[HP] Envy 750se Desktop, Core i7-6700K Skylake, GTX 970 4GB, 12GB RAM for $875

Dealzon

6th gen Skylakes are now available at HP on select desktops. They generally do large percentage off discounts during first few week of new product release to pump sale, and its usually pretty good (30% off). Coupon scales too so whatever component you add will be discounted too.

• Customize and add these components to reach coupon threshold:
    • +$30 Core i7-6700K Skylake 4.0Ghz
    • +$280 GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    • +$30 500W PSU
  • Shipping is free and tax in most states.
  • 500w PSU (not sure on brand edit: probably Delta)
  • DDR4-2133 DIMM (1x8GB+1x4GB) RAM

Not too bad of a price all things considered. Pic of the desktop:

l_10133664_003.jpg

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Doesn't look half bad for being a HP case.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

now the question is, is the psu any good

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

p good deal yo

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

woh. what ? makes me feel like I should sell my pc and get this O.o

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Lol no there's no way they could get it to a price this good with a decent PSU in it.

Here's the pic they used which is sketchy

psu_t.jpg

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Lol no there's no way they could get it to a price this good with a decent PSU in it.

psu_t.jpg

yeah but look at the gpu and cpu they obviously just grabbed some from google images

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

yeah but look at the gpu and cpu they obviously just grabbed some from google images

yeah just a stock photo.

I suppose if I'm not lazy I can look up the PSU + mobo

the 500w upgrade was required for the processor + GPU bump. so can't be all that bad. (standard is a 300w)

Doesn't look half bad for being a HP case.

yeah getting more simple/functional vs the too much flare they had before. when the lid is close its a nice simple look:

M1Z89EA-ABU_1_1560x1144.jpg

yeah getting more simple/functional vs the too much flare they had before. when the lid is close its a nice simple look:

but look at it the airflow must be atrocious

yeah just a stock photo.

the 500w upgrade was required for the processor + GPU bump. so can't be all that bad. (standard is a 300w)

could always call upon @Aniallation

Spoiler

Hmm found the mobo for the older 750 (4th/5th gen) which was an MSI. so if new is anything like old, it'll be that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-750-100-Desktop-PC-series/8499646/model/8501664/document/c04525350/

honestly most of these will run the hardware they allow you to customize to fine (in that you're not going to be overclocking squat in here)

honestly most of these will run the hardware they allow you to customize to fine (in that you're not going to be overclocking squat in here)

ok

Spoiler

most users dont oc so does it oc should not be a question asked for general use including gaming(if the cpu is fine chances it not even necessary)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

psu_t.jpg

yeah just a stock photo.

could always call upon @Aniallation

If it's like HP's past Envy PCs, they're actually quite decent Delta units.

"Rawr XD"

ok thanks

Spoiler

Dell does this as well. Hopefully it isn't some POS from HEC made of butter.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Dell does this as well. Hopefully it isn't some POS from HEC made of butter.

hilarious.

back in the days OEM always throw in the worst PSUs. they die like two days after your warranty expire and is always the first component to go.

nice to hear they're not POS

hilarious.

back in the days OEM always throw in the worst PSUs. they die like two days after your warranty expire and is always the first component to go.

Believe me, I have lived the ins-and-outs of them xD They seem to have improved but they're still standard silver box units with ketchup and mustard cables.

Believe me, I have lived the ins-and-outs of them xD They seem to have improved but they're still standard silver box units with ketchup and mustard cables.

My 300w HP power supply went through 15 ?Furmark burn in test and ended up with a +600 Mem +150Boost Clock. Had to go,to stock clocks because I realized my AMD APU was holding it back. Even down clocked.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

hilarious.

nice to hear they're not POS

i guess the psu in my dad pc is not a pos than since its been going strong for 3-4 years, btw the pc is an lga 775 iirc i thing thats the socket that the pentium g640 and all the other 1st gen i core cpus use, the pc is not working properly though since it got exetremely slow but my dad is going to take it up to a pc repair store or something like that sometime soon

Spoiler

So cheap. Totally worth even if u gonna keep it at stock speeds.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

THE psus in hp systems are not That bad

mines been going 4 years now.

On time is  17/7

Still doing 12GB RAM? Wow..

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ