done my googleing, I dont know what to do.

All our virtual machines are running, just the web GUI that is not working. I want every node in the cluster removed from the cluster, so we can start from scratch (and do it right).

I admit this is over my head.

Im calling out to other Linux experts. What do I do? I would be willing to pay someone to fix.

Have you tried looking in the log file to see what's causing it to not load?

tail /var/log/daemon.log

Did you use the precompiled ProxMox image? or try to manually add the package to an existing Linux install?

You can still SSH in?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Have you tried looking in the log file to see what's causing it to not load?

tail /var/log/daemon.log

Did you use the precompiled ProxMox image? or try to manually add the package to an existing Linux install?

You can still SSH in?

Yes, I can still SSH into the host. That all seems to be working fine.

The problem (or at least one of them) is not being able to load the ssl key from /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key (i checked, it is there).

I am currently re-installing the software on another server in the same IP block. Im making backups of the virtual machines and am going to attempt to move them to the secondary server the non-cluster way.

~Judah

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.