Issues with front panel audio + Headphones, sound is suddenly mono?

Recently I've started having issues with my front panel audio, the headphones plugged in play back all the sound through both speakers. During the listening tests of the realtek audio manager I can hear the sound both left and right, even though it should switch between left and right channel. The same is true for a simple listening test, left and right channel always play back the sound at the same time as if I had a mono signal on both ears. 

I started realizing that this was happening while playing CS:GO, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but my audio seems to mess up in that game constantly anyway. 

When I start up the PC it is usually fine, but after using it (and the speakers plugged into the back) for a while and then switching to the headphones it suddenly shows this behaviour. To get rid of it I have to restart the PC and/or unplug the headphones. It is not the headphones, by the way, since 2 other pairs plugged into the front panel do the same thing. 

Specs and my config can be found on my profile, I use the standard realtek audio drivers for Windows 10 for the Asus website. 

It's a grounding issue with one of the cables on the front panel. You'll need to take it apart and fix the wiring on the port side or motherboard side.

Okay, thanks. I'll check out the connectors and the wiring on both ends as soon as I get to it. As of now I have found a workaround by using the audio pass through on my monitor. Weird that an issue like that just pops up occassionally and doesn't always happen. 

I got similiar issue. I just use the back panel audio instead.

I got similiar issue. I just use the back panel audio instead.

Not really an option for me since I have a set of speakers plugged in there. I found a workaround by using the audio passthrough of my monitor (which just works via DP), but I'll have to check out the cables later.